PDA

View Full Version : New Addition to the Liss Family!!

tliss
03-17-2003, 08:10 AM
http://www.talonclub.com/4images/data/media/28/DCP_1000.JPG

Here is out 9 week old St. Bernard Otis! We just picked him up yesterday. He's only about 15 lbs now, but give him a few months. His father is 180 and mom is 150, so he's gonna be a big boy!!:eek2:

Tom

Silver_2000
03-17-2003, 08:17 AM
Cute... already too big to go through my dog doors though

Just noticed his paws are 1/2 the size of his head....

Logan
03-17-2003, 08:38 AM
Cute puppy. Did that once. Didn't appreciate the pee & poo damn near everywhere, it's propensity to consume cat poo, and it's delightful habit of chewing and scratching everything in sight.

Dog lasted about 72 hours in my house.

tliss
03-17-2003, 09:49 AM
He's only taken a wizz in the house twice (once as soon as we got him home and once overnight), and no special presents left so far. He has been somewhat housebroken by the breeder and understands the difference between inside and out. We're working on teaching him to go outside every couple of hours or so to take care of some business, and he seems to be very agreeable to it. No if only we could get him to stop chewing on the telephone cords....

Tom

Wht95Lightning
03-17-2003, 10:43 AM
I took mine to Mans best friend for obience training and it was the best thing I could've done. Those people are miracle workers. My dog went from Demolitions expert to Socialite in 2 weeks and never went back to his evil ways.

As far as chewing on the phone cords goes... I suggest giving him ONE and only ONE chew toy and when you see him chewing something he isn't supposed to, take that away and put the chew toy in his mouth and encourage him to chew that instead. If you give him a whole pile of chew toys he won't be able to distinguish the difference between what is a toy and what isn't. My .02

BTW, beautiful puppy. :tu:

Moonshine
03-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Logan
Dog lasted about 72 hours in my house.

That's because you're Canadian, and dogs have good taste. ;)

Tom, that's a great looking pup. :tu: Sounds like you're on the right path with the housebreaking. I highly recommend obedience training too. When he starts to get a little bigger you'll we'll have to introduce him to my Great Dane.

tliss
03-17-2003, 02:43 PM
We plan on socializing him as much as possible. One more "accident" in the house earlier and he decided to tear apart one of the house plants. Wife's ticked. Oh well, second day with the new puppy!

Tom

Logan
03-17-2003, 03:37 PM
This thread ought to keep me entertained for days... :)

tliss
03-17-2003, 03:46 PM
I'll post the daily progress of Otis' life right here, if there's enough interest....

He's just like a child...tell him not to do something and he waits until you're gone and does it again....little sh*t!

Tom

L8 APEX
03-17-2003, 03:59 PM
I was riding Brian's ATV across his pasture last weekend and noticed some huge piles of "stuff". Looking for a stray cow or something, then it clicked about the Great Dane having free roam. Get a big shovel or 10 acres:hammer:

Crawford
03-17-2003, 04:33 PM
This will fix his wagon! :eek2:

500,000 Volt Stun Baton....Batteries included
Simply touch an assailant with the baton and pull the trigger. Rubber Handle. 20 inches long
$79.95

Silver_2000
03-17-2003, 05:49 PM
Crate training

http://www.siriusweb.com/AAD/crate.html

L8 APEX
03-17-2003, 06:08 PM
Read up on the crate, it is intended to keep him from getting in trouble when you are not there to directly supervise him. Also look into the nut snipping OUCH! It made a difference in my Shepherd. Maybe his personality is different though..

dboat
03-17-2003, 09:51 PM
but did the Mans Best Friend and crate training and now its great...
but its a good looking dog.. the only thing I know about em is that if you dont feed them enough then the small dogs in the neighborhood start to disappear...
Dana