PDA

View Full Version : Lightning Sold-Please don't kick me off the list

devildog92
03-15-2003, 11:00 PM
Well, after much thought, I have sold the Lightning today, and to much regret. The position at my crap-ass company (that is giving me the rubber beavis mind you) has put me in a position I had to get out of it to reduce the payments to stay afloat. PLEASE, PLEASE do not ever buy insurance from AIG, they are screwing me and will screw you. In its stead, I got my wife a family car, and brand new 6-spd 2k2 Maxima SE fully loaded. It has never been owned. It is an extremely nice car, and I can see why it is their flagship. I reduced the car payment by over $220, reduced the insurance, gas, etc. I HATE THIS CRAP, but it had to be done.

I hope I am not banned from the list now, I got so upset a few minutes ago I took down all the L stuff in the computer room just so I didnt have to look at it. Anyway, I have all kinds of stuff for sale, and if interested email me and let me know what you want. We can then talk price:

6 lb pulley
JDM-tuned chip for 4lb pulley
Accufab Throttle Body
Retrax Bed cover
Anderson power pipe
9" K&N
FRPP oil breather

Take care everyone, and let meknow if anyone wants this stuff...

ps-I also have a '69 351W and '70 350 4-bolt Chevy SB in my garage. Those are for sale, too.

TxBolt
03-15-2003, 11:20 PM
Sorry to hear about that. I know what you mean it can get tough at times. Wish you the best!

Silver_2000
03-15-2003, 11:22 PM
BANNED !!!

:d

Just Kidding...

devildog92
03-15-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
BANNED !!!

:d

Just Kidding...

You're killin me Doug. It was really kind of cool, although the whole thing is disheartening. I found a guy @ the dealership that is going to by it. He originally stated he was interested in buying it from me, now I think he is going to by it directly from the dealership where he works so he doesn't get in trouble. At least it will be in good hands (he has a 400rwhp fox body 'stang).

cpeapea
03-16-2003, 01:56 AM
man i hope everything works out for you, maybe you can get back on your feet for the next gen!

Silver_2000
03-16-2003, 02:14 AM
We have managed to over look the buying of SVT Foci.. or an occasional Super CHarged Harley BUT a Maxima ?

Thats pushing the envelope... :eek2: :nono:

HighVoltage
03-16-2003, 03:47 AM
Sorry to hear that Brother!
Does that new Maxima have the 3.5L??? If so, I hear they can crack into the 14's stock. Could be a new project.

Life is full of up's and downs....it's a hell of a rollercoaster!:tu:

Natetrun
03-16-2003, 05:41 AM
check your pm's. I'm interested in the electric fan and power pipe if it works with a stock air box.

already said it in the pm, but hate losing a fellow lightning owner

devildog92
03-16-2003, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
We have managed to over look the buying of SVT Foci.. or an occasional Super CHarged Harley BUT a Maxima ?

Thats pushing the envelope... :eek2: :nono:

>>>LOL. I will say this, my wife had input on this one since this is her car now. She is sooooo ****ed at Ford she told me she would not even consider it due to all the problems she's had with the 02 GT (guess who inherits that :bs )

I can't blame her, the Maxima is VERY refined, precise, and reasonably priced, AND we got 'the deal' from Trophy Nissan. This thing rides like a Lincoln, with all the amenities to boot. We opted for the 6 spd too (well, not really, there was only two 02 Maximas left, and the other was 5k more with GPS, etc). VERY, VERY strong motor. 3.5V6, DOHC 24V motor with 255hp. I would put it up to her 'Stang ANY DAY of the week, then haul the family to Golden Corral afterward. The last Nissan I owned sucked (a '95 Altima), but its been almost 10 yrs and I decided to get another because their quality has improved greatly. This thing is decked out with options.

I will probably get another Lightning someday in the future (hopefully near future), but for right now I will tolerate the Maxima, and mod it a little behind her back :tongue:

Crawford
03-16-2003, 11:22 AM
:(

wesman
03-16-2003, 12:01 PM
Sorry to hear it man....gotta do what you gotta do .

The Max's are nice...don't listen to the import haters...they don't appreciate anything that doesn't have a tow hitch and a possibility of a gun rack in the back window.

--wes

L8 APEX
03-16-2003, 12:08 PM
Cars come and go taking TCB comes first:tu: I will meet you at the shop today and help you de-mod the truck. Just don't take up all of this nice day:twitch:

wesman
03-16-2003, 12:09 PM
Terry,

I don't mean to hijack the thread but do you have any Densos in stock ?

I need some IT-22's

--wes

L8 APEX
03-16-2003, 12:18 PM
No they are a pain to get a hold of. I have been using TR-6's btu when I do carry Denso's it is 20-24's not 22's.

George G.
03-16-2003, 02:35 PM
How much for the retrax? Terry, Is the retrax the same for the old body style F150 minus the side rail extenders you had to make for yours?

L8 APEX
03-16-2003, 09:52 PM
No I think Garrett wants this one. Your truck take the ol' style cover:tu: