PDA

View Full Version : Questions About The Stock Rearend?

TxBolt
03-15-2003, 10:34 PM
Terry how much can these stock driveshafts and other parts hold up? I look at Hogg and he can't keep a driveshaft in his truck.:burnout: Like your bottom end your getting , I would think if I came of the line with that motor I would leave half my truck back at the tree. I don't care if I have a 10 sec truck or not, safety is the issue. Thanks Terry!

L8 APEX
03-16-2003, 12:13 PM
Terry H has "different needs:d He had a 1/2 Chevy driveshaft in his truck last time:hammer: I have not seen a L shaft fail due to power alone. Only axle wrpa due to traction and lack of support. If you are going deep 11's or 10's I would pop a steel DS back in there:tu: Most important thing is getting the axle wrap under control and maintaining good pinion angle.

TxBolt
03-16-2003, 01:52 PM
Well your the suspenstion expert. Axle wrp and axle wrap ! It makes me cry when I don't understand these things.:crying: I haven't heard of a Gen 1 giving away yet. I was checking to make sure. Thanks!
Tim

cpeapea
03-16-2003, 03:57 PM
i heard he was juicing it off the line, thats probably a big culprit of his problem as well as maybe a bad pinion angle, i hope hes running traction devices

L8 APEX
03-16-2003, 10:18 PM
Thery H has a combination that should be named as drive shaft shredding. He has huge slicks traction bars, supercharger, juice etc. He shocks the drivetrain like a suma*****. Also he uses cheap 1/2 ton truck DS. I have told hi to get a custom one made several times, do it!:hammer: :twitch: Axle wrap is where the rear diff angles upward by twisting the springs under heavy acceleration. You can stop this by adding traction bars to limit how far the differential can twist the springs.