PDA

View Full Version : Check Engine Light

Silver_2000
05-08-2002, 09:02 AM
I was going to Lunch yesterday and put the hammer down to get across traffic for left turn and the Check Engine light came on...

After Lunch I got out the AutoTap and looked at the PCM to find that I had Excessive exhaust gas recirculation going on..... Funny last time I reset a code in my truck it was excessive boost ...

I guess my truck is just plain excessive...

I used the Autotap to reset the Check engine light and it hasnt come back... Saved me a trip to the delaer ...

Doug

blueoval01
05-08-2002, 09:55 AM
Doug, that such cool stuff.
Did you buy the AT2 package for Ford vehicles?

Were there any extra accessories you had to buy as well?

:tu:

wesman
05-08-2002, 06:50 PM
Sounds like a very cool information tool...where would one get one of those ?

--wes

Silver_2000
05-08-2002, 09:12 PM
http://www.autotap.com/

I bought the AT3 for all vehicles...

It saves a trip to the dealer in some cases and makes for more peace of mind if you have to go at least you know what is wrong... I dont get as much use out of it as I thought...

I offered in the past to scan Members trucks if they paid me enough to make it worth getting off the couch but so far no one has been interested.

Doug

L8 APEX
05-08-2002, 10:43 PM
Sounds like you are going to have to data log EGR status ;) I wonder if the EGR is dirty or stuck? Dealer trips are like going to the grocery store, you make a list before you go! :D

blueoval01
05-09-2002, 08:26 AM
Doug,
Id like to have mine done ......:tu:

Anybody else interested? :confused:

L8 APEX
05-09-2002, 08:49 AM
Hey Mark, Is your check engine light even on or do you just want to play with a new toy :D

blueoval01
05-09-2002, 09:53 AM
Hey Terry,
The check engine light is on in my '97 XL, but not the L.
:D It's really Dougs toy, I'm just interested in seeing and possibly having a hard copy of the output.

:d
You know, the inquiring minds syndrome ......

L8 APEX
05-09-2002, 01:00 PM
I heard a radio commercial that Auto Zone will scan your vehicle and help you with check engine codes FREE. I wonder how this will work. Things like will the store have a working scan tool, will they print it so you can take it to the repair shop. Will they start naming parts to buy like TPS, or O2 sensors...
I should take mine up there and see what they say about over boost, lean idle bank 1&2, boost waste gate inop, LOL :D

Silver_2000
07-23-2002, 09:25 AM
Autotap Software update
http://www.svtlightnings.com/scantool/newautotap.jpg

faster data and MUCH better UI... Includes new S/C specific parameters

Doug