PDA

View Full Version : Why is the cat video thread closed?

George G.
03-12-2003, 10:56 AM
:confused:

Silver_2000
03-12-2003, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by George G.
:confused:

I recieved a complaint. Since it was WAY off topic and easliy offended animal lovers I felt it best closed...

Doug

98Cobra
03-12-2003, 12:20 PM
Are you kidding? Its a commercial. If someone is offended that easy, they won't last long here. :rolleyes:

George G.
03-12-2003, 12:21 PM
:tu:

Silver_2000
03-12-2003, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
Are you kidding?

I dont kid...

Crawford
03-12-2003, 12:24 PM
Being that it was a commercial it is surely fake which doesnt make it offensive to me. I am an animal lover too.

Also, being that it was posted in the general discussion forum how is it off topic?

wesman
03-12-2003, 12:31 PM
lol....PETA probably saw it.....was d@mn funny though

--wes

Wht95Lightning
03-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Hmmmm.. Well, if anybody wants it I will be glad to pm you the link.
I didn't think it was offensive in any way. IN fact, I watched it about a dozen times and laughed harder each time, had tears even.

If somebody has a problem with that commercial then they are way too sheltered.
:hammer:

Sixpipes
03-12-2003, 01:25 PM
I have personally felt like that cat for the last year. :cool:

Wht95Lightning
03-12-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
I have personally felt like that cat for the last year. :cool:

Your misfortunes have been exploited by foriegn electronics companies?
:p

Silver_2000
03-12-2003, 01:48 PM
If we were all sitting around having a beer and a sensitive subject came up, and one ofthe group showed siginificant distress, most of us would likley steer away from that subject. That is bascially what we did. We changed the subject.. Or at least I tried...

Doug

98Cobra
03-12-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
If we were all sitting around having a beer and a sensitive subject came up, and one ofthe group showed siginificant distress, most of us would likley steer away from that subject. That is bascially what we did. We changed the subject.. Or at least I tried...

Doug

I didn't think of it that way.

My apologies to whoever had their cat thrown around the room by a ceiling fan. That must have brought back bad memories.

:tongue:

Wht95Lightning
03-12-2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!

Doug

I can certainly see the reasoning in that...

I also wonder if we were all sitting around having a beer and I was trying to fixing/breaking something with a hammer and WHACKED the heck outta my thumb if there would be anyone, other than me, that wasn't roaring with laughter and spraying that last swallow of beer out of their nose?

I saw this bumper sticker recently:

It's only funny until somebody gets hurt, then it's hilarious.

Now if somebody had intentionally tied a string to the cat and thrown it into the fan, THAT would be evil.:flaming:

When we do stupid things on our own and can walk/run away, it's funny to those who see it happen whether you're a human or a cat.

Can I create some run-on sentences or what?

I am sorry that by posting that clip, somebody got offended. That was never my intent. :nono:

I have a clip of a really LARGE woman running over herself with a Suzuki if anyone wants to see that. :D

George G.
03-12-2003, 05:47 PM
Is it the one where she runs over a dirt mound while sitting down and gets bucked forward over the handle bars?:d

Wht95Lightning
03-12-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by George G.
Is it the one where she runs over a dirt mound while sitting down and gets bucked forward over the handle bars?:d

Yep, that's it... I just watched it again. ;)

Sixpipes
03-12-2003, 06:52 PM
I've got that one too, but I thought it was a Kawasaki. :cool:

98Cobra
03-13-2003, 09:57 AM
Doug:

Thanks for making the new OT forum. All of the humor, none of the excuses! Yee-haw. :) :tu:

Silver_2000
03-13-2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
Doug:

Thanks for making the new OT forum. All of the humor, none of the excuses! Yee-haw. :) :tu:

No problem

LETS MAKE SURE we use care in the subject lines of out threads.. That way no one gets any nasty surprises..

OT - Doesnt mean anything goes.. This site is still PG 13...

Doug