PDA

View Full Version : Proof of ETs?

Crawford
03-11-2003, 12:47 AM
I have gotten some requests that in order to put your best ET up on the list that you must post a timeslip for verification.

I have decided to put a poll to the Talon members to see if it is something we want to do.

Let me know! I will let the poll run for a couple weeks then see where the numbers are for the decision.

You can scan your slips on a scanner then post the picture to the forum or you can take a picture of it with a digital camera then post it to the forum.

I dont want the ET list to become meaningless because members dont post timeslips to the forum. On the otherhand it would be nice to see the merchandise. You choose.

Thanks.

L8 APEX
03-11-2003, 01:26 AM
We are usually out as a group large or small when we set our personal bests so that is usually proof enough for me. Look at most PB's they were set at Hallsville last year on the same weekend, or Wayne the 03 last weekeknd etc. I think people can say whatever they want to as long as it is not putting someone out of the top few spots. Maybe a time cutoff where proof either TALON members that were there or posting a pic of the slip. Say below 12.50's and 8's for the 1/8th? Not sure what other clubs are doing about this:)

Silver_2000
03-11-2003, 07:58 AM
Picture for times below 12.50 for the 1/8th seems reasonable:hammer:

tliss
03-11-2003, 08:20 AM
How about slips on demand? If someone out there questions the time we post the timeslip. Otherwise it doesn't get recorded and your post count gets 40 posts deducted:tongue: . I trust the guys around here and if they say that their personal best has improved I believe it. Especially since most of us know what mods the others have.

By the way, I just ran an 11.01 on street tires on my way into work this morning:bs

Tom

L8 APEX
03-11-2003, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Picture foor times below 12.50 for the 1/8th seems reasonable:hammer:
It says and 8's for the 1/8th:hammer:

L8 APEX
03-11-2003, 10:11 AM
How about a fastest L of every year? I know some people's best pass is aging in years:twitch:

ken cryder
03-11-2003, 12:18 PM
what if you don't have access to a scanner or a camera . or how many people will it take to vouch for you . or do we need to bring the slip with us every where to prove your telling the truth .

where's the trust in that ? if some one is concerned that some is fibbing than have that person call the other out , to a race or an event . we will know if some one is fibbing .

but then again how close do you have to get to your best time to be counted ?

i think it should be on total trust.

ken

Crawford
03-11-2003, 02:20 PM
Perhaps we could put something like (verified) next to the times that people show their slips for?

Example:
9. Crawford -------- 1.900, 12.625 @ 108.30 (01, Black) 2CFL6K (11-30-02) -Verified

How about that?

L8 APEX
03-11-2003, 02:29 PM
Yet another way to skin a cat:tu:

ken cryder
03-11-2003, 06:03 PM
this is the second to the last best on video is that proof.

go to lanes vs black lightning

and all that know my truck know i have a wing on the bed .

http://rampageroad.com/rr_texasraceway.html

ken

ken cryder
03-11-2003, 06:04 PM
the other lightning is boosted 32v

the runs against boosted are motor to motor no juice . and it also shows how good boosted 32v was doing first time out on f1s .

ken

03LightningRocks
03-18-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Crawford
Perhaps we could put something like (verified) next to the times that people show their slips for?

Example:
9. Crawford -------- 1.900, 12.625 @ 108.30 (01, Black) 2CFL6K (11-30-02) -Verified

How about that?

I like this Idea the best. It lends more credibility to our "Best Times" list.

This way, if we want to post the slip, we can, and it is then shown as proof. No thoughts of wether or not there is any "fudging". For those that don't want to post the slip...that's OK also. It just won't show as "Verified".

As to not having a way to post it. Most folks here seem to be able to get their truck pics posted. Most people here seem to have some sort of scanner, camera...ect.

Rocks :beer:

wesman
03-23-2003, 08:38 PM
I think posting the slips helps in other ways than just proving the results . It will help others that are comparing their trucks with similar mods etc to see if there is a potential issue with their truck or techniques.

Like everyone said, it's not that much of a trust issue, but an education issue IMO.

--wes

Crawford
03-23-2003, 09:51 PM
Okay. I am going to go with the -Verified option. Please do your best to post up a timeslip for the runs you have on the best et list to earn your verified status. I will try to dig my best slip up in the next day or so and post up.

ken cryder
03-23-2003, 10:02 PM
i guess just take me off the list because i have no way of posting my times since i don't have a camera or scanner . and a non verified time is as much as saying your a lier . so just take me off all the list.

ken

Silver_2000
03-23-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by ken cryder
i guess just take me off the list because i have no way of posting my times since i don't have a camera or scanner . and a non verified time is as much as saying your a lier . so just take me off all the list.

ken

Ken

An option would be to just bring the slip to the next event. Someone always seems to have a camera there...

Doug

dboat
03-23-2003, 10:16 PM
and just lie our asses off... :nana2 :nana2

j/k or would that be just lieing... (where is my spell checker when I need it?)

Dana

ken cryder
03-23-2003, 10:20 PM
the only way i was able to get my avatar was a guy took a picture at an event and sent it to me . i don't think i should have to go threw that much trouble to prove i'm telling the truth . and if this board is so distrustful then i just won't post or come to this board again . so can you shut down my ip and not send me any more notices from now on? thank you and i guess good bye.

ken

Silver_2000
03-23-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by ken cryder
so can you shut down my ip and not send me any more notices from now on? thank you and i guess good bye.
ken

Ken

It appears you may be over reacting just a bit. Most of the folks here are some of the most helpful people I have ever met. There are LOTS of ways to solve the problem at hand. You could for example fax a dark copy of the slip to me or someone else to post.

As far as I know I have never sent any notices to the membership. If I have it hasnt been in a LONG time. You may be subscribed to threads and get email when people reply. The best way to get rid of those emails is to uncheck the subscribe box in the thread and perhaps change your profile to not make subscription a default.

This group pretty much makes up rules as they go along. This week they want slips posted. Next week they may want blood samples. Dont get too wound up about it.

Let me know if I can help.

Doug

dboat
03-23-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Ken

It appears you may be over reacting just a bit. Most of the folks here are some of the most helpful people I have ever met. There are LOTS of ways to solve the problem at hand. You could for example fax a dark copy of the slip to me or someone else to post.

As far as I know I have never sent any notices to the membership. If I have it hasnt been in a LONG time. You may be subscribed to threads and get email when people reply. The best way to get rid of those emails is to uncheck the subscribe box in the thread and perhaps change your profile to not make subscription a default.

This group pretty much makes up rules as they go along. This week they want slips posted. Next week they may want blood samples. Dont get too wound up about it.

Let me know if I can help.

Doug

Ken,
let me second what Doug has said.. I take all this stuff with a grain of salt... but I think we would be less of a group without you. So just set this one aside and stick around for awhile longer.
dboat aka Dana

Crawford
03-24-2003, 12:41 PM
I created a new thread for everyone to post up images of their timeslips. :nana2 :nana2 :nana2