PDA

View Full Version : Ennis...Friday March 14

03LightningRocks
03-08-2003, 11:26 AM
I'll be there....I am hoping to get my Monster Box and Torque converter put in this week. If they don't get finished with it I'll come out and race my F150 Lariat. I shouldn't have any traction problems with it...LOL.

Rocks:nana2

Got_UR_#
03-09-2003, 02:46 PM
i'm hoping to get out there. want to try the new chip and pulley. went on the 7th and ran a best of 13.445@103.92 w/ only drag radials on. hoping to break 12s. i know i can drive better than what i did, anybody got any tips on how to heat the drag radials?:burnout:

03LightningRocks
03-09-2003, 02:58 PM
got ur #,

Wayne has a vid of your run...I do believe. We watched them yesterday.

He is trying to find a way of hosting them, they are real large files...LOL.

By the way....you should check out the thread on getting your name on your profile so we know who you are.

Rocks:beer:

cpeapea
03-10-2003, 12:06 AM
HA RON!!! i told you you would go!! you cant stay away from the track can you? Me and a bunch of my goofie friends and their crews are going with me too. cant wait to see you there

tliss
03-10-2003, 08:03 AM
I may end up going for a last shot at the 12s before the exhaust and pulley. I'll let you know for sure later this week.

Tom

Got_UR_#
03-10-2003, 11:17 AM
Rocks, i'd love to see that vid. i think i got my name on the screen now, not sure. anyways i look forward to seeing all of you and meeting some more members out at the track this weekend.

thanks
JP

ken cryder
03-10-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Got_UR_#
anybody got any tips on how to heat the drag radials?:burnout:

on the drag radial . let the presure down to 18 lbs and heat them up real good . at ennis on drs there is no sure fire garranties .

that's what i had to do for mine .

ken

Got_UR_#
03-10-2003, 01:02 PM
i ran them at 17 psi and i heated them for about 7-8 sec. i didn't go through the waterbox though. for some reason everytime i go through it i get real sidetracked and nervous, so i just avoid it all together now. just lack of experience i guess. thanks for the help. are you going to be out there friday and if you are will you be on drag radials? i'd like to see someone else use them, kinda like a watch and learn type deal.

ken cryder
03-10-2003, 01:25 PM
no i won't be there friday i'm going out there suday running in the tmcc races . i don't run the drag radials any more . i got too much traction at another track and broke the side belts . there is one more thing you can try , the night before the race take a rag with brake fluid on it and rub the tires down this will give you a softer compound , but eventually will lead to premature failier or shorter life expectancy . also try heating them up a little less the drs seemed to be sensitive of to much heat . they get greasy when heated to much. i usually got them spining let off the brake and put the pedal to the floor for a count of three .

ken

wesman
03-11-2003, 12:39 AM
Who all is going? I may have my L back by then, not sure.

I may go anyway, I want to take the 350Z out there again, since it's past the break in now.

How are the lines? Is it any better than at the end of the season last year? 4 runs in 3hrs? I would like to get a few runs in.

--wes

Got_UR_#
03-11-2003, 12:41 AM
i only got 2 in last friday in about 2 1/2 hours, kinda sucked but met a lot of nice people.

cpeapea
03-11-2003, 12:43 AM
yea those damn ricers were cutting in and out of lanes, it was really ****ing me off, new phuckers dont know what they are done

cpeapea
03-11-2003, 12:56 AM
oh yea...is anyone going to need a ride *cough* terry *cough*

03LightningRocks
03-14-2003, 05:15 PM
Hope to see some of you out there tonight. I'm on my way now.

Rocks:nana2