PDA

View Full Version : Look in the Calendar for Events and discuss them in this forum

Silver_2000
03-22-2002, 11:49 AM
Look in the Calendar for Events and discuss them in this forum

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/calendar.php

Calendar is also button on upper right..

If you have things you want posted in the Calendar post the details in this forum and we'll add them. We may be able to work out the permissions to allow a wider group to post Calendar entries..

Doug

OneRedTXBolt
09-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Do I get a prize for noticing that the link in your post doesn't work? :D

James

svtteichman
10-04-2002, 11:51 AM
I noticed that there weren't any events in December. Are we going to do any local races or cruises, so we can all have fun and stay close to home for Christmas?:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

L8 APEX
10-04-2002, 12:54 PM
Most of the holiday season is spent at home or Bonedadddy's

Wht95Lightning
10-10-2002, 06:17 PM
I wasn't able to get to the October GTG at Pappas. I want to get to the next one. The sooner I know where and when though the better. I travel on biz relentlessly and have to plan way in advance for anything fun (not work related). Am I running myself into the ground? Probably but it keeps toys in the garage and clothes on the kid. What else matters?

Anyway, I plan to be at the November meet assuming there is one, just need specs soon.

TxBolt
11-24-2002, 07:41 PM
Does that mean we will have a meet somewhere besides Papa's? I like differant places now that I'm in Dallas. Just pick it and stay with it.:beer:

Red2002
11-24-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 380hp
Does that mean we will have a meet somewhere besides Papa's? Just pick it and stay with it.:beer:

Tim I think it's going to remain at Papa's, but what did you have in mind? I think Papa's was agreed upon mainly because it's somewhat centrally located.

Anyway, we DO have permission to park on the south side of the building underneath the awning (where we parked after the group pic in April). No need to hide the trucks in the back....

TxBolt
11-24-2002, 08:40 PM
Well I like Bonedaddy's and I'm willing to drive to Duncanville. Papa's has no honey's to look at. I think Papa's was decieded cause no one could make up their mind. Why can't we have Papa's one mounth, Bonedaddy's the next and Duncanville the next and set a schedual, and the next mounth open for discussion of some place new. We don't have to make a big deal its all fun. If were stuck on one place I will start missing cause it will get boring. I'm open minded, I use get off at 2pm from work so I could make a meeting 120 miles away, and my boss was not happy. Why can't we all get along?:hammer:

Silver_2000
11-24-2002, 09:06 PM
As long as the schedule is posted 3 month in advance We can meet anywhere you want...

The reason we picked Pappas was cause it is centrally located AND because we were tryingto drive up attendance by NOT changing the venue 4 hours before the meeting....

So who is gonna make a schedule and post it in the calendar ?

Red2002
11-24-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by 380hp
Well I like Bonedaddy's and I'm willing to drive to Duncanville. Papa's has no honey's to look at. I think Papa's was decieded cause no one could make up their mind. Why can't we have Papa's one mounth, Bonedaddy's the next and Duncanville the next and set a schedual, and the next mounth open for discussion of some place new. We don't have to make a big deal its all fun.

Someone wanna take this one.....?

I see 17,000 women three times a week at UNT. The 'women' factor is very low on the priority list for me in terms of GTG's. I'm there for the trucks, not the chicks. Probably just me though....:)

I go to hang out with guys that are knowledgable about our trucks, which is very difficult to find elsewhere. I go to see Wayne do burnouts and the many mods he adds in a month, to see how much alcohol Scott has consumed, to see Terry fix people's stuff in a parking lot, to see Doug take hundreds of pics, to see Mark's (HIHOAG) hair stand on end, to see Brian smile at trucks burning out on the street that, in any other situation, he would pound the drivers, etc. You get the idea. I'll take the trucks over the chicks. Bricks over chicks? :D All of these reasons are priceless.
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/1855-2588-37944.gif <--the smilie really shouldn't be angry, as this post is more of light-hearted one.

I *think* the reason it was moved was to avoid the bickering and the uncertainty month-to-month.

TxBolt
11-24-2002, 09:36 PM
So anyone want to be a schedule engineer? We need a taker! One person designed to due it and it couldn't be changed at the last minuite. I met a Silver Lightning owner at UT at Dallas Friday working on getting him to attend. Nice dude with a Cobra show car. He's been viewing the site. Were popular!:tu: I see honey's all day at the university but I like change sometimes. I go for the same reasons. The dudes at Talon are Cool!!!:cool:

Red2002
11-24-2002, 09:50 PM
Cool Tim!

Ever had a bad experience approaching other Lightning owners? I had two in one night! In Arlington, there is a place where dudes 'hang out'.

Anyway, these guys were total jackasses. I asked if they were aware of TALON, the local gathering of Lightning enthusiasts. They both looked at me like I was nuts and they couldn't understand why people would 'meet'. I wasn't in my Lightning at the time, but what better test of character to approach a possible contributing member when in a pseudo-vehicle Volvo S40. :D

Anyway, I walked away from the arrogant kids gladly knowing they will never find this group or site. Pr*cks.

L8 APEX
11-24-2002, 10:22 PM
I like Papa's for location, parking, fast service, and cheap beer:beer: I think it is working well for the local guys arranging GTG's at their favorite local spots Bonedaddy's, Hooters etc... I ate lunch with a club member at Hooters in Plano today, I think Sixer, Crawford, Mark2 are meeting at Bonedaddy's this week K.I.S.S.:tu:

Crawford
11-25-2002, 03:27 AM
I think Pappas blows. They should be ashamed to call that stuff they serve BBQ or food for that matter. The beer specials are good but the place is just plain boring. Bonedaddys is the ideal place in my opinion with the exception of location for some of the guys that are farther away. For what it's worth I think we should move the meetings back to where they were ment to be... Bonedaddys.

OneRedTXBolt
11-25-2002, 04:47 AM
Crawford,

What are you doing up at 2:44am? Don't you have to go to work Monday morning?! :d

Silver_2000
11-25-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Crawford
I think Pappas blows. They should be ashamed to call that stuff they serve BBQ or food for that matter. The beer specials are good but the place is just plain boring. Bonedaddys is the ideal place in my opinion with the exception of location for some of the guys that are farther away. For what it's worth I think we should move the meetings back to where they were ment to be... Bonedaddys.

Sam

Thats the second time you have held back your feeelings about Pappas. You need to let us know how you feel... LOL

Too be honest the food aint great at either location. YOu just dont notice at Bonedaddys.

Doug

Crawford
11-25-2002, 11:12 AM
James: Well I couldnt sleep so I thought I would do a little surfin.
Doug: You have a couple of valid points there. :D

andy_cain
11-25-2002, 11:53 AM
Wherever we decide, needs to be permenent.
Constant changes will only lessen participation.

Most of us will drive wherever it happens to be just to hang out with our fellow L owners. The eye candy truthfully is just an added bonus as unless I haven't read the right post...no one has ever met their "soul mate" at one of these meeting while gazing through the "eye candy jar".

For what it is worth, the food selection and quality of both is about even in my book, and do any off us really restrain ourself from the purchase of beer at $3. a bottle vs. $1. a bottle....no!

If we are selecting a place to meet because its a few bucks cheaper...we are driving the wrong damn vehicles...matter of fact, does anyone even know what they paid at one place verses the other without looking in the check book for the debit receipt?

Point is...it doesn't matter...pick one place and leave it !!!
I can burn out in any parking lot, and $1.00 beer doesn't taste any better than a $3.00 beer that has the same label. If folks are concerned over cost, likely they wont be there anyway as it cost more is gas in theses BEASTS to get to and fro than it does for dinner.

[off] {soap box} -{end/female/like_sermon}

Tony2000
11-25-2002, 02:54 PM
Very well said:bows
That's what I'm tolking about:nana2

Sixpipes
11-25-2002, 06:11 PM
Looks like a compromise might be in order. Months containing "Rs" we meet at Bonedaddy's. (It is only a coincidence that this also coincides with oyster eating season.) Months not containing "Rs", somewhere else. :cool:

Red2002
11-25-2002, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
Looks like a compromise might be in order. Months containing "Rs" we meet at Bonedaddy's. (It is only a coincidence that this also coincides with oyster eating season.)

If we meet at Bonedaddy's, would we be eating oysters, or clams? LOL I'll bet you'll be hard pressed to find the elusive bearded clams in the summer. They seem to flourish more in the winter months. :)

Silver_2000
11-25-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Red2002
If we meet at Bonedaddy's, would we be eating oysters, or clams? LOL I'll bet you'll be hard pressed to find the elusive bearded clams in the summer. They seem to flourish more in the winter months. :) congrats red2002 - first time Ive seen a user description get hit by the ** filter..

Doug

tliss
11-25-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
Looks like a compromise might be in order. Months containing "Rs" we meet at Bonedaddy's. (It is only a coincidence that this also coincides with oyster eating season.) Months not containing "Rs", somewhere else. :cool:

The months without "R"s are the summer months, and that's when we can get scantily clad women outside to take pictures! I say we go to BoneDaddy's in all months that have at least 4 letters in the name.

Tom

Red2002
11-25-2002, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
congrats red2002 - first time Ive seen a user description get hit by the ** filter..

Doug

LMAO! I was playing around with it and typed in "moderator" for grins. Guess it don't like that. haha

Almost looks like I did that (****) on purpose.....:)

Silver_2000
11-25-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Red2002
LMAO! I was playing around with it and typed in "moderator" for grins. Guess it don't like that. haha

Almost looks like I did that (****) on purpose.....:)

It watches out for me... LOL

Doug

andy_cain
11-25-2002, 11:12 PM
Think you could add some new script to the moderating on the F-150 forum...like maybe one that deletes BS like "who farted in their L, Who drives...,cars/dogs..kids drive...wife drive...Lord I am coming home."

Gotta give you a hats off though for leaving the rod through oil pan open long enough to see the real deal...thanks:beer:

Red2002
11-25-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by andy_cain
Gotta give you a hats off though for leaving the rod through oil pan open long enough to see the real deal...thanks:beer:

It was beginning to get ugly.

BTW, I'm the tree hugging Red02SVTL over there. :rolleyes: LMAO Those kids crack me up.

Silver_2000
11-26-2002, 12:02 AM
Is it my imagination or is the average age of Lightning owners like 14 ....

The really sad part is people like me, sixpipes, Ivanhoe and others really screw up the average and its STILL like 14...

Doug

andy_cain
11-26-2002, 12:06 AM
Nope, it isn't just you...topics are crazy.
It has to be a full time job just monitoring the stupidity:bs :bs :bs

MadMax
12-03-2002, 02:32 AM
yeah....this site is all I need....just a shot of local lightning press....mainlined every now and then.... :cool:

i dunno....i have a weakness for pink....

:beer:

Red2002
12-03-2002, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by MadMax
yeah....this site is all I need....just a shot of local lightning press....mainlined every now and then.... :cool:

i dunno....i have a weakness for pink....

:beer:

Where are you getting these avatars and is it a pay site? :D

Pink, eh? ;)

MadMax
12-03-2002, 02:58 AM
nada...i don't pay for pics...

Red2002
12-03-2002, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by MadMax
nada...i don't pay for pics...

Nice, me too! Just making sure no one is paying out there when there is a wealth of information in the TALON underworld. :D :D

Silver_2000
01-18-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by OneRedTXBolt
Do I get a prize for noticing that the link in your post doesn't work? :D

James

James - You have fallen off the face of the earth BUT - I just noticed this post and corrected the domain name in the link ....

Doug

OneRedTXBolt
05-25-2003, 06:12 PM
Doug - 4 months? Ack! What, are you busy or something?!?! :roll