PDA

View Full Version : what can i do

BRENTSLIGHTNING
02-27-2003, 10:42 PM
what can i do w/o voiding my warranty or what what you do. i have full intake system.
Thanks Brent

L8 APEX
02-27-2003, 10:52 PM
Problem is Ford isn't following their own policy about proving that a certain mod caused a certain failure. You bring it in for blown plug which is common and they void it due to non related stuff. There are no guarantees once you leave stock. We have even converted trucks back to 100% stock and had voids. As for what adds power without damaging stress. Efficiency mods like intake, TB, electric fan, and other small stuff. The chip and pulleys add a lot of power but also lean A/F and increase loads and stress on parts.:tu:

BRENTSLIGHTNING
02-27-2003, 11:10 PM
THANKS
I HAVE ALL READY BLOWED THE TOP END OUT OF THE MOTOR THEY SAID IT WAS BECUSE OF THE 99 AND 00 HAVE 2 SMALL OF INTERCOOL SO THEY PUT THE 2002 INTERCOOL. HAVE YOU HERD ABOUT THAT.

L8 APEX
02-27-2003, 11:32 PM
There was an brand wide intercooler recall on 99-00 models. The earlier ones were not reinforced. The revised version has bracing to keep pressure flex from breaking and leaking fluid

BRENTSLIGHTNING
02-27-2003, 11:42 PM
THANKS

microsuck
02-28-2003, 03:03 PM
about modding your truck.....
I have alot of stuff done to my truck, but I made a very careful effort to make sure that none of it is permanent. I am still in warranty too and I really dont want to have to pay for stuff myself. keep all of your stock parts and before you put something new on your truck, ask yourself how hard it would be to switch it back. Dont go in for warranty work unless you look 100% stock, dont risk it. Just take it all back off before you go in. It has worked for me twice totaling about 4,000 worth of warranty work. Good luck:tu:
Andrew