PDA

View Full Version : Race season is coming we need a DYNO DAY!

Crawford
02-26-2003, 02:25 AM
I just want to gauge interest in a TALON dyno day at Speedworks in Lewisville next month. A few of us have made some changes in the off season and I think a dyno day would be benificial. The standard pricing for 3 runs w/ AFR is $60. If the old deal still holds up I think we need 10-12 vehicles to get a $40 - 3 runs w/ AFR. If we can get enough trucks I will take care of the scheduling etc. Let me know what ya think and we can hammer out a date. I am thinking Saturday March 22nd.

tliss
02-26-2003, 08:15 AM
If I can get the guy with the 4# pulley to call me back so I can take it off of his hands I'll be up for it. Hopefully soon! If not, there is really no reason for me to go.

Tom

dboat
02-26-2003, 09:19 AM
IN with my stocker.. just curious about what it has

Dana

Sixpipes
02-26-2003, 09:57 AM
Good ideer. :cool:

wesman
02-26-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Crawford
I just want to gauge interest in a TALON dyno day at Speedworks in Lewisville next month. A few of us have made some changes in the off season and I think a dyno day would be benificial. The standard pricing for 3 runs w/ AFR is $60. If the old deal still holds up I think we need 10-12 vehicles to get a $40 - 3 runs w/ AFR. If we can get enough trucks I will take care of the scheduling etc. Let me know what ya think and we can hammer out a date. I am thinking Saturday March 22nd.

It still holds true, I was out there on Saturday. We were dynoing the 350's and other Z cars. Keep in mind other cars are allowed on as well, as long as the owners are part of the "club". We had one guy dyno his Mercedes AMG, someone dynoed a Pontiac Sunbird Turbo(yeah, I laughed too, didn't know they made one :) )

Also Damon dynoed his L right before we headed to lunch, Damons #'s were pretty nice for a lightly modded L, just intake and exhaust , I think he got 35x/42x ...not bad for no chip/pulley etc.

The '03 Cobras are going out this weekend, I saw a flyer on the window. If my L is up I'm in, and I may bring the 350Z as well, I should have my exhaust on by then and perhaps a little go juice...not sure yet :throw:

--wes

J.D. Blackwell
02-28-2003, 07:05 PM
I will most likely be in. Going back up to get my truck at Stan's the weekend of the 15th.

microsuck
03-03-2003, 12:44 PM
count me in for sure.
Andrew

Mark #2
03-03-2003, 06:16 PM
No new mods for me, but I'll come watch.:tu:

Crawford
03-03-2003, 07:52 PM
Keep the responses rolling. It would be nice to get 10 people so we can get the discount this time. I have organized two of these before and both times we had enough people say yes on the forum only to have less when we got there and everyone had to pay $60. Lets make it happen this time!!! :tu:

tliss
03-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Once I get my income tax return I'll be visiting Terry for a little exhaust work ant I'm still working on the guy to sell me his 4# pulley. Once I make those changes I'll be up for a dyno day, but I don't know if it'll be ready when you guys go. I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know for sure. Count me as a maybe.

Tom

03LightningRocks
03-04-2003, 12:54 AM
I am game with one request. I am wanting to do my Lightning first...Let me splain why.

I would like to do three pulls with the Plasma Booster connected.
Then I want to let everyone else get their dyno pulls done while my truck cools.

I will then disconnect the plasma booster and do three more pulls.

It may be interesting to see what the latest miracle gainer does.

Rocks:beer:

Crawford
03-04-2003, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
I am game with one request. I am wanting to do my Lightning first...Let me splain why.

I would like to do three pulls with the Plasma Booster connected.
Then I want to let everyone else get their dyno pulls done while my truck cools.

I will then disconnect the plasma booster and do three more pulls.

It may be interesting to see what the latest miracle gainer does.

I dont see why that would be a problem as long as you are there when they open. I cant remember if its 9am or 10am. I will find out and finalize everything next week.

03LightningRocks
03-04-2003, 09:34 AM
I dont see why that would be a problem as long as you are there when they open. I cant remember if its 9am or 10am. I will find out and finalize everything next week.

I can do that. Just post when you find out.

Rocks

tliss
03-04-2003, 10:02 AM
Hey, since Rocks is going to do two sets of pulls, wouldn't he be considered 2 trucks at Speedworks? See if that counts and we have one less truck to find.

Tom

03LightningRocks
03-04-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by tliss
Hey, since Rocks is going to do two sets of pulls, wouldn't he be considered 2 trucks at Speedworks? See if that counts and we have one less truck to find.

Tom

Sounds right to me...:tu:

cpeapea
03-04-2003, 11:27 AM
how much?:D

wesman
03-04-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by tliss

Tom

It does...we had a few guys doing that with the 350's.

Like I said I will likely be in for two, definitely one if I can dyno the 350Z.

BTW-They open @ 9

--wes

devildog92
03-07-2003, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
Good ideer. :cool:

I'm in..let me know a definitive date :tu:

wesman
03-07-2003, 01:30 AM
Which day did you have in mind ?

My L will be there this week, so it should be good to go by dyno day provided it's not this week :)

--wes

Crawford
03-07-2003, 01:51 AM
Wayne mentioned that the new owner of The Horsepower Store is offering to beat any offer Speedworks has on a group dyno run. Just want to see what you guys thought of this.

I dont think the dyno is a dynojet dyno per Wayne's description. Its the kind where the truck is raised up on a lift like Dallas Mustang Parts (hate DMP BTW for many reasons). So I am not sure what kind it is.

Personally... I have always done my dynoing at Speedworks and personally I see value added when I am benchmarking my truck in current form to my other dyno runs at the same shop on the same dyno.

If those that have come forward want to run on the dyno at The Horsepower Store please speak up and take this thread in that direction.

Personally I am still going to try to meet my target date at Speedworks.

Let me know what you think.

03LightningRocks
03-07-2003, 03:42 PM

Personally... I have always done my dynoing at Speedworks and personally I see value added when I am benchmarking my truck in current form to my other dyno runs at the same shop on the same dyno.

Personally I am still going to try to meet my target date at Speedworks.

Let me know what you think.

Actually...your correct. Darned near every dyno out there will give variations. The only way to combat this is to go to the same dyno to get a comparitive result.

To take it one step further, Mike Troyer had ask me to get a dyno done at the same place I had gotten my stock dyno done so he could compare the two. I had forgotten that this was the point of me getting a dyno done here even after the truck spent a whole week on a dyno in Florida.

I vote we stick with speed works since they seem to already have files on most of us.

By the By.....dyno jet also makes a lift dyno like the one at H.P. store.

keep me on the schedule for Speed Works.

Rocks:bows

J.D. Blackwell
03-07-2003, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
I will most likely be in. Going back up to get my truck at Stan's the weekend of the 15th.

(Taking a deep breathe) Nevermind. My truck won't be there til the 18th now......Oh well.

tliss
03-08-2003, 05:17 PM
Coil pack bolt is out...I may have my 4# pulley this week and I'm heading out to get the exhaust put on soon (Uncle Sam finally paid up!). Post a definite date and I'll be there!

Tom

Crawford
03-09-2003, 12:14 PM
I will call Monday and see if I can get us a firm price and I will make sure we are good for the 22nd.

03LightningRocks
03-09-2003, 02:33 PM
I will call Monday and see if I can get us a firm price and I will make sure we are good for the 22nd.

Hey Crawford,

I don't mean to be a pain in the azz, but if it is any later than the 22, I will have to pass.

I have to get those A/F numbers to Mike T. so he can verify that the new 03 Super Chips programs are safe. He actually wanted me to get them to him before that, but since the truck has been showing no signs of problems, I decided to wait and do the dyno with you guys.

Rocks :beer:

tliss
03-13-2003, 10:37 PM
Where do we stand on this? Just curious.

Tom

wesman
03-13-2003, 10:44 PM
If Crawford doesn't answer sometime tomorrow, I'll check with Dan and see what's up. I have to talk with them tomorrow anyway about my L, hopefully I'll get to pick it up :D

--wes

StormShadow
03-13-2003, 11:44 PM
I'm also interested in this if its on a Sat

Crawford
03-14-2003, 12:41 AM
Sorry for the slacking guys. I have not called them yet. I have been super busy this week and I had to go to a funeral out of town today. I will call them tomorrow and see whats up. I will let you guys know asap. Sorry.

dboat
03-14-2003, 07:40 AM
sounds like you have had your hands full...

Crawford
03-14-2003, 03:04 PM
I have called twice today so far and got the answering machine both times. I will try once more before I head home. Maybe someone will answer the damn phone? :flaming: