PDA

View Full Version : Track time Anyone

03LightningRocks
02-15-2003, 10:59 PM
I sure would like to get some track time in...anyone up for a trip to the track....any 1/4 mile track would work. If anyone wants to do something let me know.

Rocks:beer:

microsuck
02-16-2003, 08:16 PM
I will definately back you up. I have some new junk to test and tune.
Andrew

03LightningRocks
02-16-2003, 08:54 PM
Hell, I was beginning to think I had B.O. or something. Sounds great. I'll check a couple track web sights and see when they will allow some test and tune runs.

Anyone else ?????

Rocks:beer:

microsuck
02-16-2003, 09:17 PM
It will have to be in at least 2 weeks. I am supposed to have my body work done by next weekend but I bet it will take them until monday. Hit me with a date and I will check my calender. It has to be a 1/4. I am sick of this 1/8 junk, I need more room to run.
Andrew:nana2

03LightningRocks
02-18-2003, 07:50 PM
I did some checking on track schedules. So far it looks like Hallsville is it for a quarter mile track and I am with you on the 1/8 mile track.

The Hallsville websight says that they are open every Sat in Feb. for T&T runs. They open at 11. I am going to go this Saturday. Anyone else want to go?

I'll be up for another trip the Saturday after that also if I don't drive to Orlando.

Rocks:nana2

microsuck
02-18-2003, 08:51 PM
I cant go for 2 weeks. I get my truck back next week, and then I need a week to tune some mods. I am looking at the first week of march.
Andrew

03LightningRocks
02-18-2003, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by microsuck
I cant go for 2 weeks. I get my truck back next week, and then I need a week to tune some mods. I am looking at the first week of march.
Andrew

That will work.....I am always up for the track:burnout:

I have about decided that I am going to FFW March 1...I was just down there for 2 weeks the beginning of Febuary...I miss it already...LOL.

Just post when your ready to hit the 1/4 and I am free to run.:nana2

Rocks

tliss
02-18-2003, 10:21 PM
I'll probably be up for a little T&T coming up soon as well. I'm getting my 4# pulley added soon, as well as exhaust. I'll have to get it dynoed first to ensure A/F is OK. RIght now I'm running a bit rich, so the 4# should put me in the correct range on my chip. After that I'll be up for a haul!

Tom

03LightningRocks
02-18-2003, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by tliss
I'll probably be up for a little T&T coming up soon as well. I'm getting my 4# pulley added soon, as well as exhaust. I'll have to get it dynoed first to ensure A/F is OK. RIght now I'm running a bit rich, so the 4# should put me in the correct range on my chip. After that I'll be up for a haul!

Tom

Excellent....I was beginning to worry about you guys.:eek2:
I thought maybe the RC car thing had changed everyones true passion...LOL.

blueoval01
02-19-2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Excellent....I was beginning to worry about you guys.:eek2:
I thought maybe the RC car thing had changed everyones true passion...LOL....Rocks:nana2
Naw, some of us have two "True Passions" ....... :D
But, then again, THAT'S another story ............... LOL

Now that the weather is getting better, I suspect the R/C talk will subside ...........
Except from me ...... "I love the smell of Nitro in the morning" :banana:

cpeapea
02-19-2003, 02:19 AM
andrew you should really get your ride dynoed and check the a/f so you know where you are when your running the nitrous

tliss
02-19-2003, 07:55 AM
Once I'm ready to hit the dyno I'll post up here for anyone that wants to join me. Might be this week, might be next. All depending on the schedule. I'll keep you guys posted.

Tom

microsuck
02-19-2003, 10:55 AM
Still looking at 2 weeks for anything. I will hit the dyno first though.
andrew

cpeapea
02-19-2003, 02:00 PM
the svtclub is having a dyno day the next 15th i think, ill keep my eyes open

devildog92
02-19-2003, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by blueoval01
Naw, some of us have two "True Passions" ....... :D
But, then again, THAT'S another story ............... LOL

Now that the weather is getting better, I suspect the R/C talk will subside ...........
Except from me ...... "I love the smell of Nitro in the morning" :banana:

I'm up for it, if I can 'unlock the grip of my passion' first

03LightningRocks
02-19-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by devildog92

Do you mean up for the track this Saturday or the Dyno on the 15th. Or the RC car thing....LOL.

If you mean the track this Saturday...great. So far there are two of us...LOL. Wayne may go if he can get loose.

Rocks

blueoval01
02-19-2003, 08:45 PM
Seems like I remember a lady like that, way back when ........ :D

Jeez, had my L for over a year and half , never Dyno'd her. I'd like to get in on the 15th event next month if I can. :)

tliss
02-19-2003, 10:03 PM
I'm going to try to go on March 1. I'll probably still be putting the wax on the truck this weekend, so next weekend will be the earliest I can get out to dyno. I like a relatively small dyno day rather than those big shindigs. One time I went with 5 or 6 guys and it took most of the afternoon to get through the trucks. I could only imagine how long it'll take with a bunch! Mark, if you're up for a smaller group I'll post up when I'm going. Make plans for Mar 1, as long as Speedworks is running that weekend.

Tom

blueoval01
02-19-2003, 10:12 PM
............... Mark, if you're up for a smaller group I'll post up when I'm going. Make plans for Mar 1, as long as Speedworks is running that weekend. Tom
Sounds good to me .......

03LightningRocks
02-20-2003, 03:39 PM
Just in case someone decides they want to go out to the track at the last minute, it looks like we are going to Ennis on Friday night. The track is open from 6 to 12.

Our long lost Nitrous user(Wayne) will be there working on his traction.

tliss
02-20-2003, 04:03 PM
You might want to reconsider tomorrow. Heavy rain expected tomorrow night in Ennis.

Tom

03LightningRocks
02-21-2003, 12:00 PM
You might want to reconsider tomorrow. Heavy rain expected tomorrow night in Ennis.

Tom

LOL.....ya think????

We could always consider boat racing out at Ennis. Right now we are holding out hopes for Hallsville. The weather web sight calls for clear tommorrow.

Rocks:crying:

tliss
02-21-2003, 01:36 PM
I still have 2 coats of polish and five or so coats of wax before I can even take my truck out for a spin :crying: . I want to get it clean 'n purty, so no racing for me for a while!

Tom

03LightningRocks
02-21-2003, 04:56 PM
I still have 2 coats of polish and five or so coats of wax before I can even take my truck out for a spin :crying: . I want to get it clean 'n purty, so no racing for me for a while!

Tom

How many H.P. is that polish worth....:d

03LightningRocks
02-21-2003, 07:25 PM
Hallsville is open tommorrow at 11 for T&T...15 bucks for T&T and tech card.

tliss
02-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
How many H.P. is that polish worth....:d

If it was a Honda, at least 50 :d ! I shouldn't joke...we've got that Civic out front!

On the Lightning, nothing but it sure looks purty! After almost 2 years, it was time for a real good cleaning. Plus, now it's more slick and less wind resistant :rolleyes:

Tom

03LightningRocks
02-22-2003, 08:13 PM
Has anyone else here ever driven 2 and one half hours to a track...spent another hour waiting and getting their truck ready to only be told...."sorry guys, we can't get the track dry".

Shiot, I really didn't need the pit crew practice. That is one darned lesson I won't forget.

Rocks:hammer:

devildog92
02-23-2003, 01:09 PM
I'm going to try to go on March 1. I'll probably still be putting the wax on the truck this weekend, so next weekend will be the earliest I can get out to dyno. I like a relatively small dyno day rather than those big shindigs. One time I went with 5 or 6 guys and it took most of the afternoon to get through the trucks. I could only imagine how long it'll take with a bunch! Mark, if you're up for a smaller group I'll post up when I'm going. Make plans for Mar 1, as long as Speedworks is running that weekend.

Tom

Ok, thought you should know...

Speedworks has MINIMUM 15 mustangs going that day. I went to DFWstangs website and they have the shop booked on the dyno for 3/1. Maybe we need an alternative plan?

tliss
02-23-2003, 04:50 PM
Ok, thought you should know...

Speedworks has MINIMUM 15 mustangs going that day. I went to DFWstangs website and they have the shop booked on the dyno for 3/1. Maybe we need an alternative plan?

Those farkin bastids! Oh well, maybe March 8? I still have yet to check my plugs and I'm still waiting for the dude with the 4# to call me. Hopefully this week I can get the 4# on and make sure the plugs are tight.

I finished polishing up the truck today. Looks sharp as hell, except for the damn rock chips along the front bumper and hood. I figure it'll turn a few head as I drive down the street, though!

Tom