PDA

View Full Version : Paging Justin

Flats Man
05-02-2002, 09:35 PM
Hey Justin, does this look familiar? They are still being worked but they should put some bark in the little 4.6L!
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/240-255-16094.jpg

Thanks again for the heads and good luck on your project!

J.D. Blackwell
05-06-2002, 01:24 PM
:tu: Looks good Fred. I am glad to see that you are coming along with your project. I have ran into some more problems with mine.....:( I think I may be going to plan "B" by this weekend.

blueoval01
05-06-2002, 04:35 PM
What's plan "B" justin?
:tongue:

J.D. Blackwell
05-06-2002, 04:50 PM
LOL, it was oringinally plan "A", but changed it to plan "B". I will know hopefully by this weekend. I won't tell anyone about this.

Flats Man
05-06-2002, 08:44 PM
Hey Justin, I know about plan B. That is the plan I am on right now after plan A didn't work out!

J.D. Blackwell
05-06-2002, 10:23 PM
LOL, I even have a plan "C"......GIVE UP!
I have thought about a 4.6L 4-valve stroked to a 5.4 with a turbo or two. :rolleyes: I don't think I could make enough torque with that setup though.
I could on the other hand bolt on a M112, run about 15 or so psi. of boost and add a 2 Stage 200 shot of nitrous. Maybe even a 225 shot 3 Stage. ;) :cool:

Crawford
05-06-2002, 11:22 PM
Justin,
What about that Kenny Bell blower... I have been hearing lots of good things about it. I have not read that MMFF article on it yet though...

J.D. Blackwell
05-09-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by Crawford
Justin,
What about that Kenny Bell blower... I have been hearing lots of good things about it. I have not read that MMFF article on it yet though...

John (JL) just e-mailed me back about it. 6-8 weeks......

Flats Man
05-09-2002, 06:54 PM
Yo Justin, What are you having done to your heads? I just got all eight spark plug holes heli coiled and there was no problem with those three cylinders with the burned spark plug holes. It would have been cheaper to just do a valve job and reinstall the heads but noooo..... I am putting oversize stainless valves with new High Performance springs. The chambers are being completely reworked as well as the intake and exhaust runners. Then everything is being port matched to the blower and headers. I may do a little blower work while it is out of the truck. Anything I am leaving out?

J.D. Blackwell
05-10-2002, 03:10 PM
I also got the bottom of my heads shaved .003 to make sure a good seal against the gasket. There are a lot of people complaining that their right side head is seeping oil out of it.
This should take care of that.
My intake is port matched to the heads and it is also polished. The stock casting is really rough, but your intake is different. There may be some hidden hp in there for you also.
Are you using the cams you got with the heads?

As far as the blower work, what are you doing? Keeping the same supercharger?

Flats Man
05-10-2002, 04:50 PM
Hey Justin, I am keeping the same blower but I will have it ported where I can by the same guy doing the heads. Are you using new rockers and lifters? I was checking the rollers on your rockers and found little spots where they would hang up. I checked three and found three hanging up so I just bought new rockers and lifters for the heads. It was a no brainer really. The little hump that is inside the chamber right next to the spark plug hole is being milled out. We are not sure why Ford put it there but a 4.6L Mustang with long tube headers and heads ported not as much as mine running 8 lbs of boost put 405 at the rear wheels. I told him to take the hump out of my heads too! I am using the stock Lightning cams that were in your truck.

J.D. Blackwell
05-10-2002, 07:26 PM
Sounds like you have all of your info together.....just a matter of time. I am picking my heads up tomorrow (Sat.) in Longview and will get some pics of them ASAP.:D

Ivanhoe_Farms
05-11-2002, 08:12 AM
While you are at it, I still vote for the Forged engine with the engine you currently have in the truck as a backup ---- come on FlatsMan go for the GOLD or something:burnout: :burnout:

Flats Man
05-11-2002, 08:23 AM
I am working on it right now. I am computing out my life expectancy with the Forged Short block, versus my life expectancy without the short block! No one lives for ever.......Has anyone ever seen a boy soprano with a really fast truck?