PDA

View Full Version : My First 12 Second Run

03LightningRocks
02-14-2003, 10:13 PM
I got my first 12 second pass. I have a 6lb lower, throttle body, air filter, plasma booster, denso IT 22's, Super Chip, Metco 4 link traction bars, FT valve body, Kooks Long tubes, dual magnaflows, X-pipe, electric fan, cobra water pump. I had a nice set of Hoosiers that layed against the wall and watched. I don't know how much that shaved off. We found out that weld had sent the wrong damned lug nuts after we got to the track.

I am in the left lane
http://talon.svtlightnings.com/4images/data/media/35/4.jpg

Rocks:nana2

L8 APEX
02-14-2003, 11:05 PM
I would like to see the dyno runs the truck is not performing to the level of ALL those mods. That is not a bad 60' either for street rubber. Maybe the motor needs more time to break in. You should be deep 12's. Most of my customers run 12.7's or better on chip and 4# pulley, TB. No fan, trac bars, or headers..

03LightningRocks
02-14-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
I would like to see the dyno runs the truck is not performing to the level of ALL those mods. That is not a bad 60' either for street rubber. Maybe the motor needs more time to break in. You should be deep 12's. Most of my customers run 12.7's or better on chip and 4# pulley, TB. No fan, trac bars, or headers..

The break in is a big factor. At 2000 miles...it needs time to loosen up. The headers...LMAO...good for about 6 H.P....tops. I saw it dynoed...before and after. I also talked to some fellows that are in the know and same story on headers in ALL cases. It is helpfull for my future plans....need more flow for the next serious round of mods.:twitch:

Rocks:nana2

L8 APEX
02-14-2003, 11:32 PM
I talked to a guy this week and he told me you gain 40-50ft lbs tq with headers in the midrange? What about the plasma doohickey, never hear MSD or Jacobs call any of thier multi spark systems plasma.. Get it back to Texas ans we'll get it haulin':tu: I bet she is some kind of nasty loud now! If you are down by Flat's man stop by as an ambassador of TALON:D

03LightningRocks
02-14-2003, 11:48 PM
40-50ft lbs huh...was he trying to sell them or was he trying to convince himself he didn't throw away 800 bucks on 8 ponies...LOL.

I believe the torque gain was around 11ft lbs. I dunno, I saw it with my own eyes....kind of disapointing but the sound is nice and the fact is, I'll need that extra flow for the next round....

One other issue affects my times...driver error. I had never been on a track before this trip and I was just getting a feel for it when I had to come home. A better driver could squeeze a couple tenth's out of it real easy.

I actually ran a 16.5 at 101 trap on my very first run...slid all the way to the 1000 ft mark...LOL.
I learned what they mean by "roll into it".

I just saw your other question...the plasma booster is new...they put that thing on when the E fans and water pump went in...

Rocks:beer::burnout: :burnout:

Silver_2000
02-15-2003, 03:27 AM
With 1.9 60 foots and 109 mph your truck clearly has more in it as it sits..

Slicks should get you into the low 1.8 high 1.7's for 60 foots, that and more experience both for you and the truck will easily knock off another 2-3.5 tenths.... That is REALLY close to the MPH I ran when I ran sub 12.4.... TRACTION TRACTION TRACTION...

Doug

Sixpipes
02-15-2003, 11:05 AM
Orlando is not known for its clean air. Usually pretty muggy which means less horsepower. I will be running there in two weeks at the FFW Orlando season opener. Anything in the 12s is good when you consider the 4,500+ pounds we're pushing down the track. :cool:

03LightningRocks
02-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Doug,

I like hearing that....practice..practice...practice. I bought 2 beautiful Weld 16X9 ultra lights and Hoosier 28/10 slicks. Weld sent us the wrong damned lug nuts with them. Can you or anyone tell me if I can get some lug nuts locally without the wait for shipping?

Sixpipes,

I believe the track I ran at is where you will run if your going for the FFW. I am seriously contemplating driving back down for that event.

Rocks

P.S. Doug, would you put my times on the list or do you want me to post over on that thread?

Here is my mod list......2ACEFIKL6STW

Silver_2000
02-15-2003, 01:49 PM
Crawford manages the list - Post in that forum - he'll take care of it

I have some acorn lugnuts from when I used to use Sixpipes Rims last year .. You are welcome to try them. If you want them we can work out a deal

Doug

Originally posted by 03LightningRocks
Doug,

I like hearing that....practice..practice...practice. I bought 2 beautiful Weld 16X9 ultra lights and Hoosier 28/10 slicks. Weld sent us the wrong damned lug nuts with them. Can you or anyone tell me if I can get some lug nuts locally without the wait for shipping?

Sixpipes,

I believe the track I ran at is where you will run if your going for the FFW. I am seriously contemplating driving back down for that event.

Rocks

P.S. Doug, would you put my times on the list or do you want me to post over on that thread?

Here is my mod list......2ACEFIKL6STW

03LightningRocks
02-15-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!

I have some acorn lugnuts from when I used to use Sixpipes Rims last year .. You are welcome to try them. If you want them we can work out a deal

Doug

I am going to call Weld on Monday and attempt to make them feel bad about the screw up. If they don't cooperate and the lug nuts you have will fit I'll take them.

Thanks Doug and I'll let you know,

Rocks

StormShadow
02-16-2003, 06:53 PM
kool Ron you now have the fastest '03

True Blue Aggie
05-15-2006, 11:18 PM
Blast from the past here.....Good job Ron. :tu:

03LightningRocks
05-16-2006, 12:37 AM
LOL....I can still remember those days of innocence. Notice how Terry acted like an ass to me back then too. Some things never change:rll: .

dboat
05-16-2006, 06:02 PM
Rocks,

still got those plasma boosters?:rll:

Dana

02BOLT
05-16-2006, 09:22 PM
Dayuuum, I remember reading this post back in '03. I had to go over to Jeffro's apartment(when he lived in A-town) to check out TALON back then, on a count of I didn't have a computer at the time. Seems like a long time ago.:cool:

Tex Arcana
05-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Talk about a thread resurrection...

blazen5.4
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
I got my first 12 second pass. I have a 6lb lower, throttle body, air filter, plasma booster, denso IT 22's, Super Chip, Metco 4 link traction bars, FT valve body, Kooks Long tubes, dual magnaflows, X-pipe, electric fan, cobra water pump. I had a nice set of Hoosiers that layed against the wall and watched. I don't know how much that shaved off. We found out that weld had sent the wrong damned lug nuts after we got to the track.

I am in the left lane
http://talon.svtlightnings.com/4images/data/media/35/4.jpg

Rocks:nana2 Nice run

TXLIGHTNING
10-31-2007, 12:19 PM
Nice runDid you notice what year this thread was posted? Rocks best to this date. (That I know of) 3. 03LightningRocks ------ 1.457, 10.935 @ 122.72 (03, Black) 2ABCDEFIKL8U3"STVWZ (4/17/2006) :bows

danielvalles1
10-31-2007, 03:24 PM
Talk about a thread resurrection...
you said it a year ago say it again.:rll:

03LightningRocks
10-31-2007, 10:33 PM
LOL. At first I didn't realize the poster who ran the 12 for the first time was me. I just started reading down the posts and suddenly experienced deja vu. I was just getting ready to tell the newbie he did good...LOL.

Good gawd...that seems like a real long time ago.