PDA

View Full Version : Feedback - Suggestions ?

Silver_2000
02-13-2003, 09:32 PM
Well guys we are coming up on our 1 year anniversary of the forum. I registered into this version of the software on 03-21-2002. Some time in Feb is really the anniversary...

Anyway - I am looking for some feedback.

What do you like ?

What Dont you like ?

Some of you are helping to pay for the software. Is it worth it ?

Ideas on improvements ?

Thanks in advance

Doug

dboat
02-13-2003, 10:12 PM
I am kind of a newb here and to the group.. I have been over at F150online and Autopia for about a year..
I really like this site and the folks that post here. I enjoy the vendor section and appreciate the feedback we get from Terry.
We dont have much of an off topic area to post in if we wanted to, its pretty much in the rest of the forum(s).

Autopia has a shoutout box that is kind of nice.. it allows you to post a short, general message to all on the home page..

Otherwise, I am happy with this and find value in my $10 spent.
Dana
:tu:

blueoval01
02-13-2003, 11:37 PM
Doug, It's rare that I login anywhere else. I'm interested in the local "going's on" and you fill that nitch.
10$ per year is too cheap IMHO for members.
:bows

Sixpipes
02-14-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Well guys we are coming up on our 1 year anniversary of the forum. I registered into this version of the software on 03-21-2002. Some time in Feb is really the anniversary...

Anyway - I am looking for some feedback.
Doug
It's hard to believe it has been a year. I appreciate your enthusuasm for continuing to run the site. I know I haven't been as much help as I had intended. But mostly, I enjoy this place because I like the folks that post here. A pretty diverse bunch of folks that don't get too upset about much. So do you have a spare SVTLightnings.com windshield banner for me to run at FFW Orlando?

Moonshine
02-14-2003, 10:10 AM
No complaints at all from me. And I get more than my money's worth for the $10 a year. I can't think of how you could improve the board. :tu:

Logan
02-14-2003, 11:23 AM
The upcoming VB 3.0 will be improvement enough dang nabbit.

Silver_2000
02-14-2003, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Logan
The upcoming VB 3.0 will be improvement enough dang nabbit. And when will that be oh sooth sayer....

Ok I just checked and saw this one VBulletin.com

vBulletin 2.3.0 Release Candidate

vBulletin 2.3.0 includes several bug-fixes although none of these are security related.
~~~~~~snip~~~~~

In conclusion...

The private beta for vBulletin 3 will be starting very soon now, and if no major bugs are found during the private beta we hope to release a public beta to all licenced customers who want it within a matter of weeks rather than months. For the time being we recommend that you upgrade to vBulletin 2.3.0, which we hope will be the final release for the vBulletin 2 range.

Logan - this may be a discussion better had in email BUT - While I plan to upgrade to VB 3 when it hits the street - I dint see any real WOW features.... Some of the minor changes are good .. But nothing that really says "OH My God" - Maybe I need to back an look at the feature set again ...

EDIT- http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=51821

OK there are some cool things in the works. The ability to insert a smilie where the cursor is is a BIG plus by itself.. Imprevements to the calendar as well....

Doug

whitelightning'02
02-14-2003, 12:19 PM
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Yep, I'm pretty happy,too. I would only suggest to put the number of PM's for a user on the top, maybe they would get cleaned out better, if you didn't have to scroll down.

:beer:

Lee

Silver_2000
02-14-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by whitelightning'02
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Yep, I'm pretty happy,too. I would only suggest to put the number of PM's for a user on the top, maybe they would get cleaned out better, if you didn't have to scroll down.

:beer:

Lee

Not a bad suggestion
The next version of VB is due out soon.

What you are suggest requires "a HACK "

I have very few hacks now and will not be hacking any more or even changing any templates between now and VB3 - BUT I will certainly keep these kinds of suggestions in mind for when I begin configuring VB 3 - It is supposed to be MUCH more configurable.

I kept the MAX PM relatively low simply becuase I was worried about the server load- The reality is that we have less than 20 users with more than 20 PM messages so I coud raise the limit to 100 or higher BUT all that would do is delay the scroll down and cleanout for the 20 high users...

Keep the ideas coming....

Doug

Logan
02-15-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)! I dint see any real WOW features.... Some of the minor changes are good .. But nothing that really says "OH My God" - Maybe I need to back an look at the feature set again ...
Doug [/B]

It doesn't take a lot to get me all excited... :)

Silver_2000
02-15-2003, 10:15 AM
PS - Our My SQL database remains relatively small so i have raised the PM limit ....

Not telling you how high....

;)