PDA

View Full Version : Why I don't shop at Walmart

99WhiteBeast
07-01-2010, 08:42 PM
holy smokes

http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/dpp/news/local/063010-raw-video-|-wal-mart-shootout-with-suspects

These lowlifes had apparently already taken out two officers in a traffic stop with a 16 yr old opening up with a AK

Sixpipes
07-01-2010, 09:33 PM
Yeah, I saw the initial stop on the news last night from the police officer's in dash camera. The sixteen year-old sticks the AK47 out the window and opens up on both the officers from the passenger's side of the van. :cool:

mustgofaster
07-01-2010, 09:56 PM
Is it just me, or does it seem like this sort of thing has been happening more frequently lately?

L8 APEX
07-01-2010, 10:28 PM
They keep it real in Memphis. Reminds me of the shooting where the officer died in GP off 20 and GSW. I saw that RV there days before and thought it was odd...

dboat
07-01-2010, 10:59 PM
two things.. 1) did you see the "ghost" leave the passenger side of the van right after the dog jumps out of it?
2) I want to hear Brians assessment of how well the police did on their tactical approach to the vehicle

Dana

In2deep
07-01-2010, 11:47 PM
Wow, they did not have to drag there bodies out of the van all shot up. Cops seemed to get way to worked up, thats why most officers live short lives there heart rates are always high, as told to me by a fellow officer..

Silver_2000
07-02-2010, 08:10 AM
1) did you see the "ghost" leave the passenger side of the van right after the dog jumps out of it?
Dana
Looked like smoke from gunshots ...

I'm amazed that the Walmart camera is that sharp

Silver_2000
07-02-2010, 08:12 AM
Wow, they did not have to drag there bodies out of the van all shot up. Cops seemed to get way to worked up, thats why most officers live short lives there heart rates are always high, as told to me by a fellow officer..
Maybe Im misunderstanding you but Im assuming the police are extricating the shooters to arrest them and if need be provide medical attention.

With out sound its tough to tell how shot up they are but no matter how many holes are in them the police still have procedures to follow.

dboat
07-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Looked like smoke from gunshots ...

I'm amazed that the Walmart camera is that sharp

Well, Kim and I watched it several times..if its gunsmoke, its the most human shaped gunsmoke I have ever seen.. :icon_eek: it just looked really odd..

Dana

Moonshine
07-02-2010, 09:33 AM
2) I want to hear Brians assessment of how well the police did on their tactical approach to the vehicle

Dana

The first squad (the Crown Vic) doesn't take a preferable position, but they really didn't have a lot of choices other than to go head on.

The bird and turtle cop (in the pickup) does a fantastic job. Immobilize the bad guys, use whatever weapons you have to engage them, and when an opportunity to relocate to a better position presents itself, MOVE. It's my understanding that he engaged the bad guys with a rifle through his own windshield after ramming them, followed by some pretty good tactical driving with his head below the dash. Sh*t hot! :tu:

As for the approach of foot, they set up a terrible crossfire situation. I presume someone finally noticed and hollered, since all the guys on the driver's side suddenly run around to the passenger side.

Moonshine
07-02-2010, 09:45 AM
Wow, they did not have to drag there bodies out of the van all shot up.

They did exactly what they should have done. The suspects aren't secured until they're secured, and they aren't dead unless they've been pronounced dead. So, in a scenario like this you forcibly extricate them, disarm them, handcuff them, and then you assess their medical condition and summon treatment as necessary.

I think what your cop friend was referring to was long term adrenaline dumps. I can't do justice the the medical explanation, but in layman's terms cops routinely go into situations that cause the brain to pump out a big dose of adrenaline. At that point your body is telling you to to fight or run, but cops don't get that luxury. They must remain calm, stay there, and generally, neither fight nor run. That conflict places great stress on the heart. Over time, that repeated strain weakens the heart. Which is part of the reason that the actuarial tables show an average life expectancy of 56 for someone with 20 or more years of law enforcement service. Which is why we have retirement plans that look unusually generous, because they know that it's unlikely that we'll collect on that retirement for very long.

In2deep
07-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Maybe Im misunderstanding you but Im assuming the police are extricating the shooters to arrest them and if need be provide medical attention.

With out sound its tough to tell how shot up they are but no matter how many holes are in them the police still have procedures to follow.

Agree, atleast the dog knew when it was time to give up..

Shiner1
07-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Yea that dog was getting the fawk outta dodge and the dodge, or chrysler!!!:rll:

Your right Brian "fight or flight" Since they can't "flight" so to say, even more adrenaline to stay in the fight. I commend them myself.:bows

I thought the truck ramming the van was pretty impressive. :tu:

mikelemoine
07-02-2010, 12:48 PM
That could have gotten really ugly if the cop in the truck didn't stop them there. If they made it to Wallyworld there could have been hundreds of potential hostages and/or victims. Hopefully they did not survive to waste taxpayer money rotting in jail for 10 years....

In2deep
07-02-2010, 01:38 PM
Said they where killed, only survivors an in-bread pooch that fled the seen.

TXLIGHTNING
07-02-2010, 05:59 PM
Poor pooch lol!

gbgary
07-02-2010, 07:02 PM
Poor pooch lol!

:icon_eek: that van was shot to hell...can't believe the dog survived all that.

BradOcean
07-04-2010, 04:18 PM
Here is the traffic stop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLSNLeoab8c

zforce77
07-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Didn't see the air bag go off in that Chevy either.