PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 03-04 Rear Leaf Springs

SILVER2000SVT
05-17-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm looking for a set of lightly used leaf springs off of an 03-04 Lightning.

I have an older set of Hotchkis springs in need of some repair I would like to trade or trade + $$, but I can also pay with no trade.

Jason

zforce77
05-17-2010, 03:28 PM
Why not get them re-arched like at Rays Champion Spring in Fort Worth?

SILVER2000SVT
05-17-2010, 05:18 PM

That's the plan but I need to get a set of factory springs to start with.
I have a set of newer Hotchkis springs on there right now but I want to go back to a factory spring rate.

svtroky
05-18-2010, 07:22 AM
You want to sale the new set of Hotchkis springs whats wrong with the old ones.

SILVER2000SVT
05-18-2010, 08:10 AM
You want to sale the new set of Hotchkis springs whats wrong with the old ones.

I'll probably end up selling the newer Hotchkis springs later on, but only after I finish the project.

The old ones are the 1st generation of Hotchkis springs with the lower spring-rate. One of the overload leafs broke and needs to be replaced. I would replace them on both springs just to ensure everything thing is even. They also need new bushings. I don't know what these repairs would cost so it's possible they might not be worth fixing. This would need to be researched.

99WhiteBeast
05-18-2010, 01:00 PM

not to be confused with Champion Spring on Henderson- Fort Worth- I prefer them

SILVER2000SVT
06-01-2010, 11:54 AM
ttt

SILVER2000SVT
12-27-2010, 10:18 AM
I'm still looking for some leaf springs and some lower control arms.

Anyone know of some salvaged Lightnings in the area?

svtroky
12-28-2010, 08:12 AM
I try to pm you. You got to many PM's you need to delete some.

Let me know if your interested in trading the newer leave springs for my 04 springs. Also can you send me a pic were the spring is bad and were they connect to each other. Inteested in any of the two.

SILVER2000SVT
12-28-2010, 09:14 AM
I know...I just paid my dues yesterday, I'm waiting on Doug to reactivate my account. You should be able to send an email in the mean time.

I can probably pay to get the broken one fixed along with some new bushings and trade you even? I'm off tomorrow, so I run them up to champion spring and see what they say. How many miles are on your stock ones? Are they still complete (you haven't removed the overload leaf)?

I try to pm you. You got to many PM's you need to delete some.

Let me know if your interested in trading the newer leave springs for my 04 springs. Also can you send me a pic were the spring is bad and were they connect to each other. Inteested in any of the two.

Silver_2000
12-28-2010, 09:50 AM
I know...I just paid my dues yesterday, I'm waiting on Doug to reactivate my account. You should be able to send an email in the mean time.

I can probably pay to get the broken one fixed along with some new bushings and trade you even? I'm off tomorrow, so I run them up to champion spring and see what they say. How many miles are on your stock ones? Are they still complete (you haven't removed the overload leaf)?
the paypal automatic features are broken- working on it

Well I manually updated Jasons status

If anyone else dropped thru the cracks let me know ...

Ive contacted paypal BUT dont expect a great deal of help

SILVER2000SVT
01-04-2011, 10:15 AM
I called around...
I don't think I can justify repairing the broken hotchkis leafsprings. It would be around $200 for the repairs at Champion spring. There are several rumors in old posts that Hotchkis had built these from a bad batch of spring metal. If I have the overload fixed I have no way of knowing if the main leaf will be next.

They are worth about $20 in scrap metal if someone wants them...