PDA

View Full Version : Wheels?

Chewby
05-01-2010, 06:01 AM
So I have decided that instead of getting aftermarket wheels I am going to powdercoat mine because I like stock lightning wheels. Which leads me to ask... Does anyone have stock wheel/tires that I can possibly borrow or rent while mine are at the powdercoater? Strange question I know but I have to try.

In2deep
05-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Powder coating is an overnight process they can take your wheels off at the places leave on jacks and powdercoat overnight

Chewby
05-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Powder coating is an overnight process they can take your wheels off at the places leave on jacks and powdercoat overnight

I got my quote from wheel technologies in farmers branch and because my wheels are chrome they will have to send them somehwere to be stripped and it will take a little longer. Plus the truck is currently my daily so I can't be without it for any amount of time.

In2deep
05-02-2010, 02:28 PM
Man, u should post up a trade those chrome wheels are hard to come by! I'm sure someone would trade..

In2deep
05-02-2010, 11:05 PM
Nevermind those are 20'' replicas

Chewby
05-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Nevermind those are 20'' replicas

They are 18"... I'm not sure they are replicas because the way the chrome is flaking in some spots (hard to prep areas) it looks like a bad chrome job on stock wheels. Which makes them hard to trade, it's too expensive to buy new wheels which is all why powdercoating is my best option.

dboat
05-03-2010, 07:25 AM
Matt,
I hope having someone on the board lend you some wheels isnt your only plan.

1) most guys dont keep an extra set of wheels around, they sell them
2) You are new to the board and I am guessing that you dont know a lot of us and we dont know you
3) wheels arent cheap, even cheap wheels arent cheap and most folks would not like to lose a set of wheels

I am sure you are a good guy and all, but to let someone borrow a set of wheels is asking a lot if you dont know them very well.

I wish you the very best on your wheel adventure but I do hope you have a Plan B..

Dana

Chewby
05-03-2010, 03:50 PM
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to make anyone angry. I figured it was a dumb question but i at least had to try. And I hope I do get to know you guys, you all seem pretty cool.

Shiner1
05-03-2010, 03:59 PM
Sorry about that. I didn't mean to make anyone angry. I figured it was a dumb question but i at least had to try. And I hope I do get to know you guys, you all seem pretty cool.

No worries Matt. You didn't make anyone angry. This is a good group of guys with tons of knowledge.

dboat
05-03-2010, 05:44 PM

John is right and I hope my post wasnt misunderstood. You didnt make anyone angry.. its just that you would be asking someone to trust you with a set of wheels, most likely Lightning wheels.. and that is just asking a lot for someone new to the board.. I do wish you well on your venture.. btw, if you do a search, Terry L8Apex, had a set of L wheels that he had powdercoated in black with a shiny lip to them.. very nice.. not sure what you have in mind.

Dana

L8 APEX
05-03-2010, 08:38 PM
we gathered a set of 3 spares to get a truck by until his new wheels came in. bad guys left his Harley on blocks in his driveway. You may be able to round up 3 spares. of course don't ask Dana:rll:.

dboat
05-03-2010, 09:18 PM
we gathered a set of 3 spares to get a truck by until his new wheels came in. bad guys left his Harley on blocks in his driveway. You may be able to round up 3 spares. of course don't ask Dana:rll:.

you got that right, although I did lend my spare out once... almost didnt get it back too...

Dana

Chewby
05-03-2010, 09:25 PM
John is right and I hope my post wasnt misunderstood. You didnt make anyone angry.. its just that you would be asking someone to trust you with a set of wheels, most likely Lightning wheels.. and that is just asking a lot for someone new to the board.. I do wish you well on your venture.. btw, if you do a search, Terry L8Apex, had a set of L wheels that he had powdercoated in black with a shiny lip to them.. very nice.. not sure what you have in mind.

Dana

That is exactly what I want with mine. I thought about going the spare route. Are lightning spares the same as normal f150s?

dboat
05-03-2010, 09:26 PM
That is exactly what I want with mine. I thought about going the spare route. Are lightning spares the same as normal f150s?

as best as I know they are. same lug pattern.. but I am not the expert on such matters.

Dana

Ohmsby
05-03-2010, 09:34 PM
I have a pair of drag wheels you can buy for 50 bucks. I don't think they belong to me but whoever left them at "the world headquarters" has not claimed them in the last couple years so the the first $50 buys em

baja chrome style rears for gen 2

Chewby
05-03-2010, 09:38 PM
I'll pull the spare off my dads tomorrow and see. I'm just not so sure tire diameter is the same.

BTW should I go flat or gloss black. Gloss is pretty but flat looks evil. And I'm not sure if I want to make the truck look pretty or make it look like it will eat small children.

Chewby
05-03-2010, 09:43 PM
I have a pair of drag wheels you can buy for 50 bucks. I don't think they belong to me but whoever left them at "the world headquarters" has not claimed them in the last couple years so the the first $50 buys em

sadly, I'm not making enough power to justify drag wheels yet.

dboat
05-03-2010, 09:48 PM

how much to ship to zip code 75229?

Dana

dboat
05-03-2010, 09:49 PM
I'll pull the spare off my dads tomorrow and see. I'm just not so sure tire diameter is the same.

BTW should I go flat or gloss black. Gloss is pretty but flat looks evil. And I'm not sure if I want to make the truck look pretty or make it look like it will eat small children.

gloss IMHO

Dana

Ohmsby
05-03-2010, 10:23 PM
how much to ship to zip code 75229?

Dana

free go wait by the mailbox:tu: