PDA

View Full Version : need help ASAP!!!

novitsi
04-05-2010, 11:24 PM
so i'm looking to buy my friends talon. its a 1990 tsi AWD. he broke his first motor so he bought a jap spec one. his buddy worked on it and forgot to tighten the timing belt tensioner so he spun it like 10 teeth and effed up his head. would the stok head fit on the jap spec one? and would him messing up the timing hurt anything else in the motor? any advice and comments would be extreamly nice.. thank u!!! i look forward to joining the world of talons!!!

Brandon

ps... he only wants 1500 for it but it could easily go for 4000... good friend eh???

Silver_2000
04-05-2010, 11:29 PM
please take a second and read the forum before you sign up and post....

take a look at the pictures

We dont do eagle talons

ZeusSVT
04-06-2010, 07:21 AM
please take a second and read the forum before you sign up and post....

take a look at the pictures

We dont do eagle talons

:rll:

But....but.....he's got a 1990 Red Lightning. That has to be worth something. :throw:

Shiner1
04-06-2010, 08:50 AM
:eek2:

Ohmsby
04-06-2010, 09:05 AM
I say buy it...... you have received the advice you were seeking:D

Sixpipes
04-06-2010, 10:40 AM
I had an effed-up head once. I also had a Focus SVT with an effed-up head due to timing chain breakage. More than likely you will have bent valves only, but could have some cylinder wall/piston damage if you were unlucky enough to break a valve. Unlikely that you will have any lower end damage from your little mishap. Talons are pretty cool little cars, but if you haven't guessed by now, this is a Ford Lightning club. TALON stands for... Texas Area Lightning Ownwers North. Like John said, buy it. :icon_mrgreen: