PDA

View Full Version : Club add on????

Jpintexas
04-30-2002, 12:39 PM
Now I know this is a lighning owners club, However not everone can afford a lighning, which is good since there'd be way too many people driving them who can't even handle a 4 banger!
Anyways, I was wondering how many of you all either own a mustang (any year) or have a friend who does and just might be interested in having a mustang club which is affiliated with the lighning club?

George G.
04-30-2002, 12:52 PM
Why?...just curious.

Jpintexas
04-30-2002, 01:08 PM
Well krzcwby, my friend owns a lightning and I own a mustang. since we both enjoy going to the meetings, It would make sense to me that 2 meetings a month would be even nicer. Not to mention some of our friends own mustangs and not lighnings. I don't think making new friends ever hurts either! Everyone I've met at the meetings so far have been very cool and I am glad to be able to be a part of your group.
Not to mention since coming to meetings I bought a mustang after telling nick I would never own another ford? I just had a bad experience with one is all. All vehicles are not made the same, right and if you or anyone else has some knowledge that might help a person who wants to hop up thier stang? Cool! The next vehicle they buy just may be a lightning! Hence new member? Just a thought.

98Cobra
04-30-2002, 01:19 PM
I hope no one gets offended, but this is the way I feel:

If you don't own a Lightning, I think that is fine - I used to own a Cobra myself. I like hanging out with car people in general. BUT, I don't think you can really be a member of TALON - Texas Area Lightning Owners North if you don't have a Lighting. Come to all the meetings you want, but the crowd in the know drives the truck with the go. :cool:

Also, I don't see the need to affiliate with any other clubs at this time, unless someone can show me a real benefit to it. I'm trying to keep the number of stickers on my back glass to a minimum. :p

Crawford
04-30-2002, 01:31 PM
You might want to check out DFWStangs.net there might be some people you can get together with on that page.

As far as two meetings a month goes, I can barely stand the members of this club as it is... I couldnt bare to have to hang out with these aholes twice a month!!! :d

Jpintexas
04-30-2002, 01:31 PM
I didn't say anything about everyone joining the TALON club just coming to meetings and making new friends.
As for being a true member I agree you should own a lightning to be a member of the Texas Area lightning owners North. You shouldn't however feel like you can't hang with them just because you don't own a truck???? As for benifits? Have ever noticed how many cute girls drive stangs compared to lightnings? Not that the only reason for this is the chicks! You never know when someone might be able to help you out with something. Remeber you can never have too many friends.

98Cobra
04-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Jpintexas
I didn't say anything about everyone joining the TALON club just coming to meetings and making new friends.
As for being a true member I agree you should own a lightning to be a member of the Texas Area lightning owners North. You shouldn't however feel like you can't hang with them just because you don't own a truck???? As for benifits? Have ever noticed how many cute girls drive stangs compared to lightnings? Not that the only reason for this is the chicks! You never know when someone might be able to help you out with something. Remeber you can never have too many friends.

Slow down there, guy! :D Go back and read what I said - I have no problem at all hanging out with non-Lightning types. My sister has the red '01 and she comes to the meetings most times now.

Jpintexas
04-30-2002, 01:54 PM
I think I met your sister last weekend in Deep Ellum. Is her name Kelly? Does she drive a red GT?

98Cobra
04-30-2002, 02:27 PM
That's her, she mentioned meeting another Lightning owner down there that comes to the meetings, but frankly there are so many of us its hard to keep up these days. :)

L8 APEX
04-30-2002, 02:46 PM
I say we set a requirement of guests that they not park anywhere near our trucks, not ask mod questions, they must bring the above mentioned hot chicks, and buy one beer per meeting for their designated TALON big brother :D As for Kelly she is an honorary member for life!

Jpintexas
04-30-2002, 02:53 PM
Like I don't buy nick lots of beer as it is!
:d

I agree with the whole hot chicks deal too!!! :D

Moonshine
05-02-2002, 02:27 PM
Kelly's a real member of TALON! How about we say no male TALON members with Mustangs? Will that work?

Crawford
05-02-2002, 02:58 PM
Uh, no... Kelly is the only exception! :burnout: