PDA

View Full Version : Stupid 12" Air Filter Question

tliss
02-05-2003, 08:32 AM
It obvious that the open air filter stays on the truck for quite some time, but is there anything we need to do to clean it, or does it eventually need to be replaced? Just something that has been weighing on my mind...

Tom

Silver_2000
02-05-2003, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by tliss
It obvious that the open air filter stays on the truck for quite some time, but is there anything we need to do to clean it, or does it eventually need to be replaced? Just something that has been weighing on my mind...

Tom Dont want to step on Terrys thunder BUT the filters are like K&N filters - designed to be washed and cleaned and reoiled. HOWEVER - TO avoid trouble with over oiling and screwing up the MAF - I just bought a new one since my old one was slightly crushed as well.. You can search on Google to find out how to clean a k&n

Terry probobly wouldnt mind if you just threw it away and bought a new one ...:banana:
Doug

tliss
02-05-2003, 08:58 AM
Figured as much. I was just curious. I'll take a look around and see what nees to be done as well as the frequency.

Tom

L8 APEX
02-05-2003, 09:35 AM
Go to AutoZone and buy a K&N filter re-charge kit. They are 10 bucks and include the cleaner and oil. Follow the directions and be sparing on the oil:tu: I clean mine whenever it turns black or 10K miles. Or I can service it for you for only 35 bucks:D