PDA

View Full Version : Off to Bankston

Sixpipes
04-29-2002, 06:51 PM
Looks like I've got some last minute gremlins to take care of before Houston. Thought when I changed the fuel filter my missing troubles were over. Not so. Gotta call Vince early in the morning. :hammer:

Ivanhoe_Farms
04-29-2002, 08:29 PM
can you say CONTOUR??:crying: :vomit:

and now GO_Rila --- mercy:crying:

L8 APEX
04-30-2002, 01:21 AM
Will this be Go_Rila come Saturday morning:eek: Go_Rila also has a nice parts storage shelf AKA bed cover:nono:
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/209-608-6062.jpg
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/209-608-6061.jpg

Sixpipes
04-30-2002, 08:04 AM
Thats what I get for letting the little woman use it for a commuter. :cool:

Flats Man
04-30-2002, 08:48 AM
When was the last time you changed the plugs? With the little woman driving around they might be fouled or a coil pack could be gone bye bye!

98Cobra
04-30-2002, 08:50 AM
Hmm, Dennis, I am surprised you would set foot back in that place after the Contour Incident. :eek:

Mark #2
04-30-2002, 09:37 AM
Dennis,
Still planning on coming over tonight? Let me know if the plans change with this trip to Bankston.

Sixpipes
04-30-2002, 10:35 AM
I'm still planning on being there at 6PM. I have scheduled the trip to Bankston for early Wednesday AM. :cool:

98Cobra - Regarding the "Contour Incident";

My dissatisfaction with Bankston had nothing to do with their service department, but everything to do with the service "manager" I talked with. The diagnosis that Bankston made on the engine was confirmed by John Eagle and I haven't for sure proven that it was incorrect. I have had zero complaints about any work they have done on my truck.

I did leave my truck at John Eagle for a rough idle problem which they fixed, however, it was only because they are conveniently located near Love Field. I do know that the service writer at John Eagle indicated that the service department was not authorized to remove the blower pulley because it was not a Ford part. (Where have we heard that before?)

Bottom line - I'm comfortable with Bankston working on my truck and I'm comfortable with the service writer. I just don't plan on dealing with the management guys.

J.D. Blackwell
04-30-2002, 10:56 AM
Dennis, don't forget to install those new plugs that that redneck gave you.;)

Sixpipes
04-30-2002, 11:13 AM
They're in the glove box. :tu:

98Cobra
04-30-2002, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Sixpipes

98Cobra - Regarding the "Contour Incident";

My dissatisfaction with Bankston had nothing to do with their service department, but everything to do with the service "manager" I talked with. The diagnosis that Bankston made on the engine was confirmed by John Eagle and I haven't for sure proven that it was incorrect. I have had zero complaints about any work they have done on my truck.

Bottom line - I'm comfortable with Bankston working on my truck and I'm comfortable with the service writer. I just don't plan on dealing with the management guys.

Ahhh, it's all clear now. Cool. :tu:

Flats Man
04-30-2002, 04:42 PM
Hey Six, don't forget about your new plugs in the glove box and use them to throw at people, as in a road rage situation! Remember, only use old fouled plugs for that purpose!

Sixpipes
05-01-2002, 08:42 AM
On my way to Bankston this morning trying to get Go_rila to act up; nothing. Hopefully they will be able to find a glitch somewhere. :rolleyes: For the record, I have never been known to throw spark plugs at other motorists no matter how obnoxious they are; unlike some other people I know. :p

Mark #2
05-01-2002, 08:50 AM
Must be because we re-aligned the exhaust.:)

I had a separate thought. Is there anyway that the new rear U-bolts could go from the bottom up? Nuts on top?

Ivanhoe_Farms
05-01-2002, 10:39 AM
Not covered under warranty:bs

Sixpipes
05-01-2002, 10:44 AM
Nuts on top sounds dangerous to me. I'm usually willing to try anything once, but.......................I'll call Metco and find out.

Bankston says intermittant (sp?) problem with coil packs 1 & 5, but my wonderful extended warranty service company (a non-Ford entity) does not want to pay. I'm waiting on a call back for details.

Sixpipes
05-01-2002, 11:21 AM
HaHaHaHaHaHa.....................................t his is a good one. You guys are not going to believe this.

The initial response from my extended warranty carrier was: No work can be done for 48 hours until they send an inspector over to go over the vehicle. On top of that, they are intending to deny the warranty work on the coil packs because I have 20" tires and wheels. :eek: This is great. I needed a good laugh today. More to come.:D

Later that same day..................................

I will be cancelling my extended warranty with :throw: Source One Automotive :throw: in Franklin, TN by the end of the day. For all you new Lightning owners, my advise would be to get your extended warranty from an authorized Ford dealership. I will pay the bill at Bankston out of my pocket and hopefully get the truck late today or early tomorrow.

Crawford
05-01-2002, 11:51 AM
Dennis,
That sucks! Word to the wise, do not ever ever buy an extended warranty that is not a ford warranty period. I purchased a 96 cobra a while back and got the $1250 warranty from Middlekauff and they told me that it would take care of anything on the care regardless of mods that were on it when I bought it, I didnt add any! Well the tranny needed some work from the beginning, well I took it in and they sent an adjustor out and he promptly voided my entire warranty because it had an aftermarket shifter on it (steeda tri-axe) Well I went down to Middlekauff and raised hell until I got my money back on the warranty. They told me they would make me a good deal on a Lightning since I got the sh1t end of the stick on the used cobra. So I talk to their sales manager and they try to sell me one at $1500 over sticker. I told them to go F**K themselves and I traded the car a few weeks later on a L over at Bankston for sticker price (which I will never do again BTW).... Well the rest is history... sorry Dennis, had to vent you struck a nerve there :nono:

Silver_2000
05-01-2002, 11:54 AM
Coil Packs are only $60 or so each may not be worth the wait for the warranty company... If they dont like your Rims wait till they look under the hood.....

Doug

Sixpipes
05-01-2002, 12:19 PM
Bankston's estimate is $325 for two coils packs, diagnostics, crank position sensor, and labor. Not bad under the circumstances. Oddly, no codes were registering initially on the diagnostics.

MadNess
05-01-2002, 12:46 PM
Hey Sixpipes,

Paul Gamino in our group, had a very similar problem, his truck would "stumble" when it was not fully warmed up, we he replaced the coilpacks and the problem stopped. Jarrod (99SVT) had a similar problem at CCB a while ago as well, changed the coil packs and was ok.

Hope this helps,

MadNess :)

L8 APEX
05-01-2002, 02:14 PM
Sad to hear that 6'er another void happy scam! Wish you had the time so I could have helped you out and saved you some money:rolleyes: I had a third party warranty give me the thrid degree over my transmission in my Tahoe. They could not believe the low milage so I sent proof of a company vehicle. Then they blamed the 4WD and off road abuse until the inspector came and looked at it for mud and rocks under it. He said it was the cleanest underside he had seen the truck looked like a low milage weekend cruiser and I would have no problem. So I gave the shop all the hopped up parts I wanted back in it and they paid the shop and I even got some money back!:d They were right about the low milage though only 6K miles in two years:D

Sixpipes
05-01-2002, 08:20 PM
Got the truck this afternoon from Bankston. Everything is AOK as far as I can tell. Seems Bankston has a new guy that deals with all SVTs. Pretty nice fellow. He is somehow hooked up with Mangrum's Pro 5.0 car and very familiar with FFW. Poor guy almost blew a gasket after dealing with that lame-ass warranty carrier. Did I mention their name? :throw: Source One Automotive :throw: 2 coil packs and a crank position sensor came to $324 and some change as promised. :cool:

Todd
05-01-2002, 10:33 PM
I think I,m a new member for the 3rd time. This computer stuff is hard. Did you see my red 01 @ Bankston? I took it there Monday morning for the front end clunk and David said most work gets completed the same day it is now Wendsday night! I know it had 5921miles on it monday.

Sixpipes
05-01-2002, 11:02 PM
Todd,

Nope, I didn't snoop around much today. 3 days for the clunk is crazy as far as I'm concerned. :cool:

MadMax
05-02-2002, 12:09 AM
Extended Warranties that are not Ford are :bs been there done that with a 1998 Z28. Sold the car to Bryan (Nitrous Express) up in Wichita Falls, TX. It is now the cover car for

www.nitrousexpress.com

Take note...aftermarket warranties are a SCAM...end of story :nono:

wesman
05-02-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
Hmm, Dennis, I am surprised you would set foot back in that place after the Contour Incident. :eek:

What was the contour incident? Just got my L yesterday and would like to know who to stay away from :)

wesman
05-02-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Sixpipes
Got the truck this afternoon from Bankston. Everything is AOK as far as I can tell. Seems Bankston has a new guy that deals with all SVTs. Pretty nice fellow. He is somehow hooked up with Mangrum's Pro 5.0 car and very familiar with FFW. Poor guy almost blew a gasket after dealing with that lame-ass warranty carrier. Did I mention their name? :throw: Source One Automotive :throw: 2 coil packs and a crank position sensor came to $324 and some change as promised. :cool:

at the dealership. Which one is this and contact info if you have it.

Sixpipes
05-02-2002, 03:45 PM
Bankston is on HWY 121 just west of the Dallas North Tollway.

David Ottinger is the SVT Service Advisor (972) 335-5014. Never met the guy before yesterday, but he took care of me. :tu: