PDA

View Full Version : Meat-n-Skeet

George G.
04-29-2002, 04:20 PM
Hey, weren't we gonna do some kinda meat-n-skeet? Did that fall through?

Red2002
04-29-2002, 05:15 PM
I'll be there if and when this thing goes on with my puny 410 pump action.

However, I'll be bringing the very, very large pump action for the 'meat' part of the contest. :d :tongue:

Sixpipes
04-29-2002, 05:19 PM
I'm not sure if folks just dropped the idea after Moonshine spilled his guts about the 4-wheeler incident,

http://talon.svtlightnings.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=101

but I'm still game. Uh......let me rephrase that. I still think its a good idea. I do think we should all vote on who should be allowed to carry a loaded gun or something. :p

blueoval01
04-29-2002, 05:28 PM
Yep, I think Sixpipes has a good point. SOMEONE is gonna have to marshal the "gun activity".
Don't want any shake shot in my fenders, for sure.:nono:

AND, I gotta 375 that I would love to use on some turtles. :rolleyes:
They better be BIG SOB's, otherwise, I'm wasting ammo ..:tu:

J.D. Blackwell
04-29-2002, 05:46 PM
I think it is a great idea. I will bring my 10ga. that shoots 3 1/2" shells.:eek:
But this is an event that there should not be any beer drinking.:nono:

Silver_2000
04-29-2002, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
I think it is a great idea. I will bring my 10ga. that shoots 3 1/2" shells.:eek:
But this is an event that there should not be any beer drinking.:nono:

Shoot first Put guns away then drink...

No Problem

Doug

PS Sixpipes due to the Banner ads you cant copy the url from the address line... You need to right click the link to the thread and choose copy shortcut, or right a blank spot of the thread and choose properties and copy the url there...

98Cobra
04-30-2002, 08:52 AM
Actually, I thought the Meat-N-Skeet is planned for May or something.

tliss
04-30-2002, 11:28 AM
I may have to come out for this. I'll pull out and dust off the old 12ga. I need some ammo!

Tom

George G.
04-30-2002, 12:50 PM
So I'm still pretty stocked up on 12Ga. shells. I guess I better use em before they get so old and backfire. What about going to a gun range? There's one on Luna Rd, about a mile south from I2 Technologies. Actually faster to get there from NW Hwy. Anywho, they have a skeet range that you can use and its fairly cheap. Of course, free is better. I agree on the beer ban. Last time I went hog hunting down by Italy, TX, one guy had too much that night and tried to shoot down the stars....don't worry, he didn't hit any of them! Needless to say, he lost his gun privalage for the night. May is coming up so I guess we should plan a date. BYW, the 4-wheeler incident was hiarious! But i dont get how someone can shoot the fender and not see it through the scope? I'll be parking my truck in the garage that day. I'd rather not have to do some bondo repair to fill the shot holes.:d

J.D. Blackwell
04-30-2002, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by stang_460
BYW, the 4-wheeler incident was hiarious! But i dont get how someone can shoot the fender and not see it through the scope? I'll be parking my truck in the garage that day. I'd rather not have to do some bondo repair to fill the shot holes.:d

You might be a redneck if.........
:)

George G.
04-30-2002, 03:32 PM
:d :d :d That's too funny! I hope you're not referring to me going dove huntin! Hey, I'm not the one shooting turtles!:D Or my own vehicle

Moonshine
05-02-2002, 02:25 PM
OK, I'm back. Been in a rifle school all week, so I've been off the board. Meat N Skeet is still on, but May has become something of a nightmare. May 25th may work. How would that strike everyone?

Stang 460, regarding your question of how one might shoot the front rack without seeing the rack through the scope - It's quite simple, as most scopes are mounted about 1.5" above the bore line. Thus, the picture through the scope can look just peachy, while the muzzle is obstructed. However, thanks to a bit of Bondo and some custom mixed paint that fax paus has been rectified.

Sixpipes
05-02-2002, 03:47 PM
So now that you have Bondo experience, how much for fixing my rear bumper? :p

Moonshine
05-02-2002, 03:57 PM
It's actually not too hard to work with. I'm not prepared to quit my day job just yet, but for a first attempt I thought it came out pretty good.

George G.
05-18-2002, 02:44 PM
Are we on for May 25? What's the status? I missed the meeting at Kellers so don't know if it was brought up or not.

Moonshine
05-18-2002, 04:31 PM
No, we are not on for May 25th. That's Memorial Day weekend and too many people had other plans. Current status is postponement at least until after the summer.