PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Factory Ford Lightning Tonneau Cover

TXLIGHTNING
06-11-2009, 01:07 PM
A branch fell from a tree last night right before I pulled my truck into the garage and ripped my factory T-Cover. Does anyone have one for sale, or might know someone that does?

In2deep
06-11-2009, 01:20 PM
Dang, another bummer story!!

98Cobra
06-11-2009, 05:02 PM
Didn't Aggie Mom have one? Or did she sell it?

Aggie Mom
06-11-2009, 05:14 PM
A branch fell from a tree last night right before I pulled my truck into the garage and ripped my factory T-Cover. Does anyone have one for sale, or might know someone that does?

Soft cover right? I just put a snuglid on my truck. You can have mine if you want. Mine is the kind with the rails that rolls up, no snaps. Don't know what it will cost to ship though. I'm in Bulverde Tx. I don't have the corners, but I have the rails and clamps if you need those too. Let me know or shoot me a PM with your address if you are interested.

TXLIGHTNING
06-11-2009, 05:21 PM
Soft cover right? I just put a snuglid on my truck. You can have mine if you want. Mine is the kind with the rails that rolls up, no snaps. Don't know what it will cost to ship though. I'm in Bulverde Tx. I don't have the corners, but I have the rails and clamps if you need those too. Let me know or shoot me a PM with your address if you are interested. I'll take it! I just need the soft cover, but if you want to throw in the clamps and rails I will take them as well. Than you so much Aggie Mom!! I will PM you my info. :bows

Aggie Mom
06-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Your welcome. I got your PM. I will ship all of it out Saturday morning.

TXLIGHTNING
06-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Your welcome. I got your PM. I will ship all of it out Saturday morning. THANK YOU! :beer:

Aggie Mom
06-11-2009, 05:56 PM
Looks like I will only be shipping the cover. The want $130 to ship it with the rails! ouch. I will ship the cover on Saturday.

TXLIGHTNING
06-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Looks like I will only be shipping the cover. The want $130 to ship it with the rails! ouch. I will ship the cover on Saturday. LOL, that's just crazy! Its all good AM :icon_mrgreen: All i need is the cover anyway. Thanks again!

my2002lightning
06-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Tony,

Off-topic, but Cro-Cop's going to be fighting at UFC 99 in Cologne, Germany this Saturday night!knana Dana confirmed, too.http://mmajunkie.com/news/14915/report-cro-cop-says-hes-in-for-ufc-99-return-against-al-turk.mma

Filopovic and W. Silva are going to dominate, IMO. I'd like to see a CC / Gonzaga rematch, too, and CC mop the floor with him.:icon_twisted::evil

TXLIGHTNING
06-12-2009, 03:19 PM
Tony,

Off-topic, but Cro-Cop's going to be fighting at UFC 99 in Cologne, Germany this Saturday night!knana Dana confirmed, too.http://mmajunkie.com/news/14915/report-cro-cop-says-hes-in-for-ufc-99-return-against-al-turk.mma

Filopovic and W. Silva are going to dominate, IMO. I'd like to see a CC / Gonzaga rematch, too, and CC mop the floor with him.:icon_twisted::evil Yes I have it set to record bro :d knana

Aggie Mom
06-12-2009, 05:04 PM
I shipped the cover today after work. ETA is this Tuesday. Don't worry about the shipping charge. It was only $9 for the cover. Consider it an early/late birthday present.:icon_smile:

TXLIGHTNING
06-12-2009, 05:10 PM
I shipped the cover today after work. ETA is this Tuesday. Don't worry about the shipping charge. It was only $9 for the cover. Consider it an early/late birthday present.:icon_smile: Damn Cathy! I dont feel right just taking it fo free lol. I will pm you :beer:

Aggie Mom
06-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Damn Cathy! I dont feel right just taking it fo free lol. I will pm you :beer:

It was only $9...don't worry about it. I'm just a nice person (despite what some will say) lol :icon_mrgreen:

Silver_2000
06-12-2009, 06:34 PM
It was only $9...don't worry about it. I'm just a nice person (despite what some will say) lol :icon_mrgreen:

Quoting this for posterity......

:evil:twitch:

dboat
06-12-2009, 06:54 PM
Quoting this for posterity......

:evil:twitch:

:eek::rll::rll:

Aggie Mom
06-12-2009, 07:17 PM
Hey, it's on the internet now, so it must be true!:icon_mrgreen:

my2002lightning
06-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Care to know how UFC 99 turned out? It was live at 2pm CST (9pm CST PPV)

I'll refrain from any spoilers.:icon_cool: Unless you want to know, now...

Yes I have it set to record bro :d knana

Aggie Mom
06-13-2009, 09:39 PM
Since we seem to be off topic here, I found this hilarious. I can't put my finger on it, but this reminds me of someone. Of course for most people to understand this, they have to remove someone from their ignore list. Guess I'm not so nice after all!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

How to hijack a thread
Posted on: December 11, 2008 7:53 PM, by John S. Wilkins

From Almost Diamonds, by Stephanie Zvan, comes a description of many of my favourite trolls, including the one who won't take "you're banned" as an answer. This is why he's banned.

Or, A Primer in Antisocial Attention-Seeking

Lay your groundwork. Watch the group interaction. Make yourself known to the community. Engage on a topic or two. Piss a few people off so they'll react to you reliably later.

Watch for your chance. If the blog is any good, the host and/or community practices some sort of moderation, active or passive. You'll have to catch them on a busy day or heated topic to get them to feed trolls.

Commit to the campaign. Prepare not to have a life for the duration. Refresh frequently and respond to everything before anyone else can. Drown anyone speaking in good faith in an avalanche of comments.

Build a fire. Say something known to be controversial. Be sure to compliment community members--in the most backhanded way possible. Extra points for dog whistles.

Make yourself the injured party. Recharacterize any objections to your statements as referenda on your character. Loudly protest your ignorance of even the concept of a dog whistle. Of course you didn't say that. Abuse yourself sarcastically in strong terms to show how misunderstood you are.

Limit your scope. If the conversation happens across several blogs, pick the one you want to make your own. Most of the community will gravitate to the comment threads where real discussion is happening, leaving a smaller field for you to manipulate.

Divide the community. Pick out a couple of people to side with. Ideally, these should be people with a history of both arguing with the community and making at least occasional good points. Agree broadly as soon as they say anything reasonable, so that anyone else who wants to agree with them must also agree with you.

Deflect topical discussion. Engage with everyone who still wants to discuss the idea at hand. However, don't engage with them on the topic. If you can turn them to talking about your behavior, this is a plus, but any sideline or distraction will do.

Deny group authority. Insist that if anyone wants to judge your behavior, they must also judge the behavior of all community members by the same standards. Point to their reactions to your bad behavior as bad behavior that also needs to be censured. Ignore the fact that you haven't contributed to the community in the same way they have.

Prepare to lose. You've almost certainly chosen a blog where your disruption will be noticed. After all, that's what you're there for. The problem with avoiding chaos is that these people have come together for a reason--to talk to each other, not you. They're eventually going to go back to doing just that, closing up ranks, and you're going to have to find a new way, or a new blog, to get anyone to pay attention to you again.

Silver_2000
06-13-2009, 10:33 PM
Since we seem to be off topic here, I found this hilarious. I can't put my finger on it, but this reminds me of someone. Of course for most people to understand this, they have to remove someone from their ignore list. Guess I'm not so nice after all!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

How to hijack a thread

From Almost Diamonds, by Stephanie Zvan, comes a description of many of my favourite trolls, including the one who won't take "you're banned" as an answer. This is why he's banned.

Lay your groundwork. Watch the group interaction. Make yourself known to the community. Engage on a topic or two. Piss a few people off so they'll react to you reliably later.

Watch for your chance. If the blog is any good, the host and/or community practices some sort of moderation, active or passive. You'll have to catch them on a busy day or heated topic to get them to feed trolls.

Commit to the campaign. Prepare not to have a life for the duration. Refresh frequently and respond to everything before anyone else can. Drown anyone speaking in good faith in an avalanche of comments.

Build a fire. Say something known to be controversial. Be sure to compliment community members--in the most backhanded way possible. Extra points for dog whistles.

Make yourself the injured party. Recharacterize any objections to your statements as referenda on your character. Loudly protest your ignorance of even the concept of a dog whistle. Of course you didn't say that. Abuse yourself sarcastically in strong terms to show how misunderstood you are.

Limit your scope. If the conversation happens across several blogs, pick the one you want to make your own. Most of the community will gravitate to the comment threads where real discussion is happening, leaving a smaller field for you to manipulate.

Divide the community. Pick out a couple of people to side with. Ideally, these should be people with a history of both arguing with the community and making at least occasional good points. Agree broadly as soon as they say anything reasonable, so that anyone else who wants to agree with them must also agree with you.

Deflect topical discussion. Engage with everyone who still wants to discuss the idea at hand. However, don't engage with them on the topic. If you can turn them to talking about your behavior, this is a plus, but any sideline or distraction will do.

Deny group authority. Insist that if anyone wants to judge your behavior, they must also judge the behavior of all community members by the same standards. Point to their reactions to your bad behavior as bad behavior that also needs to be censured. Ignore the fact that you haven't contributed to the community in the same way they have.

Prepare to lose. You've almost certainly chosen a blog where your disruption will be noticed. After all, that's what you're there for. The problem with avoiding chaos is that these people have come together for a reason--to talk to each other, not you. They're eventually going to go back to doing just that, closing up ranks, and you're going to have to find a new way, or a new blog, to get anyone to pay attention to you again.

great content

Saving for later

easy to search for:
trolls
trouble makers

dboat
06-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Still wondering who it reminded Cathy of... :rolleyes:

Dana

my2002lightning
06-14-2009, 05:41 PM
I prefaced my reply to Tony/TXLightning as "off-topic", originally. Now, who is taking the original thread off-topic? I'm happy for Tony that he has a new tonneau cover in-transit, follows UFC and likes to discuss.

Stephanie Zvan is a speculative fictional writer, btw.:rolleyes:

How to hijack a thread

Aggie Mom
06-14-2009, 07:50 PM
So your saying, I’m suppose to think it is okay for you to hijack a thread because you say “off-topic?” You really don’t get it do you? Sure we all go off topic sometimes, but you seem to purposefully do it and that’s just rude. But how stupid of me; since it’s all about you, you seem to do everything to make any topic be what you want to talk about.

So what if she is a speculative writer? Did you Google that Einstein? Have you met her from your best friends, cousin’s sister while traveling the world? Oh, please tell me story. :nono: Besides, who really cares what type of writer she is. It describes you perfectly. :evil

dboat
06-14-2009, 08:35 PM
So your saying, I’m suppose to think it is okay for you to hijack a thread because you say “off-topic?” You really don’t get it do you? Sure we all go off topic sometimes, but you seem to purposefully do it and that’s just rude. But how stupid of me; since it’s all about you, you seem to do everything to make any topic be what you want to talk about.

So what if she is a speculative writer? Did you Google that Einstein? Have you met her from your best friends, cousin’s sister while traveling the world? Oh, please tell me story. :nono: Besides, who really cares what type of writer she is. It describes you perfectly. :evil

:throw::throw::throw::throw:

ouch...

my2002lightning
06-14-2009, 08:46 PM
It was close! Was hoping W. Silva would've KO/TKO.(29-28 scored)

Kongo lost by decision (30-27) and Filopic/CC won by striking in the 1st rd.! :tu:

How's that new tonneau working out for you, Tony?:D

Yes I have it set to record bro :d knana

Aggie Mom
06-15-2009, 04:56 AM
lol! Yet another stellar example of why you have been BANNED from the Members forum. Thank you for that confirmation. :tu: I'm done.

my2002lightning
06-16-2009, 07:18 PM
So, honestly, why do you keep perpetuating this with these little snide personal "attacks" on me?:bsOh, well.:rolleyes:

I'll take the high-road and won't reply to you further - it's pointless, evidently. If you and Zvan enjoy your fiction and that mind-set, that's fine - enjoy.

lol! Yet another stellar example of why you have been BANNED from the Members forum. Thank you for that confirmation. :tu: I'm done.

TXLIGHTNING
06-17-2009, 09:14 AM
I got the cover yesterday Cathy. Thank you so much!! And you two need to kiss and make up :D

Aggie Mom
06-17-2009, 05:46 PM
I got the cover yesterday Cathy. Thank you so much!! And you two need to kiss and make up :D

Glad I could help out. :tu: