PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump always on W/ tweecer

mustgofaster
04-26-2009, 09:19 PM
I just installed my Tweecer today in preparation for the shootout. When I turn the key to the run position, KOEO, the fuel pump runs constantly. I didn't even try to fire the truck up out of fear of burning something up, so I just removed the Tweecer instead. Without the Tweecer the fuel pump cycles off like it should in KOEO. I'm nearly positive that the terminals were clean on the J3 connector. The truck started after removing the Tweecer. Though it did have a long crank, but I'm guessing that was due to having the batt disconnected while installing the Tweecer. I only backed it into the garage, so I know of no drive issues since removing it. Any ideas what I may have done wrong? Bad Tweecer? Software issue? Thanks!

Steve

Chris94L
04-26-2009, 09:44 PM
possibly corrupted tune?

mustgofaster
04-26-2009, 10:02 PM
possibly corrupted tune?

Very possible. I bought it used & it's been sitting for some time, so it has probably lost any tunes it had. I'm going to re-install it tomorrow & start with the switch in the off position to see what happens. I switched it off with no change today, but I didn't realize that it takes a minute for it to switch off.

gpz 750
04-27-2009, 05:26 PM
It's a problem the tweecer has off and on. Sometimes when you make a tune and write it to the tweecer it gets corrupted and causes the pumps to stay on. If I remember right you just need to do another tune and write it again.