PDA

View Full Version : Help! Can't Pass Inspection!

tliss
04-24-2009, 05:23 PM
Freakin computer is pissing me off!! :mad: I keep it unplugged so as not to kill the battery and have now been driving it for three weeks...had it inspected 3 times and the EGR and Catalyst sensors are still not responding, so it will not pass. I'm starting to think the sensors are bad, but wanted to get some opinions. Need to get it to pass this month...due in April, so not much time left.

Thoughts?

Tom

charlie
04-24-2009, 05:41 PM
You unplug your Comp. every night, or battery?

If your unplugging your battery every night It's not going to pass until it completes it's cycle after you plug everything back in. This can take a few miles to accomplish.

What exactly did the fail paper say?

tliss
04-24-2009, 06:06 PM
EGR and Catalyst not ready. And I usually keep the battery unplugged but have kept it attached for the last 3-4 weeks and have driven about 400 miles on it since the last disconnect and these two sensors are still not ready.

Dammit :gatling:!!

Tom

Silver_2000
04-24-2009, 06:21 PM
mine took a lot longer than I thought to go thru the checks

every time you remove the battery you are back at square one

slick-svt
04-25-2009, 06:48 AM
You have to go through all the drive cycles.....

charlie
04-25-2009, 09:11 AM
EGR and Catalyst not ready. And I usually keep the battery unplugged but have kept it attached for the last 3-4 weeks and have driven about 400 miles on it since the last disconnect and these two sensors are still not ready.

Dammit :gatling:!!

Tom

If you can get to The Colony today or tomorrow. I can plug my fancy little doo hicky up to it. and we can see what is turned off, or just not working.

tliss
04-25-2009, 11:57 AM
You have to go through all the drive cycles.....

I understand that. Problem is it used to take a round trip drive to work...about 50 miles! I've driven to work at least 8-10 times since reattaching the battery...damn drive cycles should be complete by now...ya think?

And guys, I've had this truck since 2001...I'm not a Lightning virgin...

T

tliss
04-25-2009, 11:59 AM
If you can get to The Colony today or tomorrow. I can plug my fancy little doo hicky up to it. and we can see what is turned off, or just not working.

Not sure I can make it this weekend. Lots to do around the house. Thanks for the offer though.

Tom

dboat
04-25-2009, 05:13 PM
I'm not a Lightning virgin...

T

I will have to use that quote again.. but aint it the truth.

although, your recent lack of usage of the L has us all concerned...

Dana

PoorSvtman
04-26-2009, 02:44 PM
I can get legit inspection done....