PDA

View Full Version : 9.40 GSXR1000, Low 10 sec Bike vs me from a dig on old setup...

TT_6SPD_95
04-07-2009, 08:43 AM
I said in another thread on here that I was trying to get the other video up that someone took that same night after racing that race from several cars back.

First though I am going to say these guys are hands down some of the best riders in Kansas City...they most definitely know what they are doing especially on the street from a dig!

ALSO...the light was blocked off by our group, so there was absolutely nobody that was going to come through the light which was all pre-arranged before the race ever happened.

Anyway, on the first run I was on the limiter a bit, but was off the throttle a bit as well when I felt the car get out a shape....was about 80% throttle through 3rd and a little more in 4th. I lost this race as you can see. BTW...if you were wondering how I know this it is because I have a standalone and logged both runs. The standalone is continuously logging all the time actually.

2nd race was a clean run for myself and was pretty much full throttle all the way through. Went and looked at the tracks later that night and there were black marks until I went into 4th, but the car seemed to motivate rather well from a stop...bikes couldn't get me at all out of the hole. The 9.40 bike started coming up on me through my 2nd, but after I hit 3rd I pulled on him and then 4th pulled him a bit more.

Anyway, onto the video of the races. One of the bikes was a GSXR1000 that ran 9.40 at the track and the other was a low 10 second bike. This was when I was on the old setup with the car.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=9786945

gagspa
04-07-2009, 09:46 AM
Have you ever taken your car to the track to get an actual time? I'd be very interested in what you run.

TT_6SPD_95
04-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Have you ever taken your car to the track to get an actual time? I'd be very interested in what you run.

On the new setup I did...it actually says in my sig though too.

I can't go to my local track with not being legal and all...they won't even let me run 1/8 mile, so I went to a track in Rogersville, MO where they let me run. The only issue with that track is that the locals were saying do not go all the way through because of the short shutdown...I was told that the track used to be an 1/8 mile track and its just not much of a shutdown even though now it is technically a 1/4 mile track. It is pretty bumpy at the end too for a race track.

Anyway, that was the only time I have ran it on the new setup and I was just dialing in boost for the traction. I was getting more and more aggressive with it, but the last pass of the night they were ready to close, so I ended up with a 6.1@121mph in the 1/8 and 9.56@114mph in the 1/4 where I was on the brakes pretty good.

With this turbo combination the car will gain approximately 34-35mph on the top end from the 1/8 to 1/4 at the boost I was at. The AVERAGE power on that run was only around 930rwhp with ramping up the boost and all and not turning it up all the way when it was ramped up which was at around 100mph or so.

When I get time to take the car out again I would like to be a lot more aggressive with the boost off the line and all the way through the run as the car was putting down pretty much all the power I threw at it which wasn't a whole lot coming off the line. I just wasn't sure how the car was going to react off the line with the new slicks and it did surprisingly well especailly for just being normal road racing coilovers with no tinkering with the suspension. :)

Sorry for the long reply, but just figured you would want the details of what was going on when I ran what I ran.

gagspa
04-07-2009, 02:12 PM
That thing is obscene!

tiffo60
04-07-2009, 02:26 PM
You should come out May1st to Ennis and just run with the T&T crowd, You can get two good passes in before they wont let you run any more:evil

And it will be a good chance to meet some of us:tu:

TXLIGHTNING
04-07-2009, 02:28 PM
You should come out May1st to Ennis and just run with the T&T crowd, You can get two good passes in before they wont let you run any more:evil

And it will be a good chance to meet some of us:tu: +1 Tiff, I would love to see that baby run.

In2deep
04-07-2009, 03:18 PM
That freakin sick!!

TT_6SPD_95
04-08-2009, 02:56 PM

And it will be a good chance to meet some of us:tu:

Thanks for the invite and it really does sound like a lot of fun, but my schedule is full that weekend as I have polishing orders scheduled to go out and right after I make that shipment I have to go out of town to tune another standalone system.

When is your next event coming up...might have to make a road trip then. :)