PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: EGR Delete Plate Wanted!

0'Lightning
01-20-2009, 01:28 PM
My truck has started to make this slight fart/humming noise that I can hear at idle. I've searched forums, and i'm comming to the conclusion that its the EGR.

Let me know if you have one you would sell me!

ZeusSVT
01-20-2009, 02:27 PM
I have one, you can have it if you can swing by and pick it up. Pm me.

L8 APEX
01-20-2009, 05:56 PM
You can pull the line of the top and see if it stops. It is probably the IAC however.

ZeusSVT
01-20-2009, 06:23 PM
You can pull the line of the top and see if it stops. It is probably the IAC however.

I was kinda thinking the same thing. Remember when my IAC went wacko back when I first bought my truck? :hammer: I chased that crap for a few months before we got to the bottom of it.

He is stopping by this evening. I will take a look at his IAC and see if that is where the issue is coming from.

ZeusSVT
01-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Nice meeting you tonight Cutter. Nice truck for the mileage and year, no doubt.

I had him pull his truck up to the garage and took a look at it and it definitely sounds like the IAC needs to be replaced. The girgling sound comes from it right when you shut the truck off. Should be an easy fix.

If you need anything, you know where I live now, just give me a call and swing by. :tu:

0'Lightning
01-21-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks a lot for the block off plate Michael. Great tip with the Back in Black. I bought a used it today and cleaned my dirty engine bay, looks a lot better.

I bought a new IAC today from Autozone and put it in about a hour ago and its still making the same sound. It's not as loud, and I even noticed the sound stopped for a second and didn't make the fading sound when I turned the truck off. Then I started it again and I could hear the sound cutting in and out. Didn't even take it out of park...

Could I have bought a bad AIC?
Could something on my truck have already screwed this one?

ZeusSVT
01-21-2009, 08:37 PM
Hmm that sucks. Not sure if it could be a bad one or not that you bought. Is the sound that you are hearing now definitely coming from the IAC. Do you have some one that can start and turn the truck off for you while you are under the hood like we did last night??

As far as something else it could be, not too sure. Maybe one of the more mechanically inclined people can help us out. I'm still a newb at this mechanic stuff. :icon_eek: I know the sound last night was definitely the IAC though.

0'Lightning
01-21-2009, 08:51 PM
I'm alone till my friends come by later tonight. It's the same sound, just not a loud. So I’m pretty sure it’s still the IAC. I just wonder if there is something wrong with my truck that could make them both go bad. I mean, I don’t even know if this one is bad... its just I can still hear the same noise but its cutting in and out. It didn't make the fading noise 2 out of the 4 shut offs. :confused:I guess I'll just drive it hoping the IAC settles in and the noise goes away. If it keeps making the sound I'll have to go a different route.

ZeusSVT
01-21-2009, 09:01 PM
Yeah man I am stumped, on such n easy thing....:confused:

I wish I knew more and could help. Maybe someone else would know more about whether it could be a bad one or not from the store. I haven't a clue. Sorry.. :tex

Mark #2
01-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Loose plug.

0'Lightning
01-21-2009, 09:32 PM
Loose plug.

:eek: Man I hope not

Mark #2
01-21-2009, 09:54 PM
:eek: Man I hope not
I would just check them, sounds under the hood can be a loose plug
Do not check them hot, wait at least 4 hours, preferably over night

0'Lightning
02-10-2009, 10:43 AM
I figured it out. The vacuum line outlined in green needs to be replaced.

http://i41.tinypic.com/s1l0sx.jpg