PDA

View Full Version : Love my Dicount Tire guy.

L8 APEX
01-17-2009, 10:36 PM
I just wanted to let folks know Brandt is alive and well at the Arlington store on Cooper across from the mall. I called him when I needed two tires today. he had them picked up from the warehouse and ready to install before I got there. No haggle great price and no deposit to order them.

Yo Wes, Brandt says you need to see him again soon. He said you shouldn't get any tickets headed to this location:D.
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6072/medium/0117091608a.jpg

http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/6072/medium/0117091608b.jpg

SVTlightning87
01-17-2009, 11:32 PM
My brother in law is in the discount tire commercial, he works at the one off 20 in GP, he has saves me tons of money on tires.

he's like at :24 seconds (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHylwIsYG3c&eurl=http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=180703771&blogID=313446657&feature=player_embedded)

L8 APEX
01-17-2009, 11:36 PM
We started with the Great Southwest store. Uncle Dave is a great guy. I just get better service and prices with Brandt. I hear there is a mostly new crew at GSW store from when we used them.

ZeusSVT
01-17-2009, 11:43 PM
What kind of prices are we talking for Nitto's. I'm about to need a new full set, with DR's on the back. :eek:

TXLIGHTNING
01-18-2009, 12:21 AM
I just bought 2 new Nitto 555dr from the local Discount Tire today. I printed the best price I could find on the internet $220 per tire, and they matched the price. What kind of price can I get from your guy TC?

Ohmsby
01-18-2009, 10:02 AM
Leon at the Denton store FTW:nana2

He should have got employee of the year based on my November tire buying rampage

4 nitto 555RII For the ZO6
2 Michellin pilot sport 2 for the Porch
4 BFG all Terrains for the Denali
4 BFG Mud Terrain KM2 for the Rangie

All of this in about a three week stretch, but to Terry's point the price and service is top knotch

dboat
01-18-2009, 10:41 AM

He should have got employee of the year based on my November tire buying rampage

All of this in about a three week stretch, but to Terry's point the price and service is top knotch

And your credit company is very happy that you did:twitch:... I appreciate your help in keeping our economy going as well.. :tu:

Dana

Ohmsby
01-18-2009, 11:52 AM
I am a $$ customer or at least I pay it off every month they only get the retailer contribution from my transactions

I used to be guilty of floating in my younger days on the credit but realized I was giving it away and worked towards the pay off every month and it is a happy place for sure

dboat
01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
I am a $$ customer or at least I pay it off every month they only get the retailer contribution from my transactions

I used to be guilty of floating in my younger days on the credit but realized I was giving it away and worked towards the pay off every month and it is a happy place for sure

I wouldnt have thought otherwise..

I pay mine off every month too.. I do the cc thing to get the points.. but even so, we are both trying our best to improve the economy.. :D:tu:

Dana

Silver_2000
01-18-2009, 12:30 PM

OT

does your Nitto look like this ?

its what I found when I searched Nitto site for the right size

my mistake - looks like that tire is an " invo " some new type
http://www.discounttire.com/product/tires/nithz0.ang.jpg

dboat
01-18-2009, 12:35 PM
OT

does your Nitto look like this ?

its what I found when I searched Nitto site for the right size

my mistake - looks like that tire is an " invo " some new type
http://www.discounttire.com/product/tires/nithz0.ang.jpg

just went over there and looked at it.. requires a 10" width rim to mount as well.. cool looking tire though..

dboat
01-18-2009, 12:38 PM
In looking at the Nitto tire website.. I see there is a 555dr and 555dr11.. I didnt realize :confused:there were two different models of 555r's...the latter being recommended for racing only applications while the former is approved for street and strip..

Dana

Silver_2000
01-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I think I found my next tires

http://postrelease.com/asset/view/277.jpg

Nitto Tire U.S.A., Inc., announces the release of its new summer max performance tire, the NT05. The NT05 is Nitto's most aggressive non-competition street tire. The tire gets its name from the fusion of two existing tires: the NT01, Nitto's D.O.T.-approved R-compound, and NT555, Nitto's popular UHP tire. The name signifies that the tire is based on the NT01's award-winning race technology but designed specifically for maximum street performance.

dboat
01-18-2009, 12:49 PM
I think I found my next tires

http://postrelease.com/asset/view/277.jpg

Nitto Tire U.S.A., Inc., announces the release of its new summer max performance tire, the NT05. The NT05 is Nitto's most aggressive non-competition street tire. The tire gets its name from the fusion of two existing tires: the NT01, Nitto's D.O.T.-approved R-compound, and NT555, Nitto's popular UHP tire. The name signifies that the tire is based on the NT01's award-winning race technology but designed specifically for maximum street performance.

nice... wonder how it does in the rain? or would the rain be for the Lexus?
Dana

Silver_2000
01-18-2009, 12:58 PM
nice... wonder how it does in the rain? or would the rain be for the Lexus?
Dana
If its raining when I leave the house I drive the Lexus

If you do a google search for that tire corvette forums come up as first links - lots of BUZZ

dboat
01-18-2009, 01:02 PM
If its raining when I leave the house I drive the Lexus

If you do a google search for that tire corvette forums come up as first links - lots of BUZZ

have many folks put them on and really liked them? :0fftopic

Dana

Silver_2000
01-18-2009, 04:54 PM
have many folks put them on and really liked them? :0fftopic

Dana

not out yet

Ohmsby
01-18-2009, 05:22 PM
saw this tire at SEMA it is very cool indeed I will probably do it when the 555RII wear out

dboat
01-18-2009, 05:33 PM
saw this tire at SEMA it is very cool indeed I will probably do it when the 555RII wear out

you run the 555RII's on the street?

Dana

Ohmsby
01-18-2009, 07:24 PM
on the ZO6 and I like em alot

dboat
01-18-2009, 07:29 PM
on the ZO6 and I like em alot

I thought they were just for track use only... whats the difference between them and the 555dr's?

Ohmsby
01-18-2009, 09:14 PM
stiffer sidewall the DR's are a drag tire and the sidewall is designed to give for max launch

These are DOT approved but I would not drive them in the rain or expect more than a few thousand miles duty

L8 APEX
01-18-2009, 10:03 PM
DOT comp tires do not have the elastomers in the compound to survive a high number of heat cycles, maybe a few dozen? Street tires release their stick chemicals more slowly so they last thousands of heat cycles without drying out.

dboat
01-18-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks, so they really arent for the street so much but rather for the track and if you needed to put them and drive them there, then ok.. but not really for daily driver usage.. at least thats what I get out of yours and Terry's posts.. thanks:tu:

Dana

ZeusSVT
01-19-2009, 02:51 AM
What kind of prices are we talking for Nitto's. I'm about to need a new full set, with DR's on the back. :eek:

My post I guess got kinda caught up in the mumbo jumbo yesterday. What is a good going price for the NItto's right now at you guys "hook up" in denton and arlington? Wanna see if my quote at the local frisco store is out of wack.

Ohmsby
01-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Call Leon Tell him I sent you over and not to screw you

I cant remember what I paid but the # was good when compared to others