PDA

View Full Version : F series

L8 APEX
12-10-2008, 08:20 PM
Watching a doc on Ford trucks.
They noted that all F series trucks accounted for 40% of all Ford vehicle sales I bet they miss that:icon_eek:. An article is USA today said they had the most cash in the bank of any US car maker.

dboat
12-10-2008, 10:38 PM
Watching a doc on Ford trucks.
They noted that all F series trucks accounted for 40% of all Ford vehicle sales I bet they miss that:icon_eek:. An article is USA today said they had the most cash in the bank of any US car maker.

They may pass on the bailout.. they had already started to make the hard decisions on closures and layoffs.. but they just might be back at the trough later in the year.. we shall see.

Dana

L8 APEX
12-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Some in congress did recommend the big use bankruptcy to get through this mess. That would help them a ton with the unions and retirement expenses.

dboat
12-11-2008, 10:41 AM
Some in congress did recommend the big use bankruptcy to get through this mess. That would help them a ton with the unions and retirement expenses.
absolutely.. because right now the unions arent giving an inch

tiffo60
12-11-2008, 10:45 AM
absolutely.. because right now the unions arent giving an inch

mob mentality

dboat
12-11-2008, 10:59 AM
Let me make this clear.. I am not anti union.. IF, the UAW is to be partners forever with the Big Three, I would have them become a large stockholder in the company. This way all of their negotiations would be buffered by the potential negative impact on the company. We might see them really change their outlook and try to improve the bottom line. Also, make union membership optional and union dues should go to zero.. If the revenue the union gets is from the stock they own, you might see them change their tune..

Dana

joshc_guitar
12-11-2008, 03:03 PM
thats a damn good idea