PDA

View Full Version : A little maint.

L8 APEX
10-25-2008, 08:41 PM
Well I have tried to catch up on the usual items. With 92K I called it the 90K service.
I changed the stock air filter. It probably had 60K on it. The truck ran noticeably better with the new filter.
Changed the fuel filters with the Wix high capacity filters. No water in the separators but there was the usual metal bits from the TFI tank.

changed oil, it was HELL to find Rotella 5-40 syn. Went to 5 stores it is like nobody carries it. I put 8K miles on it this time I will send it to Blackstone for testing.

Drained the tranny pan changed the roll filter and filled back with Mercon SP.

I had high fuel in my last Blackstone. I hope it went down this time...:icon_eek:

Oh yeah, another vote for getting old... Having been up since 5am and I nodded off under the truck on the creeper for about 20 minutes, lol...

GoldLS1
10-25-2008, 11:39 PM
Ahhhh reminds me I need to change my oil... where did ya end up finding the oil at?? I put factory mopar oil in the last time.

You dont have an aftermarket intake on it??

I've always been weary about changing tranny fluid/filter. I've heard stories both ways. My old camaro one died 11 days after I did that. However the L did just fine... any thoughts on this subject??

LOL... nothing wrong w/ a nap on the creeper!!

L8 APEX
10-26-2008, 06:23 AM
If you never change it don't start. If you change it every 30K do it.

One Wal Mart had it but after I bought 4 of them I went back yesterday and they puled the spot for it...

GoldLS1
10-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Hummmm... how many gal. does a ford take?? You needed more than 4?? Did you knock two over while napping?!?!?

L8 APEX
10-26-2008, 09:36 PM
@ 15qts so I buy 4 gal and have a little left over.