PDA

View Full Version : Sounds maintenance

L8 APEX
09-14-2008, 06:59 PM
First the batteries and now for the tunes.. My 4 channel amp for the doors is loosing one fricking channel, left front. I think a tweet is blown it fuzzes here and there... I guess nothing lasts forever..

GoldLS1
09-14-2008, 07:53 PM
Your just having all kinds of hell huh?

L8 APEX
09-14-2008, 09:13 PM
I got to stay positive right...

Oh yeah my TV tuner is analog so it will be worthless in a few months... No more Simpsons, family Guy, etc while towing a trailer, talking on the cell phone and speeding...

dboat
09-14-2008, 11:13 PM
I got to stay positive right...

Oh yeah my TV tuner is analog so it will be worthless in a few months... No more Simpsons, family Guy, etc while towing a trailer, talking on the cell phone and speeding...

get a coupon from the govt... to get you a digital converter..

Dana

L8 APEX
09-15-2008, 09:24 AM
THere is no converter for my mobile Kenwood reciever in the truck

dboat
09-15-2008, 11:33 AM
THere is no converter for my mobile Kenwood reciever in the truck

Oh, I was thinking you were living off of rabbit ears in the house.. btw, are you sure its the amp and not just the speaker? are the speakers stock?

tiffo60
09-15-2008, 12:23 PM
thats why i always buy from cartoys, you can get 4 year free replacement warranty, no questions asked..

mikelemoine
09-15-2008, 01:23 PM
First the batteries and now for the tunes.. My 4 channel amp for the doors is loosing one fricking channel, left front. I think a tweet is blown it fuzzes here and there... I guess nothing lasts forever..

Transistors usually either work or they don't, so if it plays sometimes it is probably something minor or connection related. If its intermittently kicking on and off its probaby just loose solder joints. Common problem due to heat and constant vibration in vehicles. Its easy to fix yourself, just pop it apart and go over the PC Board carefully with a magnifying glass and resolder any cracked or loose joints.