PDA

View Full Version : Adjustment for lowering kit?

microsuck
01-11-2003, 12:55 AM
Hey TC, I wanted to drop my '01 4" in the rear and 2" in the front. I found a kit for the rear that has 2" drop shackels and 2" drop spring mounts(for the front part of the leafs). If you use them together you get 4" drop in the rear. I also found a set of two 2" Eibach Progressive coil springs for the front. If I use them what kind of shiming and adjustments are needed, and posibly any new parts will be needed? Thanks.
Also, were you riding in a yellow stingray vette in richardson today? I thought I saw you. I was on my bike next to you at the light giving a thumbs up. Sorry to hear about Lingenfelter too.:( :(
Andrew

L8 APEX
01-11-2003, 01:16 AM
Not me dude, but I am sure he appreciated the greeting. Let me know how the kit turns out. Only thing you need is shocks because stock will bottom out the piston, and bump stops. That much drop will be riding ON the factory bump stops. The sway bars will be out of alignment but most people leave them that way.

microsuck
01-11-2003, 01:28 AM
got any shocks laying arround your place? if not, will you make a suggestion for amodel that will suit my setup? could i just cut the bump stops a bit shorter?
andrew

L8 APEX
01-11-2003, 01:45 AM
Yeah the fronts are almost gone by the time they clear. Shocks.. The Beltech Nitro's fit but the valving sucks. Hal QA1's work great but they are @750 a set. I am trying some Ground Force shocks next week I will see how they are valved.

microsuck
01-11-2003, 02:03 AM
let me know how the ground force's do. I know where I can get a set for dirt cheap. would I really need new shocks if I only did a 2" drop? 4" is understandable, but you know how much play is in our suspension far better than I. Also, I may go ahead and replace my rods before I can blow them. I will be pushing over 450hp at the wheels (on bottle)with my setup. Do you think I should just take my chances or just fork out the cash and change them?
Andrew:confused:

Red2002
01-11-2003, 02:14 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by L8 APEX
The Beltech Nitro's fit but the valving sucks.

Yup.