PDA

View Full Version : Blackberry and Outlook

dboat
08-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Ok, I have a Blackberry that I am running my work via some enterprise solution on for email, caledar, etc.. Since I own it, it also has one of my personal email addresses tied to it.. however, I dont know how to get it to pick up my personal calendar function from Outlook on my personal pc.. anyone know how to do that?

WA 2 FST
08-07-2008, 08:24 PM
Should be in the Blackberry Setup Menu. Once in that menu go to Personal Email Setup and you should be able to do it from there.

dboat
08-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Should be in the Blackberry Setup Menu. Once in that menu go to Personal Email Setup and you should be able to do it from there.

thanks, I'll give it a try in the morning and let you know.. I dont want to tackle that right now.

Silver_2000
08-07-2008, 10:45 PM
THe calendar on the BB connects to EITHER the Bes ( corporate ) calendar OR the personal calandar

NOT both - and your IT people can restrict your access to changing the calendar

dboat
08-08-2008, 07:42 AM
THe calendar on the BB connects to EITHER the Bes ( corporate ) calendar OR the personal calandar

NOT both - and your IT people can restrict your access to changing the calendar

thats what I was thinking too.. that aint right but since they actually pay me some money to run this thing, then I guess I will let them be the master over the calendar..

Thanks Doug

Silver_2000
08-08-2008, 07:55 AM
I just put my personal stuff on my corporate calendar -

In our case we use Lotus Notes - I can even send myself an invite from Outlook and I can accept it in Notes and it will appear in Notes calendar

dboat
08-08-2008, 07:59 AM
I just put my personal stuff on my corporate calendar -

In our case we use Lotus Notes - I can even send myself an invite from Outlook and I can accept it in Notes and it will appear in Notes calendar

I have thought about that.. I use my personal computer to do all my reservations and other stuff and put the hotel, car rental and flight info on my personal calendar.. so unless I use the corporate computer to do that, I dont think I can pass it over.. I prefer the personal computer so that its easier for me to keep track of receipts, miles, etc.

Thanks
Dana

Silver_2000
08-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Its easy just invite your business account and accept the invitations

dboat
08-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Its easy just invite your business account and accept the invitations

Well, my business account only got a blank email.. let me work on it again.

Thanks
Dana

dboat
08-08-2008, 10:02 AM
Well, it doesnt look like I can make it work, but I appreciate everyone trying to help me out on this one..

Thanks
Dana