PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: In need of complete running engine - MERGED

MachineAddict
07-09-2008, 02:20 PM
My L was at a shop...the dumbasses left a ton of my parts in the bed after tearing down. They don't want to take any responsibility for their actions (leaving the tonneau and tailgate unlocked....claiming their security cameras were broken at the time). It was later vandalized (keyed and dented) and the headlights, taillights, 3rd brake light, corner lights, and grille were taken. When the theives opened the tonneau cover to lower the tailgate to steal the tails...they saw an aftermarket part treasure chest and pretty much cleaned me out.

To make a long story short, I need a complete longblock from an '01 or newer Lightning including the s/c and upper intake. I need to get the truck running again so I can have my insurance fix the body and I can trade it in and get me something more practical and not attracted by thieves. Mileage doesn't matter.....I don't have alot to spend since I'm still paying full coverage and the monthly payment on a truck I can't drive......but throw something my way please.

Here's a few pics so you can see what I've had to deal with.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo7.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo5.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo4.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo3.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo-1.jpg

Thanks Guys. :(

MachineAddict
07-09-2008, 02:21 PM
My L was at a shop...the dumbasses left a ton of my parts in the bed after tearing down. They don't want to take any responsibility for their actions (leaving the tonneau and tailgate unlocked....claiming their security cameras were broken at the time). It was later vandalized (keyed and dented) and the headlights, taillights, 3rd brake light, corner lights, and grille were taken. When the theives opened the tonneau cover to lower the tailgate to steal the tails...they saw an aftermarket part treasure chest and pretty much cleaned me out.

To make a long story short, I need a complete longblock from an '01 or newer Lightning including the s/c and upper intake. I need to get the truck running again so I can have my insurance fix the body and I can trade it in and get me something more practical and not attracted by thieves. Mileage doesn't matter.....I don't have alot to spend since I'm still paying full coverage and the monthly payment on a truck I can't drive......but throw something my way please.

Here's a few pics so you can see what I've had to deal with.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo7.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo5.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo4.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo3.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MachineAddict/photo-1.jpg

Thanks Guys. :(

tiffo60
07-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh thats :bs

There insurance company should cover all the costs, I would sue there arse's if there not owning up to Liability:throw::flaming::gatling:

98Cobra
07-09-2008, 03:11 PM
File with your insurance. They will probably go after the shops insurance. And certainly your deductable is cheaper than a new motor.

TXLIGHTNING
07-09-2008, 04:09 PM
Its not complete but I think BC still has this motor. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15476

wesman
07-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Is there a reason why you aren't making an insurance claim ?

--wes

BC Lightning
07-09-2008, 09:21 PM
Its not complete but I think BC still has this motor. http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15476

still sitting on the engine stand

my2002lightning
07-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Sounds like an inside job. :mad: Sorry to hear about your L and the thieves.:hammer:

MachineAddict
07-10-2008, 07:10 PM
I had them install a re-man engine last July. I went with them because they were going to warranty their work and the motor with my aftermarket stuff for 2 years. Well that motor lasted 4 months and blew....I took it back to them and it sat on their lot for a while before they were able to tear it down. They finally did and pretty much said I was screwed because of the aftermarket parts, even though they installed them and I have all the warranty info they gave me when I paid out the ticket. Then a few days later it was vandalized....the shop didn't call me to notify me of this, instead I was passing by and since I missed my truck I happened to look over and saw my headlights were gone, I doubled back around and noticed the rest. The shop claims to not be insured, but a friend from work called up and pretended to have a car that needed a trans, but he told them he'd feel more at ease with an insured shop...they said "oh we're insured". So they're lying to someone. My insurance can't collect from them because they're not giving us their information...but will cover my body damage and missing parts. The only problem is that my insurance is not responsible for the block I bought from them and the shop won't begin body repairs until the motor is running.

Sounds like an inside job to me as well. It's called "Deceitful Trade Practice", but my lawyer advised me not to hire her until I find out if they're insured. We can win the case, but if they're not insured then I may never collect. I've filed a claim with the BBB and so far things are moving waaaaay slow. Since this was my DD, I need to get it running and get it out of my hands.

I hope this all makes sense, I was typing in a hurry. Any other questions and I'd be glad to answer.

We have any attorneys on the board? haha

BC, how much for the motor and what all is missing?

Thanks guys.

Silver_2000
07-10-2008, 07:59 PM
I had them install a re-man engine last July. I went with them because they were going to warranty their work and the motor with my aftermarket stuff for 2 years. Well that motor lasted 4 months and blew....I took it back to them and it sat on their lot for a while before they were able to tear it down. They finally did and pretty much said I was screwed because of the aftermarket parts, even though they installed them and I have all the warranty info they gave me when I paid out the ticket. Then a few days later it was vandalized....the shop didn't call me to notify me of this, instead I was passing by and since I missed my truck I happened to look over and saw my headlights were gone, I doubled back around and noticed the rest. The shop claims to not be insured, but a friend from work called up and pretended to have a car that needed a trans, but he told them he'd feel more at ease with an insured shop...they said "oh we're insured". So they're lying to someone. My insurance can't collect from them because they're not giving us their information...but will cover my body damage and missing parts. The only problem is that my insurance is not responsible for the block I bought from them and the shop won't begin body repairs until the motor is running.

Sounds like an inside job to me as well. It's called "Deceitful Trade Practice", but my lawyer advised me not to hire her until I find out if they're insured. We can win the case, but if they're not insured then I may never collect. I've filed a claim with the BBB and so far things are moving waaaaay slow. Since this was my DD, I need to get it running and get it out of my hands.

I hope this all makes sense, I was typing in a hurry. Any other questions and I'd be glad to answer.

We have any attorneys on the board? haha

BC, how much for the motor and what all is missing?

Thanks guys.
Its your ins companies job to fight this for you - THEY will figure out if they are insured - insured or not they are responsible - sic em

98Cobra
07-10-2008, 08:00 PM
the insurance shouldnt have to cover the aftermarket parts, but if the engine has been outright stolen - basically they should cover getting you another block, but maybe not the labor to get it installed. You should ask that attorney...

wesman
07-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Why did the police not gather the insurance info with you when you filed the police reports? I assume you did that ? This one seems to easy to me.....they're screwed, insured or not. Just because someone doesn't carry insurance doesn't mean they aren't responsible for damages/negligence.

Keep on em

--wes

MachineAddict
07-11-2008, 12:12 AM
Why did the police not gather the insurance info with you when you filed the police reports? I assume you did that ? This one seems to easy to me.....they're screwed, insured or not. Just because someone doesn't carry insurance doesn't mean they aren't responsible for damages/negligence.

Keep on em

--wes

It wasn't brought to my attention at the time of the report. I have never been through anything like this so I was kinda flippin' out. I agree with you that just cuz they're not insured doesn't mean they're not responsible....but it's one thing to point fingers, it's another thing to get them to pay up. I've talked to two attorneys and both say the case is solid, and that all the proof is there.....but if they're not insured they could keep filing legal paperwork to postpone paying out for at least two years.

the insurance shouldnt have to cover the aftermarket parts, but if the engine has been outright stolen - basically they should cover getting you another block, but maybe not the labor to get it installed. You should ask that attorney...

Yep, I found that out already. I needed a seperate policy to get my aftermarket parts covered......but in this case, all the aftermarket parts will be replaced with Ford OEM parts. (my CAI will be replaced with a stock airbox....things like that)

The engine wasn't stolen completely, luckily the shop only left the good parts in the bed unsecured and had the blown up block locked away nicely in their shop........convenient ehh?

Its your ins companies job to fight this for you - THEY will figure out if they are insured - insured or not they are responsible - sic em

They'll fight to collect the money they pay out to me...but as far as them giving me any insurance information to collect further for what wasn't covered under my policy, I just don't see that happening. I'm going to keep at it.......I was just going to bite the bullet and let it go.....but after hearing their lies (they told my company that the truck wasn't on their lot....told the BBB that I didn't pay for the initial repairs and I tried to make a false claim to my insurance....even gave out my SVTP s/n and stated I had "incriminating posts admitting that I raced it" --------- of course I raced it...but by the time I got it back from their shop in July, our track was closed and I don't visit the 1/8th)

I'm going to pursue this til I run out of the funds to do so. I believe I'm going to purchase the block from BC as well. Any reason you guys can think of to keep it after it's running again? lol I'm sure once I see it in once shiny red piece again.....I'll fall in love again. But no more modding on a stock block....Screw that. :rolleyes:

Thanks for everything and if you guys can think of anything else to help the case....please let me know, I'll keep you updated with the BBB claim.

L8 APEX
07-11-2008, 02:03 AM
I see two choices.
You can file a claim with your company and get it fixed back to stock.
Or you can scour for used parts and pay for it out of pocket.
The shop isn't going to pay or not for a very long time. Most shop keepers policies only cover property INSIDE the building. At least that is the way our policy was. We covered a few windows and stereos out of kindness.

MOST shops have clear signs stating not responsible for damage, theft or fire to vehicles. When I go to the dealer I see the not responsible for theft, damage, fire, missing items etc signs. They have a ton of insurance and still don't cover you.
The billion dollar hotel chain I work for have signs all over every property stating not responsible for theft, damage, loss... During the Byron we had dozens of cars hit for clubs etc. We didn't buy a single club.

The moral to the story is carry your own insurance and use it. You won't get anything out of a shady shop like that.
PS: All aftermarket parts are cheaper than OEM parts. Maybe you will find a repair shop that will slip a few aftermarket pieces in there for you. Of course it is a lot easier to sell or trade a stock truck.

MachineAddict
07-11-2008, 01:18 PM
I see two choices.
You can file a claim with your company and get it fixed back to stock.
Or you can scour for used parts and pay for it out of pocket.
The shop isn't going to pay or not for a very long time. Most shop keepers policies only cover property INSIDE the building. At least that is the way our policy was. We covered a few windows and stereos out of kindness.

MOST shops have clear signs stating not responsible for damage, theft or fire to vehicles. When I go to the dealer I see the not responsible for theft, damage, fire, missing items etc signs. They have a ton of insurance and still don't cover you.
The billion dollar hotel chain I work for have signs all over every property stating not responsible for theft, damage, loss... During the Byron we had dozens of cars hit for clubs etc. We didn't buy a single club.

The moral to the story is carry your own insurance and use it. You won't get anything out of a shady shop like that.
PS: All aftermarket parts are cheaper than OEM parts. Maybe you will find a repair shop that will slip a few aftermarket pieces in there for you. Of course it is a lot easier to sell or trade a stock truck.

Yes sir, I believe I'm going back to stock and leaving it. They didn't have any signs and other shops usually make you sign a waiver or whatever when you leave your vehicle in their care...but not these guys. AFTER my truck was messed up and I returned then they had signs that stated they weren't responsible for vehicles left more than 3 days. However, when my truck was there for the initial repairs....it took 2 weeks before they even started it. The attorney I spoke with said that if it's on their property waiting to be repaired or waiting for them to look at it....it's in their care, custody, and control and they are responsible no matter how long it's there or whether it's inside or out and that they should know their scheduled repairs and if they were concerned something may happen...they shouldn't even accept the vehicle til they had time to begin repairs as soon as it hit their lot. I understand there are alot of disclaimers and such, but I just can't see how they (or any shop) can be so inconsiderate of other peoples property to just leave thousands of dollars worth of parts in the bed of a truck, not locked, and not have their security cameras working and then be able to hide behind that BS of "well we had a sign posted". If that's the case then any crooked employee (or in this case i feel it's a crooked owner) could see any vehicle or any part on said vehicle they liked and steal whatever they wanted and never have to face any liability because they're protected by their disclaimer. I just can't see how that's fair to me or any consumer in my situation.

blue03
07-30-2008, 10:34 PM
sale-774537930@craigslist.org (sale-774537930@craigslist.org?subject=2002%20lightining %20truck%20fast.%20-%20$8000%20(houston,tx)) 2002 that has been wrecked, but he is still driving it.