PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Lightning FOR SALE

AggieSVT
04-26-2002, 09:08 AM
Well, do to another addition to my family, I am considering letting the Lightning go:( It is a white 2001 with the factory tonneau cover and has 7400 miles on it, oil changed at 2500, 5000. It is lightly modified with chip, pulleys, filter, tinted windows and lighted ford emblems. Garaged entire time I have had it and not a scratch on it. Just need to consider selling it. Any one interested, please email me at Doug.CTR.Bramlett@faa.gov. I haven't even researched what I want to ask for it, but it will probably be right at 30K or what I owe on it.

L8 APEX
04-26-2002, 06:16 PM
You'll be keeping it. I hate to sound harsh but every time a L owner puts his truck on here it is "priced to keep". 01's are wholesale/trade in low 20's retail mid 20's. X-plan on a new L is 28.8K. Mods are worth little in others eyes and usually a liability. Of course if I were to sell mine I would want 38 for all the mods I have done.
Brembo brakes $4K
Level 10 trans and converter $3K
1000W MP3 stereo system 10" sub $2500
Two sets of wheels race tires $2K
Bedcover $950
High perf. suspension $2K
Wet Okole seat covers 312
Radar, laser jammers detectors 700 bucks
Spray in liner 300
Filter chip and pulley another 1K
Electric fan and water pump 550
Exhaust 300
And what about her ferrocious feeding habits 2 sets of tires a year, 3 or 4 sets of brake pads and Brembo pads are 200 a set cost! 1 transmission rebuild a year... And I only drive it on the weekends:confused:

Damn I better quit putting crap on this truck that is already over 14K or something!:eek:

MadMax
04-26-2002, 06:50 PM
Hint....go to e-bay. You will notice auctions for over MSRP of Lightning vehicles. Who will pay the most over MSRP for a Lightning in Houston? This indicates that Lightning's are a hot commodity in the Houston Metro Area. One dealer (Mac Haik) bidding on sellers vehicles to be re sold on their lots...personally I would look into this...I do believe D/FW is a very soft market with the high tech meltdown...there are about 40,000 layoffs in Telecom at the current time...

X PLAN.....schmeck plan...is this not for Ford Employees??? :confused:

i see alot of rhetoric about X Plan...how many actually paid X Plan prices remains to be seen... :bs

Crawford
04-27-2002, 07:06 PM
I got mine on X-Plan + $1000. Got the plan over the Internet and ordered the truck from NorthCentralFord. I found a couple other dealerships that would Xplan in the Dallas area but they wanted to rip me off on my trade. The 1000 on top of X plan and the good deal on the trade won me over! :burnout:

AggieSVT
05-07-2002, 10:59 AM
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the advice. L8-Apex is sort of right. I will ASK 29K for it with all mods and stock stuff in box. I don't think that is too far off. As far as the X-plan pricing, although those deals are out there(on occasion), most people can't or don't have the time to deal with all the crap to go through to get one. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but isnt X-plan + 1000 close to invoice if not over? I have looked into the wholesale, trade-in , and retail pricing of the L's in the DFW area. I have played the new truck/car buying game many times before and if you get a good price on the new vehicle, they will cut your throat on the trade, or vice versa. You just have to keep looking for the right deal for you. I DON'T really have to sell it, but it would be nice to get out from under the payments. Therefore, I will check into the Houston dealers(thanks MadMax) and try my luck with my price. The DFW dealers have already shown their unwillingness to even discuss a decent price. I have some friends down around one of Mak Haik's dealerships and they might can go by there for me. Don't want to sound harsh, but I gotta cut my losses and I am not going to take a hit on this clean/(rare if you want to call it that) well kept truck. :tu: It's all good guys:burnout: