View Full Version : Not making L Fest this year.

L8 APEX
05-19-2008, 06:20 PM
Well it looks like this will be the first year I miss L Fest. It is a whole combination of things that come into play. I don't have enough vacation time at the new job yet. I may have to take my leave for a knee surgery this summer. Plus the timing change isn't good for me. I know they wanted to increase attendance for folks with kids in school. But how does holding it on the weekend before most schools start help? I figured most folks with kids would be spending and preparing their kids for the first day of school that Monday. It may also be a hundred degrees in August which will slow the trucks and people down. I hate to let my people down, but I don't think it will work for me this year.

dboat
05-19-2008, 06:22 PM
Well it looks like this will be the first year I miss L Fest. It is a whole combination of things that come into play. I don't have enough vacation time at the new job yet. I may have to take my leave for a knee surgery this summer. Plus the timing change isn't good for me. I know they wanted to increase attendance for folks with kids in school. But how does holding it on the weekend before most schools start help? I figured most folks with kids would be spending and preparing their kids for the first day of school that Monday. It may also be a hundred degrees in August which will slow the trucks and people down. I hate to let my people down, but I don't think it will work for me this year.

Terry, Kim and I will swing down and put a lawn chair on top of the tonneau for you to ride up with us..

Dana

03LightningRocks
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM

Yep...I'm out too. Bad time of year for me. The move to August was stupid. I really believe it had more to do with what worked for the volunteers setting up L-Fest than it had to do with the attendees in general. For all those years the kids school schedule didn't create any problems for more than a hundred trucks. Now suddenly it's an issue...what the fock ever. Hell, I don't even like kids, why the hell would I want to spend two days with the little bastards at a race track in hobokin missery?

Silver_2000
05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Maybe it had to do with the fact that all the other "good" weekends were taken by the time the event was picked back up ...

L8 APEX
05-19-2008, 08:28 PM
Maybe it had to do with the fact that all the other "good" weekends were taken by the time the event was picked back up ...
This is the NLOC post I was referring to... I like Doug's idea better though;)
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/L_Fest.JPG
http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/lightningfest-6-general-information-only/167011-lightningfest-6-date-location.html

03LightningRocks
05-19-2008, 08:53 PM
LOL....I was just thinking about how much oompapa is going to like this years event.:evil

Be sure and keep an eye on the kiddies when he is around.

L8 APEX
05-19-2008, 08:54 PM
Oh snap! It's the gay Oompapa, hide yo kids!:rll:

Silver_2000
05-19-2008, 08:59 PM
This is the NLOC post I was referring to... I like Doug's idea better though;)
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/data/500/L_Fest.JPG
http://www.nloc.net/vbforum/lightningfest-6-general-information-only/167011-lightningfest-6-date-location.html

This is typically a no spin zone - pretty much - The previous weekend was reserved by dwight on an on going basis - almost as soon as Dwight told the track that he wasn't doing Lfest that weekend was taken by someone else.

That left the remaining weekends to pick from

L8 APEX
05-19-2008, 09:02 PM
damn, I've been spun:eek: :hammer: It is a conspiracy, where's my foil:tex

wesman
05-20-2008, 08:42 PM
I bet a lot of folks will be out this year....especially with the gas prices going up and people seem to be tightening up a bit on the non-essentials.

--wes

dboat
05-20-2008, 09:20 PM
I bet a lot of folks will be out this year....especially with the gas prices going up and people seem to be tightening up a bit on the non-essentials.

--wes

I am betting the same thing too.. so it will be that much easier to pick up a trophy and make a magazine article.. :tu:

L8 APEX
05-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Check out that guys signature. It says L Fest cost 62K and counting:icon_eek:.

I canceled my Memorial Day trip due to fuel prices... I am not happy about that.:icon_rolleyes:

Chris94L
05-20-2008, 11:02 PM

I canceled my Memorial Day trip due to fuel prices... I am not happy about that.:icon_rolleyes:
Believe that is because he has bought a new truck every year on the way

Ohmsby
05-21-2008, 09:38 AM
maybe the oompapa will go thong this year

99WhiteBeast
05-21-2008, 09:57 AM

Your not right:nono:

dboat
05-21-2008, 10:18 AM

John, you are looking forward to that arent you?:evil :nono:

Dana

03LightningRocks
05-21-2008, 04:24 PM

Join the club Terry. My truck is sitting on an 1/8th tank and I am having to wait for my second mortgage to come through so I can afford the next fill up. This sh!t is getting stupid!

99WhiteBeast
05-21-2008, 05:00 PM
I don't think I'm going to make it either. We doing a family trip to Wally World in September. The ole family trukster gets terrible MPG:burnout:

03LightningRocks
05-21-2008, 05:16 PM
I don't think I'm going to make it either. We doing a family trip to Wally World in September. The ole family trukster gets terrible MPG:burnout:

The Griswolds are on the road again!!!! http://www.riverblue.com/hughes/griswoldswave.jpg

Mark #2
05-21-2008, 07:16 PM
The Griswolds are on the road again!!!! http://www.riverblue.com/hughes/griswoldswave.jpg

I went to the Prom in that car, I posted a picture years ago.

dboat
05-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Join the club Terry. My truck is sitting on an 1/8th tank and I am having to wait for my second mortgage to come through so I can afford the next fill up. This sh!t is getting stupid!

Actually due to the little amount I drive any car but esp the L.. I am thinking I better start putting fuel stabilizer in it when I fill it up.. dang..

wesman
05-21-2008, 09:44 PM

We're heading down to Brownsville/Mexico for the long weekend, the gas prices aren't going to rob me of fun. It sucks that folks have to change their lives because of this crap.

--wes

L8 APEX
05-21-2008, 10:08 PM
Have fun and be safe, make fun of those who can't drink:D.
American Airlines is charging 15 bucks for even 1 piece of checked luggage..:icon_eek:

I think we are going to save up what we would spend on Memorial Day, July 4th, and Labor Day and have one ATV trip this summer... I am looking at job postings again. With the higher cost of living I need to make another 20 grand a year to be able to live decent.:rolleyes:

TP Derrick D
05-22-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm probably out again also. Sux I went to first 2 and have had to miss all since due to medical & family emergencies,and having to make unplanned trips to Alabama. Due to my back surgery late last year and living on disability insurance, all the "just for fun" items gets scratched first for mortgage,food, TXU & Chevron weekly-monthly...:icon_frown:speaking about gas prices, heard on radio today that some "expert" that follow the gas situtation says we can expect gas to go to $10-12 a gal. in 8-10 years as gas becomes less plentiful. Talk about thieving barbarics....we haven't seen anything yet if that happen...except Mel Gibson rolling a tanker full of gas(sand) getting chased by gas warriors.

dboat
05-22-2008, 05:31 PM
I'm probably out again also. Sux I went to first 2 and have had to miss all since due to medical & family emergencies,and having to make unplanned trips to Alabama. Due to my back surgery late last year and living on disability insurance, all the "just for fun" items gets scratched first for mortgage,food, TXU & Chevron weekly-monthly...:icon_frown:speaking about gas prices, heard on radio today that some "expert" that follow the gas situtation says we can expect gas to go to $10-12 a gal. in 8-10 years as gas becomes less plentiful. Talk about thieving barbarics....we haven't seen anything yet if that happen...except Mel Gibson rolling a tanker full of gas(sand) getting chased by gas warriors.

the conjecture on gas prices is way out of hand.. who knows what it is going to be? at that price there will be a lot of other alternatives..

Dana

TP Derrick D
05-22-2008, 08:02 PM
the conjecture on gas prices is way out of hand.. who knows what it is going to be? at that price there will be a lot of other alternatives..

Dana

dana,
After I posted that I watched ABC Evening news and they had a prediction as high as $15gal:eek:....a sedan that get 31mpg that drove 60mi round trip daily looking at $58wkly, an SUV that get 20mpg pays $90wkly for same trip. Move that round trip to 90mi. and the sedan goes to $75 I believe, and the SUV goes to $135 weekly!!!!!:mad:.. double:flaming: and even a little:crying:

03LightningRocks
05-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Gas could be 10-12 bucks a gallon in 10 years. I don't believe gas will be the main source of automotive fuel in 10 years.

TP Derrick D
05-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Gas could be 10-12 bucks a gallon in 10 years. I don't believe gas will be the main source of automotive fuel in 10 years.

I have been trying to follow this and you may be on to something , I don't know about in that short of time tho. Today on the news they also mentioned about slowing or stopping filling the reserve. About a month ago one of my neighbors told me there is a reserve built up to last the US for 75 years and the foreign countries are ticked and continue to raise prices and slow production saying if we don't use our reserve they gonna force us to stop hording it by killing the economy. Don't know if its true, but right now I would not doubt it to be true.

dboat
05-22-2008, 09:08 PM
dana,
After I posted that I watched ABC Evening news and they had a prediction as high as $15gal:eek:....a sedan that get 31mpg that drove 60mi round trip daily looking at $58wkly, an SUV that get 20mpg pays $90wkly for same trip. Move that round trip to 90mi. and the sedan goes to $75 I believe, and the SUV goes to $135 weekly!!!!!:mad:.. double:flaming: and even a little:crying:

Derrick, and if this were truly the case, no one could afford to go to work.. at least in todays dollars..

dboat
05-22-2008, 09:10 PM
I have been trying to follow this and you may be on to something , I don't know about in that short of time tho. Today on the news they also mentioned about slowing or stopping filling the reserve. About a month ago one of my neighbors told me there is a reserve built up to last the US for 75 years and the foreign countries are ticked and continue to raise prices and slow production saying if we don't use our reserve they gonna force us to stop hording it by killing the economy. Don't know if its true, but right now I would not doubt it to be true.

Most of the strategic reserve is located in salt domes in Louisiana.. IIRC and it is enough to just carry us for a very short period of time.. enough to cover a very short interruption.. not for any 75 years or even 75 weeks..

Dana

look it up, the data is all out there

wesman
05-22-2008, 09:34 PM
Most of the strategic reserve is located in salt domes in Louisiana.. IIRC and it is enough to just carry us for a very short period of time.. enough to cover a very short interruption.. not for any 75 years or even 75 weeks..

Dana

look it up, the data is all out there

yeah, the reserves are like 3 months worth if I remember correctly.

--wes

03LightningRocks
05-23-2008, 12:00 AM
On top of that, the military has dibs on the strategic reserves. While we are all freaking out over the cost of gas to get to work, just imagine the cost to the military. They don't know the meaning of high efficiency. I don't remember off the top of my head the exact rate of fuel consumption for a fighter jet, but I do remember reading something about it being x gallons per minute. Imagine how much fuel is sucked up each and every day by the military alone. There is going to come a day of reckoning for us all. They damn well better come up with some other form of fuel. Maybe this is what we all needed to knock off our bullsh!t.

L8 APEX
05-23-2008, 12:29 AM
Good point Rocks, wars have been lost by running out of fuel in battle. I don't think the military gets more than 6mpg in anything they own. We should be getting a free tanker a week from Iraq for life... USA Today says Iraq is buying 3 billion in US arms for their defense..

TP Derrick D
05-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Yeah I hear you guys, but I was just re-speaking what the news said and you know if it was on TV you have to believe it because it was right..no doubt about it..:rll:and yeah Dana they also was saying at those prices all the way the he!! out in the boonies surburbanities will be moving back closer to the cities.Well I put the way the he!! out part in but its what they meant when they mention hours of commute time to a city for work. You're right about the military, when I was in 20+ years ago we just go to the fuel point, top off, fill in the numbers on the log book and roll out. I drove and/or was in charge of M151 Jeep, M535 2 1/2 ton,M825 & M923 5 tons, M113 APC w/1059 smoke conversion and of course the HUMVEE and yep guzzle gas but they are big, heavy vehicles. I believe the M1A1 Abrams gets 1mpg if I remember correctly Rocks. For some reason 15 gal per min when they kick in afterburners on a fighter sticks in my head.

StormShadow
05-23-2008, 08:00 AM
I drive my company vehicle home everyday so everytime gas goes up its like im getting a raise!

L8 APEX
05-23-2008, 04:22 PM
I drive my company vehicle home everyday so everytime gas goes up its like im getting a raise!
Your company will probably stay that way which is great. I have seen two or three service companies stop or charge to take home trucks. They took trucks from the refrigeration supervisor. If he has to go on site he has to check out a vehicle. Whataburger is charging their techs 100 bucks a month for vehicle use. That deal is getting better and better every day. Anyone past 25 miles from the shop has to leave their van at the shop and drive in to pick it up. Even back when gas was cheap we had a tech that lived in Benbrook. The boss made him a deal and he left his van half way in Arlington at his daughters house each night.
I put 120 bucks in my van today, I guarantee you they are watching:tex

L8 APEX
05-23-2008, 04:29 PM
Your company will probably stay that way which is great. I have seen two or three service companies stop or charge to take home trucks. They took a take home truck from the refrigeration supervisor. If he has to go on site he has to check out a vehicle. Whataburger is charging their techs 100 bucks a month for vehicle use. That deal is getting better and better every day. Anyone past 25 miles from the shop has to leave their van at the shop and drive in to pick it up. Even back when gas was cheap we had a tech that lived in Benbrook. The boss made him a deal and he left his van half way in Arlington at his daughters house each night.
I put 120 bucks in my van today, I guarantee you they are watching:tex

03LightningRocks
05-25-2008, 04:03 AM
Your right Terry...technicians that drive company vehicles home is becoming a serious issue. We have trackers on all our trucks and up until the last year only really checked them if we had a reason to suspect improper usage. Now we watch them all the time. It is amazing to see guys who claim honesty and integrity, using company vehicles to run personal errands when they are suppose to be off the clock. Somehow stealing gas in this manner is not dishonest? I am presently on a personal mission to convince my fellow company owners to stop allowing drive home trucks. Right now techs can run to another company if we refuse to let them take trucks home. It's a problem for all of us and we are all waiting to see who blinks first.

REXRENEGADE
05-28-2008, 11:21 PM
Is anyone from Talon going?
:icon_confused:

SILVER2000SVT
05-29-2008, 06:41 AM
I was planning to go, but my transmission just let me know this weekend that it's going out. My trip money will be going toward that instead.
:icon_cry:

dboat
05-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Is anyone from Talon going?
:icon_confused:

as of now, I plan on going..

L8 APEX
05-29-2008, 07:53 AM
We just need to have a Glen family racing reunion locally in the fall.:tu:

Mark #2
05-29-2008, 08:15 PM
With no trailers going and my stock block on kill for so many years.

I don't think I will risk it this year, even as much as "The Kressler" enjoys this event...and he trophied last year.:rolleyes:
It would be too costly to get it home.

nacklas
05-29-2008, 11:15 PM
We just need to have a Glen family racing reunion locally in the fall.:tu:

+1:tu:

MJ351
06-01-2008, 04:34 PM
To the TALON Crew,

I certainly hope you guys will join us, and for those who have voiced that they will not be attending, I hope you will reconsider.

Preparations are moving along smoothly, we have once again picked up Johnny Lightning Performance (JLP) as our True Street sponsor! ADAMS Polishes is our Show & Shine sponsor this year!

We also have a great bunch of associate sponsors who have provided us with all kinds of goodies.

Thanks for your support!

Mike
LightningFest 6 Event coordinator

dboat
06-05-2008, 09:40 AM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/335674/water_fueled_torch/

tiffo60
06-05-2008, 09:45 AM
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/335674/water_fueled_torch/

I can see it costing 100 bucks to water my front yard:tu:

Silver_2000
06-05-2008, 09:58 AM
And how much electricity does his process use to make his magical HH0
?

the question has always been how much energy IN to get how much energy OUT

Ethanol is a negative - More energy in than we get out

HHO is likely the same

dboat
06-05-2008, 10:01 AM
I can see it costing 100 bucks to water my front yard:tu:

yes but only $5 to fill up your gas tank..

03LightningRocks
06-05-2008, 05:58 PM
To the TALON Crew,

I certainly hope you guys will join us, and for those who have voiced that they will not be attending, I hope you will reconsider.

Preparations are moving along smoothly, we have once again picked up Johnny Lightning Performance (JLP) as our True Street sponsor! ADAMS Polishes is our Show & Shine sponsor this year!

We also have a great bunch of associate sponsors who have provided us with all kinds of goodies.

Thanks for your support!

Mike
LightningFest 6 Event coordinator

OK...who is the weeny that snitched out this thread to the organizer? :rolleyes:

L8 APEX
06-05-2008, 09:41 PM
At todays prices it would be 600 bucks in diesel just to haul there and back.

Silver_2000
06-05-2008, 10:16 PM
OK...who is the weeny that snitched out this thread to the organizer? :rolleyes:
He has been watching us - I was wondering how long it would take - SOme years we have been nearly 1/3 of the attendance - hes dumb not to check in

L8 APEX
06-05-2008, 10:26 PM
I was thinking the same thing. We have always had the largest group by along shot. If less than a handful of us are going I can only imagine the turnout this year. I hope someone has fun this year.:(

Mark #2
06-05-2008, 10:37 PM
What was the largest convoy we rolled, I am thinking 22 after the Kansas Turnpike stop?

L8 APEX
06-05-2008, 10:46 PM
What was the largest convoy we rolled, I am thinking 22 after the Kansas Turnpike stop?
2003 in Topeka was prolly the biggest group 25-29ish. There were 5-6 that booked and left the rest of us behind...
We were weak last year.

03LightningRocks
06-05-2008, 11:03 PM
Well...it sucks...but there is not much any of us can do about fuel costs. I am considering putting my enclosed up for sale. I haven't used it since the last L-Fest and tooling around the country attending FFW is sure as hell out of the question. I will probably keep the Lighting since there is no way to get what I have in it out. Besides it looks uber cool sitting in my garage.:icon_rolleyes:

my2002lightning
06-06-2008, 12:52 AM
I'll never forget LF '03, the road-trip and being a part of the "break-away" group that took off and left the procession somewhere north of Wichita.:bows

Nothing beats a pack of 5-6 Ls just flat-out haulin'! :burnout:

Good times.:tu:

2003 in Topeka was prolly the biggest group 25-29ish. There were 5-6 that booked and left the rest of us behind...
We were weak last year.

True Blue Aggie
06-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Hey...hey...hey...

Dont forget about the 1st year at KCIR. We made pretty nice time getting up there because of my ride leading everyone up the Turnpike. 120mph through the rolling hills, with my wife commenting that "the cows sure are moving by us fast" was funny...:tu:

MJ351
06-09-2008, 09:08 PM

Noone snitched you guys out. It is my job to try to make this thing go a s well as possible and the TALON bunch is a big cog in that machine!

03LightningRocks
06-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Noone snitched you guys out. It is my job to try to make this thing go a s well as possible and the TALON bunch is a big cog in that machine!

Yeah, I can respect that. It's my job to out the weenies in the Talon club...:evil. My techniques are based on my belief that "the first one to smeller, is the feller". :evil I was and am just kidding around and I hope I haven't offended you with my comments.

Getting back to the real topic at hand. Fuel prices are making it real hard to take road trips. It's getting worse every day. I haven't looked at the registration list over on NLOC in awhile, but I bet it is going to be tough on allot of folks to drive. Especially by the time of the event. I think it was pretty darned good of you to pick up this football back when Big D had to pull out. I sincerely hope you don't get stuck with any big bills related to it if the turn out/registrations don't cover the costs.

Rocks:beer:

ZeusSVT
06-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Nicely said Rocks. :tu:

I have been wanting to go since I didn't make it to the first one I could have went to last year. It is looking like less and less guys from the texas area are going this year though. I certainly hope if attendance does fall thru that sponsorships would help these guys cover some costs. Hopefully this won't be the last year for this, as the prices of these things fall and gas continues to climb.

It is crazy how just two years ago when I started looking for a Lightning, that there was not as many out on the market. Now you look online and they are everywhere up for sale. About 20 trucks have went up for sale just on NLOC alone in the last month. :eek2: Times are definitely tough for alot of families right now. Especially for those who use this as a daily driver and commute. That's gotta be one hell of a gas bill every month.

-Michael

MJ351
06-10-2008, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I can respect that. It's my job to out the weenies in the Talon club...:evil. My techniques are based on my belief that "the first one to smeller, is the feller". :evil I was and am just kidding around and I hope I haven't offended you with my comments.

Getting back to the real topic at hand. Fuel prices are making it real hard to take road trips. It's getting worse every day. I haven't looked at the registration list over on NLOC in awhile, but I bet it is going to be tough on allot of folks to drive. Especially by the time of the event. I think it was pretty darned good of you to pick up this football back when Big D had to pull out. I sincerely hope you don't get stuck with any big bills related to it if the turn out/registrations don't cover the costs.

D didn't really pull out, he just handed the organizing and logistical work to me. His life has been real busy due to Nan's illness. The NLOC is doing its duty in providing the necessary things to make this go.

Oh and trust me, the costs to go are no stranger to me, remember i live in California!

03LightningRocks
06-10-2008, 01:11 PM
...........SNIP.........

Oh and trust me, the costs to go are no stranger to me, remember i live in California!

I noticed where you were from but didn't want to mention it in case you hadn't thought about it yet;). I wouldn't want that gas bill at all.

MJ351
06-10-2008, 01:23 PM
I noticed where you were from but didn't want to mention it in case you hadn't thought about it yet;). I wouldn't want that gas bill at all.

Like 2 grand!!!!

03LightningRocks
06-10-2008, 01:55 PM
Like 2 grand!!!!

I assume you didn't figure in gas increasing another dollar or so a gallon by August.

This whole gas situation is putting a serious hurt on my budget. I have 8 trucks I have to fill twice a week, on average, during this time of year. To put it another way...about 325-375 gallons of fuel per week.:eek: Do the math on that one. This keeps up and my guys will be doing service calls in rickshaws.

Ohmsby
06-10-2008, 02:03 PM
Ouch.. that is a lot of fuel $$ against the bottom line.

03LightningRocks
06-10-2008, 02:13 PM
Ouch.. that is a lot of fuel $$ against the bottom line.

Yes it is and this same situation is going on in any business that relies on fuel to perform a service. It is the hidden carnage just waiting around the corner. Most folks aren't thinking about this side of it all as they think they only have to worry how they are going to afford going to work and back. The economy is about to go into shock when all the goods and services finally have to react to increasing fuel costs. All the manufacturers of HVAC equipment are hitting the dealers with 4% to 6% unexpected price increases to cover their additional costs.

Yep...the hits just keep on coming.:flaming:

Ohmsby
06-10-2008, 02:39 PM
I agree I am passing the cost on to our customers in my bill but that does not account for the cost of goods and services I consume

I feel blessed to be able to make a little $$

I am spending almost $600 a month more on fuel for my daily driver truck than just a couple of years ago. Sooner or later that starts to effect my thinking when planning trips like L fest

FRDRCING
06-10-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm not going this year, Fuel cost alone is nuts. My parents went up there a month or so ago to visit my sister and said they spent nearly $300 on just fuel there and back. So now when august rolls around, and the price don't start to drop, it could or may very well cost twice that or more. As much fun as Lfest has been the last three years, I'm not going to attend this year.

MJ351
06-10-2008, 04:22 PM
Right now, my fuel estimate is as follows:

1,700 Miles each way @ 9MPG is about 370 gallons times $5 per gallon (which is what I pay for diesel in CA already) is about $1,900.00.

dboat
06-10-2008, 04:27 PM
Right now, my fuel estimate is as follows:

1,700 Miles each way @ 9MPG is about 370 gallons times $5 per gallon (which is what I pay for diesel in CA already) is about $1,900.00.

Wow, I estimated 20 mpg and still came up with $800 for me.. ouch!

03LightningRocks
06-10-2008, 06:41 PM
Wow, I estimated 20 mpg and still came up with $800 for me.. ouch!

You get 20 MPG out of your Lightning?????????? Wow...that makes me wish my truck was still a slow as$ 13 second truck like yours.:evil

Kalifornia already has 5 dollar diesel? Man...that sucks.

L8 APEX
06-10-2008, 07:11 PM
A guy on the ATV board posted 5.15 up in the mountains. Our Colorado trip is gonna cost a brick in fuel. One guy dropped out so we are now paying a larger portion each. I passed on a Mamorial day trip and will probably stay home July 4th as well...

dboat
06-10-2008, 07:38 PM
You get 20 MPG out of your Lightning?????????? Wow...that makes me wish my truck was still a slow as$ 13 second truck like yours.:evil

I bet you do.. at least its streetable.. :evil

MJ351
06-11-2008, 01:59 PM

Kalifornia already has 5 dollar diesel? Man...that sucks.

$5 per gallon has been the norm for about 3 weeks now......

SILVER2000SVT
06-11-2008, 02:45 PM
If Californians are willing to pay $750K for a 1000sqft home that would cost $75K here in Dallas it would seem that paying $5 a gallon for gas would be the least of their worries.

MJ351
06-11-2008, 03:33 PM
If Californians are willing to pay $750K for a 1000sqft home that would cost $75K here in Dallas it would seem that paying $5 a gallon for gas would be the least of their worries.

That is a bit of an exaggeration, I have a 3,000 sq ft on a acre that cost me 300k a year ago..

Maybe over near the coast or in the pricey areas, but in the largest county in the state the prices are reasonable.

03LightningRocks
06-11-2008, 04:05 PM
That is a bit of an exaggeration, I have a 3,000 sq ft on a acre that cost me 300k a year ago..

Maybe over near the coast or in the pricey areas, but in the largest county in the state the prices are reasonable.

I hope your not in the path of the wild fires we are hearing about on the national news.

That isn't a bad price for a home at all. It is comparable to what we would pay here for the same. It might even be more for a comparable home here.

MJ351
06-11-2008, 05:46 PM
I hope your not in the path of the wild fires we are hearing about on the national news.

That isn't a bad price for a home at all. It is comparable to what we would pay here for the same. It might even be more for a comparable home here.

Oh no, fires are not so much an issue where my house is.