Chris94L
05-19-2008, 12:21 PM
:Bullshit

dboat
05-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Well, it was for 43 gallons..

FRDRCING
05-19-2008, 03:05 PM
While I was out Saturday I saw the prices for Diesel. The cheapest I saw was $4.36. The gas prices are way out of hand. What will they do when nobody goes any were this summer due to high gas prices.

dboat
05-19-2008, 03:12 PM
I think most folks agree with you. And we are seeing it hit the economy across the board. The economic system does work and we will see people changing their driving habits to reflect the cost of fuel.. Wonder how this will affect those that drive long distances (like me) in going to LFest?

Wht95Lightning
05-19-2008, 03:53 PM
holy crap... :eek2:

The cost of fuel has put a huge dent in my travel. I've been planning my trips around town very carefully and leaving the truck in the garage unless it's the only option.

ghostrider
05-19-2008, 04:35 PM
:eek2:I feel your pain man.

gbgary
05-19-2008, 08:07 PM
$4.19 at the valero at josey and valwood pkwy.

http://www.dallasgasprices.com/index.aspx?fuel=D

L8 APEX
05-19-2008, 08:19 PM
Yeah, something is really messed up when the truck stops are higher than stores in town. As prone as diesel is to condensation and trash I won't buy it just anywhere..

PoorSvtman
05-19-2008, 10:04 PM
glad i have my 4 bannger car for a daily and the project truck is a 4 banger lol

id shoot my self if I still had the lightning as my only means of transportation

my2002lightning
05-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Air-travel has definitely been affected. :hammer:

my2002lightning
05-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24725781/

:hammer:

dboat
05-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Just when we thought it couldn't get any worse: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24725781/

:hammer:

small price to pay to support the war effort..

Dana

Wht95Lightning
05-20-2008, 04:21 PM
I shoot 3 different sports. IDPA, Steel Challenge and Cowboy Action. I compete in at least 1 match per week of one form or another. I reload my own ammo and I have a black belt in brass whoring. :evil

Soon I will be casting my own bullets as well. I belong to a couple of private ranges and nobody cares if I take a rake and a bucket to the backstop to get my 100 lbs or so of lead, if nobody is shooting.

The PRIMERS are the one major component that takes a bite out of my wallet. Powder has been steadily creeping up too. I've been told that with patients and a box of strike anywhere matches, I can recharge and re-use dead primers but I have not tried that, yet. :icon_rolleyes:

dboat
05-20-2008, 09:22 PM
I shoot 3 different sports. IDPA, Steel Challenge and Cowboy Action. I compete in at least 1 match per week of one form or another. I reload my own ammo and I have a black belt in brass whoring. :evil

Soon I will be casting my own bullets as well. I belong to a couple of private ranges and nobody cares if I take a rake and a bucket to the backstop to get my 100 lbs or so of lead, if nobody is shooting.

The PRIMERS are the one major component that takes a bite out of my wallet. Powder has been steadily creeping up too. I've been told that with patients and a box of strike anywhere matches, I can recharge and re-use dead primers but I have not tried that, yet. :icon_rolleyes:

I was on board with you until you went for the matches.. :eek:

not sure I would go that far..

Dana

dboat
05-22-2008, 07:05 AM
http://www.slate.com/id/2191491/?GT1=38001

This says at $4 a gallon, gasoline is cheap...

Dana

dboat
05-22-2008, 07:21 AM
Have you tried hypermiling? here is an article that talks to this issue.. plus there are forums too, at least there are according to the article.

Dana

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/SaveonaCar/Get50MpgInYourOwnCar.aspx?page=1

L8 APEX
05-22-2008, 08:03 AM
http://www.slate.com/id/2191491/?GT1=38001

This says at $4 a gallon, gasoline is cheap...

Dana
I agree, gas has not kept with inflation of everything else we buy. But we like it cheap and have built lifestyles around it. Maybe it will encourage employers to pay more, people to seek more education, etc...
I am thinking about wiring my gas door into my alarm system. A guy n the news had both his SUV's siphoned in his driveway last night...

dboat
05-22-2008, 10:15 AM
I agree, gas has not kept with inflation of everything else we buy. But we like it cheap and have built lifestyles around it. Maybe it will encourage employers to pay more, people to seek more education, etc...
I am thinking about wiring my gas door into my alarm system. A guy n the news had both his SUV's siphoned in his driveway last night...

I think the bigger issue is the more recent speed by which the price of gas escalated. We have just had a HUGE jump in the last year or so.. that is the painful part.

Dana

tliss
05-22-2008, 12:27 PM
...Maybe it will encourage employers to pay more ...

:icon_rolleyes: Like that will ever happen. All I hear about nowadays here is how we're getting more and more taken away from us...heathcare benefits, retirement, pension, etc. I've even heard a rumor that we might have to justify our positions and our salaries could be adjusted accordingly...I haven't seen a raise in almost 8 years. Employers aren't going to shell out more for the sake of their employees...just isn't going to happen.

As gas goes, it's probably time for me to start carpooling. I'm getting sick of my paychecks going to feed my drive to work.

Oh, and fock the oil companies and all the people that make the oil prices what they are...may they all rot in hell. I love how the oil comapnies claim to be reinvesting their huge profits into the business...WHATEVER. They are reinvesting into their own pockets is what they are doing...as*holes!

Tom

my2002lightning
05-28-2008, 11:37 PM
I read on f150online somewhere of a dealer offering the owner of a '03 L $7,500 on trade-in on a hybrid. :tex

L8 APEX
05-29-2008, 07:55 AM
The gas promotions are in lieu of cash rebates. So you pay sticker and lose the 7500 cash back...:bs

Wht95Lightning
05-29-2008, 09:16 AM
It's going to get to the point (may already be there for some) that it's costing more to drive to work than people are getting paid for doing the work. Especially minimum wagers.

:bs

dboat
05-29-2008, 10:46 AM
It's going to get to the point (may already be there for some) that it's costing more to drive to work than people are getting paid for doing the work. Especially minimum wagers.

:bs

I could see that happening.. then they can go on welfare.. then tax increases to pay for more folks on welfare.. nice.. :mad:

L8 APEX
05-29-2008, 10:59 PM
We have that already in the hotel industry. House keepers and low level engineers are hurting. The cost of fuel and health insurance is sapping their whole checks. Of course when occupancy is low and their hours get cut it leaves some owing the company money that week.
I guess they shouldn't sign up for the family insurance plans if they cannot cover the premiums. We have some that have cars going back to the bus passes.. Times are tough my friends.:icon_sad: