PDA

View Full Version : build a motor

cpeapea
01-03-2003, 05:43 PM
how much would it cost to have a motor pulled and rebuilt with forged stuff if i already have all (most) of the parts like rods pistons and studs and cams springs, blah blah blah...and who in dallas could do it? i dont want to end up throwing 7 out of 8 rods :twitch:

L8 APEX
01-03-2003, 07:07 PM
I am looking into that business. I would have to see what parts you have. I don't really trust customer supplied engine internals. Labor is around $3K on R&R motor, pistons, rods, springs, cams, machine work, gaskets, balancing etc. I don't know of any good aftermarket cams except for some custom JDM and PSP grinds that acctually make any power. Last I talked to Sal aftermarket cams made 12 more HP than stock for a sizeable cost. With cold starting and idle issues.

cpeapea
01-04-2003, 11:52 AM
i actually bought a set of the new modmax's from modular performance they are a new set, and not regrinds, so im kinda stoked about how they will sound and perform. also either comp or crane cams has a new set out. i think paul from razors edge is testing the set right now.