PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for club events this year.

L8 APEX
12-31-2002, 03:50 PM
I am collecting ideas to make into club events this year. If you know of a specific cruise night, poker run, Heat Wave show in Austin, TMS charity lap events, car show, Drivers Edge schools, autocross events etc. That we could participate in post it here and we will work it into this year's event schedule. Last year was fun but I know members missed out because of a lack of coordination. Whenever I heard about something fun I called the members whose numbers I had but that was not enough. TALON is going to show up in force to events this year!

J.D. Blackwell
12-31-2002, 04:21 PM
Well, I know it is too far for most of you guys, but we have a "Cruise Night" at the Whataburger in Longview the first Thursday of every month from March or April through October.
I go there nearley every month usually starting at 5 til about 10, just whenever you get there. There is always at least 90 or so cars and last April over 200 cars showed up. I have only seen 1 Gen2 since I have been going.

I understand if it won't be a meeting, but I am sure the Tyler guys, Tim and Rodney and Mike Ivy will consider coming.

Later....

98Cobra
12-31-2002, 07:26 PM
If we can at least get most of these things into the calendar, that will help. That way TALON members can participate in other events without necessarily having to plan/coordinate with others - like if you are trying to find something to do on a Saturday, or whatever.

I'll be sure to submit anything I hear about...

EdO
01-01-2003, 03:32 PM
This would be my first meeting...sorry, don"t know where Papa's is located....help, please?
Thanks....Ed

blueoval01
01-01-2003, 07:41 PM
North side of NW Highway between I-35 and Loop12 .....

L8 APEX
01-01-2003, 07:48 PM
It used to be Fenders drive in, across from the AMC Grand theater

RED1
01-01-2003, 10:40 PM
I think that we should have a TALON cookout sometime in the spring or summer.:banana:

blueoval01
01-01-2003, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by RED1
I think that we should have a TALON cookout sometime in the spring or summer.:banana:

Oh yeah, I'm fir that!!
Let's dig a pit in Doug's back yard and do a lamb .... :D

Or maybe a meet at moonshines (without the guns) .... :eek2:

OR ...... east Texas .... we know folks out there :d

Can our mis-Director make the arrangements?

tliss
01-02-2003, 03:24 AM
Terry,

I agree that we need to get on the ball with establishing what events we should looking at participating in this year. As per my post in the January meeting thread:

http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1507&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

it may be time to put together a list of responsibilities and get volunteers to help out. Perhaps we need to establish official positions with specific responsibilities to work through this type of stuff, like a person that coordinates race events, a person that explores the different car-related functions going on in DFW. Did any of you go to the Dallas Auto Show at the convention center last year? The Corvette club was the first thing people saw as they entered the show. We need someone to see events and opportunities like that in advance so we can determine if we want to be involved in them.

When I get back into town I will begin looking into upcoming events and will let you know what I find that might be interesting.

Tom

99WhiteBeast
01-02-2003, 12:11 PM
We definitely need to get a better showing at local events (charity causes, car shows...etc) but the key is to get it on the calendar and communicate.

Here's a few ideas:
1. Cookout (already mentioned and a damn fine idea)
2. Poker Run Cruise
3. Something to promote Talon in a postive light to the community
(instead of leaving black marks and billowing clouds of white smoke at every restaurant we visit)
:burnout:

now thats not a bad thing:tu: