PDA

View Full Version : January Meeting Thursday 1/2?

L8 APEX
12-31-2002, 01:36 AM
Did this sneak up on us or what:hammer: I guess I will roll up there Thurday if a few guys want to hang out.. I am kind of meeting'd out from the past two weeks:vomit: Let me hear from ya!

Red2002
12-31-2002, 02:03 AM
I vote for the 9th. But who knows, I may drive out there anyway.

98Cobra
12-31-2002, 02:39 AM
I'd say keep it for the 2nd. I'll be there.

jcblack
12-31-2002, 03:30 AM
i'll be there

Crawford
12-31-2002, 10:25 AM
I am in for the 2nd. Are we still meeting at Pappa's or can we move it to Bonedaddy's now?

L8 APEX
12-31-2002, 10:49 AM
This one will be at Papa's.. I am drawing up a calendar of meetings this year that will rotate spots somewhat evenly from papas, Bonedaddy's, Hooter's S Arlington. That will get close to a group once every third month. Papa's is central to the metroplex, Bonedaddy's is north east, and Hooters SA is south west. Of course some will say one place is too far etc. If we can't be happy at Papa's then we will have to take turns making the drive to a good spot. This schedule may lower attendance but we'll live;)

RED1
12-31-2002, 11:56 AM
I vote for the 2th, this will be my first meeting.

Red2002
12-31-2002, 12:25 PM
Can't make this one. See you in February, or at a stoplight where I'll proceed to kick your ass.

98Cobra
12-31-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
This one will be at Papa's.. I am drawing up a calendar of meetings this year that will rotate spots somewhat evenly from papas, Bonedaddy's, Hooter's S Arlington. That will get close to a group once every third month. Papa's is central to the metroplex, Bonedaddy's is north east, and Hooters SA is south west. Of course some will say one place is too far etc. If we can't be happy at Papa's then we will have to take turns making the drive to a good spot. This schedule may lower attendance but we'll live;)

Thanks for deciding for us...:rolleyes:

99WhiteBeast
12-31-2002, 01:47 PM
I say keep for the 2nd. I may not be there but I have invited out two Gen I's that ran into this week.

I like the ideal of switching it around. We can end all the *****ing about Pappa's and accommodate people from both ends of the metromess (N Dallas and Southern Tarrant county)

L8 APEX
12-31-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by 98Cobra
Thanks for deciding for us...:rolleyes:
Sorry to offend you Garret, I am trying my best to make something organized for the club. What do you suggest? We can't have every month be a guess fest. There are enough members spread over the metroplex having meetings only in Richardson or Arlington is not fair as they are opposite poles. Papa's is a perfect central location that is why several clubs meet there (Viper, Prowler, DFW Stangs etc). Though it lacks a view and does not meet some members food requirments. Gee Doug, I guess no good deed goes unpunished:hammer: I volunteer my time for this if you have constructive input please share it. But don't give me crap for taking some initiative. Thanks your Social MisDirector.

jcblack
12-31-2002, 02:23 PM
i agree with you terry.

Silver_2000
12-31-2002, 02:57 PM
We need a schedule - Thanks for volunteering.:tu:
I have been trying pretty hard to get more people involved in this and other aspects of the club. Including the website and events etc..
We have about 16 members who cared enough to contribute to the upkeep of this software.:tu: - Now if we can get more involved in helping out that way and other ways this group of horsepower junkies could really grow into something cool.

Perhaps before mapping out too far in advance we should get a concensus on the locations of choice...

If you are really gonna do a 12 month schedule we could mix it up to more than 3 places....

Doug

L8 APEX
12-31-2002, 03:35 PM
Well if we took direction with "what works" from other clubs we would only have it in one spot. Then again we take 5000# pickup trucks and run 12's so we can be somewhat creative. I will post a poll or two and get a concesus of how many different places we need to schedule. I know guys like Bonedaddy's, Hooters is always a favorite, maybe we could replace Papa's with Pugsleys or another central place. Speed Zone has a restaraunt area but I don't know about meeting there.. Hooter's downtown is central but I don't like the parking arrengements. Post up some idea's for spots and we'll crunch them for feasablility.:tu:
We want to include members and their families as much as possible for monthly meeting spots. So keep that in mind when picking a place.

Proposed meeting places are:
1) Bonedaddy's (Richardson)
2) Hooters (anywhere, Arlington Addison, Downtown)
3) Pugsley's Library (35 & Walnut)
maybe one summer appearance at Keller's ( NW Hwy & 75)

These are just the scheduled monthly meetings. There will be several improptu meetings at other elected establishments. South Arlington posse wil hit Flying Saucer adn Rack Daddy's a time or two, a few Sonic's on Saturday nights etc.. I will let Tony pick the "shoe bars" since he does more (research) than I there;)

J.D. Blackwell
12-31-2002, 04:14 PM
Well I won't make it. I have had a few girls call me up wondering what I am going to do for my birthday, so I may have a few sets of T&A in the hot tub with a keg or two. I am sure you guys understand.

Wish me luck.....

98Cobra
12-31-2002, 07:23 PM
Sorry to offend you Garret, I am trying my best to make something organized for the club. What do you suggest? We can't have every month be a guess fest. There are enough members spread over the metroplex having meetings only in Richardson or Arlington is not fair as they are opposite poles. Papa's is a perfect central location that is why several clubs meet there (Viper, Prowler, DFW Stangs etc). Though it lacks a view and does not meet some members food requirments. Gee Doug, I guess no good deed goes unpunished:hammer: I volunteer my time for this if you have constructive input please share it. But don't give me crap for taking some initiative. Thanks your Social MisDirector.

I know I came off a bit harsh, and to be honest, I like the idea of a scheduled rotation, as long as everyone knows ahead of time so their isn't the guessing we had in 2002. My only beef was that no input was solicited before you announced it, and I think that when you are talking about meeting locations for the next year, it should be discussed. Who knows, maybe we can come up with a location or two that we *haven't* been to before that might work equally well.

I am with you on the location for Pappa's - personally I'd like for most of the meetings to be somewhere on I35 just to make it more centralized, but I am not opposed to the occasional jaunt to Richardson, or the other way, to BFE. :D

Anyway, to sum up, not giving you crap on taking initiative, just thought we should have been asked first.

Red2002
12-31-2002, 08:36 PM
I don't mind driving to Richardson for BoneDaddy's at all. My only problem with it is getting TO BoneDaddy's from Arlington at 5 p.m. on a weekday. It ain't happenin'. By the time we get there (6:30-7:00pm) half of TALON has already eaten and run.

I propose that if we do a BFE meet, we schedule the GTG a little later in the evening i.e., ~ 8 p.m. The BFE-later-in-the-evening-meet also applies to the guys in the NE that have to drive to Arlington.

Opinions?

Logan
12-31-2002, 09:01 PM
I think at this juncture, it's critical to note that I like bananas.

:banana: :banana: :banana:

mmmmmm.... dancing banana....:banana:

George G.
01-01-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by J.D. Blackwell
Well I won't make it. I have had a few girls call me up wondering what I am going to do for my birthday, so I may have a few sets of T&A in the hot tub with a keg or two. I am sure you guys understand.

Wish me luck.....

Hmmmm, let's weigh our options here......

TALON meeting...........2 sets of T&A. Young grasshoppa, you have made a wise decision. Enjoy. :beer:

98Cobra
01-01-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Red2002
I don't mind driving to Richardson for BoneDaddy's at all. My only problem with it is getting TO BoneDaddy's from Arlington at 5 p.m. on a weekday. It ain't happenin'. By the time we get there (6:30-7:00pm) half of TALON has already eaten and run.

I propose that if we do a BFE meet, we schedule the GTG a little later in the evening i.e., ~ 8 p.m. The BFE-later-in-the-evening-meet also applies to the guys in the NE that have to drive to Arlington.

Opinions?

Well, then we have the problem of not only having a different meeting place every month, but a different time as well. That already sounds confusing. :)

Another reason we have it earlier is because a good portion of the members, including the founding elders, have er, family duties to attend to, so they can't be out too late. :D

Silver_2000
01-01-2003, 12:37 PM
Well, then we have the problem of not only having a different meeting place every month, but a different time as well. That already sounds confusing. :)

Another reason we have it earlier is because a good portion of the members, including the founding elders, have er, family duties to attend to, so they can't be out too late. :D

Er uh who posted here the earliest this morning ??

Doug

98Cobra
01-01-2003, 02:53 PM
I beat you by 5 minutes. I am still pretty young so I bounce back quick, s'all..... :banana:

Red2002
01-01-2003, 11:11 PM

Then whatever.

Silver_2000
01-01-2003, 11:34 PM
I beat you by 5 minutes. I am still pretty young so I bounce back quick, s'all..... :banana:

I could have sworn I posted at 3:45 am this morning.. I was up .. Just cant find the post.. PS - I was sober...

Doug

blueoval01
01-01-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
......... PS - I was sober... Doug

uH Huh ....... right :beer:

cpeapea
01-02-2003, 02:27 AM
i wanna go!! this will be my first time to go to a talon meeting.
bonedaddy's at 6?:nana2

tliss
01-02-2003, 03:13 AM
I'm out this go around. I'll be on the road back to DFW Friday morning. Have fun.

As far as the scheduled rotation for meeting places, I think that would be a great idea. Of course, the issue now will be getting agreement as to what those places will be. Anyplace with waitresses that wear short shorts and tight shirts is acceptable to the masses, I'm sure. This may be cause for a meeting where we squeeze in some club business between the BSin'.

Also, due to the size of the club and the need to get a little more organized we may want to begin the process of declaring officers or something like it. We've had to social misdirector and a few other positions filled over the past year, but it might be time to establish some type of club cabinet for 2003 and a specific agenda of things we need to do in the coming year. I suggest we have certain individuals responsible for particular functions (i.e. records keeper, social coordinator, recruiter, race event coordinator, liason to other Lightning organizations, mod party coordinator, etc.) and have a representative from each of the regions (i.e. N. Dallas/Plano/Richardson, northeastern burbs, mid-cities, etc.). I'm not saying we need to have a TALON governmental body, but, like Doug said, we need to have some people step up to the plate and and take some responsibility for taking the club to the next level. I know we all have our own lives to live and may not necessarily have the time to put into these types of roles, but some of us really should step up with a little time to make this thing even better than it is. One of the benefits of TALON as it is is the fact that it is open and laid back. If we decide to go this route, we must take this into consideration and not do anything to jeopardize that.

Perhaps we need another forum to discuss the types of roles we may need and ask for volunteers to fill those roles. I think we will be able to get better participation if we know the responsibilities associated with a given role. I have been with this club since almost the beginning and personally want to be invovled in some form or fashion. If we decide to go this route, I will volunteer to represent the northeastern 'burbs and would like to be involved in other activities (I think we need to establish a list of roles people need to play before I can really say what it is I would like to do).

Just an idea. Thoughts????

Tom

99WhiteBeast
01-02-2003, 08:49 AM
We already have a new member confused where to meet.
:hammer:

cpeapea- The meeting is at Pappa's BBQ on NW HWY this Thursday

Moonshine
01-02-2003, 11:43 AM
I'm not going to be able to make it either. Wish I could claim it was because I'm supervising Justin, but I'm afraid it's a bit more mundane than that. :rolleyes: See ya'll next month. :banana:

cpeapea
01-02-2003, 05:05 PM
We already have a new member confused where to meet.

oops thats what i meant ;) , thats not too far from my house in irving

TxBolt
01-02-2003, 07:13 PM
Well I don't feel so bad cause Moonshine didn't make it either. But I do feel stupid cause I thought it was put off till next week. Oh well I make the next if everything willing. See ya Guys!!!:crying:

Sixpipes
01-02-2003, 10:26 PM
Wish I could have made it. I was busy doing a cam-cover install north of Bonham. Pictures to follow.:cool:

Flats Man
01-02-2003, 10:38 PM
Had a great time in Bonham today. The Ole Go_rila seemed to really like her new cam covers. Thanks for the hospitality Ivanhoe!! Great Hamburgers!

Red2002
01-02-2003, 11:07 PM
So how many ended up showing? Sounds like it was pretty lean. I know of five Lightnings that stayed in the Arlington area to hang out.

See you guys next month.

L8 APEX
01-02-2003, 11:30 PM
It was probably one of the best meetings I have been to:tu: There were about 8 regulars and 4 new groups that cruised up. Cmepepe was there;) Micosucks, random old guy:D and Red01. Garett had a badassdified Lightning truck tearing up the parking lot. It even has a South Dallas alarm system:d Mark4 was unusually stable tonight:confused: We all extanded and sat at one table and BS'd about things we did and survived in our youths. Lots of friends and fun, and new guys and girls too! We may have some new TALON cheerleader talent too:twitch:

Red2002
01-02-2003, 11:57 PM
It was probably one of the best meetings I have been to:tu: There were about 8 regulars and 4 new groups that cruised up. Cmepepe was there;) Micosucks, random old guy:D and Red01. Garett had a badassdified Lightning truck tearing up the parking lot

Cmepepe? Bwahahaha!

Who's the random old guy? That could be about 95% of TALON.

Silver_2000
01-03-2003, 12:28 AM
Originally posted by Red2002

Who's the random old guy? That could be about 95% of TALON.

Where is that ban button ...

Doug

Red2002
01-03-2003, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Silver_2000_;)!
Where is that ban button ...

Doug

Nevermind, I know who the guy is now. Where's my "Ban Me Please" smilie? :)

L8 APEX
01-03-2003, 01:26 AM
It's not Doug, this guy had him by a decade at least:d Steve talking to him when I got there.

Badcarma
01-03-2003, 04:21 AM
Terry always seams to leave me out:rolleyes: Guess I haven't bought anything from him lately...so he forgets I'm around :crying:

L8 APEX
01-03-2003, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by Badcarma
Terry always seams to leave me out:rolleyes: Guess I haven't bought anything from him lately...so he forgets I'm around :crying:
You are one of the 8 regulars you baby:hammer:

cpeapea
01-03-2003, 04:48 PM
i had a lot of fun just bs'in with you guys, i hope i can make it to the meeting next month ;)

btw its cpeapea :d

blueoval01
01-03-2003, 05:01 PM
It's not Doug, this guy had him by a decade at least:d Steve talking to him when I got there.

He was driving a Red 02 L. But after chatting for a few minutes, it was apparent that he may have some issues with his motor. Weird to hear from a new (stock) L.

Red2002
01-03-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by blueoval01
He was driving a Red 02 L. But after chatting for a few minutes, it was apparent that he may have some issues with his motor. Weird to hear from a new (stock) L.

Was it Ben? (benyouall)

blueoval01
01-03-2003, 07:07 PM
No, don't think so ..... he said that he had just found the forum Thursday several hours before the meeting .....

L8 APEX
01-03-2003, 07:22 PM
I don't think Ben is driving his L anywhere but the garage:twitch: