PDA

View Full Version : Any Turbo Gen1?

projlightning
02-14-2008, 05:39 PM
Are there any turbo gen 1 guys in the area? I'm thinking about going that route and having someone close to help out would be great!!

mustgofaster
02-14-2008, 06:12 PM
It is in the plans for me, but unfortunately not enough $$$ to start yet. Personally, I was thinking of a single 76mm, AFR 185 heads with the 70cc combustion chamber to keep the compression ratio down, forged internals, the 2 pump trick, a HO cam or one of the Comp cams X cams. and a few other goodies to bring the combo together. My goal is 550-650 at the wheels, but with good driveability.

99WhiteBeast
02-14-2008, 07:16 PM
It is in the plans for me, but unfortunately not enough $$$ to start yet. Personally, I was thinking of a single 76mm, AFR 185 heads with the 70cc combustion chamber to keep the compression ratio down, forged internals, the 2 pump trick, a HO cam or one of the Comp cams X cams. and a few other goodies to bring the combo together. My goal is 550-650 at the wheels, but with good driveability.

That the combo I eventually would love to do on the 93 and had planned for the 95 before I sold it. I need to drop the compression in order to get there.

projlightning
02-15-2008, 09:13 AM

Not sure on what turbo yet but I'm looking for something in the 450-550 range with stock bottom end and stay speed density. I'm still doing A LOT of research so I'm FAR from buying anything.

Chris94L
02-15-2008, 11:56 AM
Not currently, but plan to build my own single turbo setup in the future. Need any ideas or help or anything feel free to pm me.

projlightning
02-15-2008, 12:04 PM
Not currently, but plan to build my own single turbo setup in the future. Need any ideas or help or anything feel free to pm me.

Sweet, pm sent:tu:

Flats Man
02-15-2008, 08:04 PM
Here is my old thread for you Guys. It has some good info in it. I just sheared the gear on my distributor so I am pulling the motor right now. Still haven't tuned it yet but it will be a beast!
http://www.talonclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10650 :icon_mrgreen: