PDA

View Full Version : wiring harness

hottrodd1978
02-09-2008, 06:17 PM
I am wanting to find out what I would have to do as far as the wiring harness under the hood and basically the whole that would be needed if I was going to go prostreet with my '93L. I kinda have an idea but not to sure, I think I can just remove the whole harness in the cab and out for the under hood and the lights: head and tail along with the wiring in the dash. I am still wanting to run head lights and my heater but I think I can go with a painless wiring harness universal fit kit and make it work because I am going to run a FAST XFI system for the engine and either a glide or aod or C6 for a transmission. If anyone has any ideas you can leave me a message here at talon or you can call me at 817-243-3222 and I can hash it over with you on the phone, later.

mustgofaster
02-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Do you plan on keeping the original guage cluster? Speedo, tach, etc...?

hotrodsbygeorge
02-10-2008, 12:03 AM
I am good friends with Bill Stanglin who runs Hot Rod Wires. His wiring harneses are very user friendly and easy to install. To me personally I think that the painless harness tries to be too "fits all" and makes it kind of a pain to install. Let me know and I'll talk to him and get you a deal on a harness.

mustgofaster
02-10-2008, 11:07 AM
Depending on your, "exact" plans, it seems to me like it might just be easier to remove the engine wiring harness & leave everything else intact... Might save yourself a lot of work. Of course, if you are planning on gutting everything & fabbing up your own guage cluster, then just yank it all out.

hottrodd1978
02-14-2008, 03:57 PM
I am not planning on using the original dash cluster but I do plan on using the original dash, I think I can use this but pull out everything i will not need. Let me know something, later.

hottrodd1978
02-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Hotrodsbygeorge leave me a phone number for either yourself or to your friends shop, I do appreciate all the help.

hotrodsbygeorge
02-15-2008, 12:23 AM
My shop ( Hot Rods by George ) 972-771-6460
Bills shop ( Hot Rod Wires ) 972-240-6851
Bill doesn't do installs anymore he just manufactures the harnesses and sells the related electrical parts