PDA

View Full Version : So I got harrassed by a cop lastnight

tiffo60
12-18-2007, 09:38 AM
I was on my way home from my parents house, by myself and minding my own business. I pulled up to a red light and saw blue mound cop pull into a gas station up infront of me and spin around real quick was just waiting by the entrance/exit. I proceed thru the intersection and sure enough he pulls in right behind me and follows me for a couple of blocks then hits the lights. I pull into a parking lot, turn off the engine and get out with liscense and insurance in hand. Then i ask him just out of curiousity what I was doing wrong, and he replies with I dont have a front license plate:throw:, Then he ask me if he can search my car, and I ask why? Then he asks me if I have been drinking or doing any drugs tonight and that my eyes look glazed over:hammer:, and for those of you that know me know I dont drink or do drugs, ect, and thats exactly how I responed. Then he says hes going to need to pat me down and check for weapons and illegal narcotics, bla bla bla. He hasnt called for back up, hes by himself and just giving me the full deal. I wasnt being cocky, i was actually be fully compliant. Then after the borderline sexual harrasment of a feel up, he proceeds to search my entire vehicle and of course finding nothing. Then he decides to give me a sobriety test of which I passed with flying colors:gatling:, so after about 30 to 45 minutes of pure b.s he lets me be on my way.

Sorry for the long rant but I have never been thru that in my entire life and to go thru it lastnight for not one good reason just pisses me off:flaming:

Silver_2000
12-18-2007, 09:51 AM
thats exactly why I decided to let them finish the job of drilling the bumper on the lexus ...

99WhiteBeast
12-18-2007, 09:53 AM
That's :Bullshit. I would file a compliant.

Beaudee
12-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Wow,last time i got pulled over by a flowermound cop he was more interested in my "bad ass truck" than me speeding.Must be time of year.My GTO has never had a front liscense plate and never got harrassed yet.Im sure its just luck though.

tiffo60
12-18-2007, 09:59 AM
That's :Bullshit. I would file a compliant.

ive been pondering on that but I have to drive thru bluemound alot to get back and forth to work and I would hate to paint a bullseye on my car, they did that on a whim, so i would hate to see what they would do if they had some fuel to use

wesman
12-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Badge #....then complaint.....too easy. BTW- He can't search your car without your consent unless he has probable cause, which he had none. I'd seriously file a complaint.

--wes

98Cobra
12-18-2007, 10:34 AM
The whole "your eyes appear glazed" crap reminds me of this story..

http://www.duiblog.com/2005/11/17/police-using-prewritten-dui-reports/

SILVER2000SVT
12-18-2007, 10:38 AM
ive been pondering on that but I have to drive thru bluemound alot to get back and forth to work and I would hate to paint a bullseye on my car, they did that on a whim, so i would hate to see what they would do if they had some fuel to use

I would file a compliant, and if they do it again it's harassment.

Ohmsby
12-18-2007, 10:45 AM
that is what you get for driving a Camaro:D

tiffo60
12-18-2007, 10:46 AM

i was waiting for that response:gatling:, and i was thinking that verything lastnight:hammer:

Sonicblue03
12-18-2007, 11:00 AM
Sadly cops can do just about anything they want. You should file a complaint b/c this crap happens all the time. Probable cause is anything they decide to make up for an excuse.

Ohmsby
12-18-2007, 11:03 AM
You knew you could count on me to point out the obvious.

I think you had a reason to be pissed sounds like you got the shakedown. I have refused the search and it pisses them off for sure

tiffo60
12-18-2007, 11:09 AM
You knew you could count on me to point out the obvious.

I think you had a reason to be pissed sounds like you got the shakedown. I have refused the search and it pisses them off for sure

i didnt refuse the search because i wasnt wanting anymore trouble than i was already getting, i was on a dark street in a dark parking lot, just me and him, so i wasnt going to give him any reason to feel like he needed to get rough with me, because i am dumb enough to not allow it and it could have got real bad, real quick, plus i didnt have anything to hide and it was freakin cold and i was ready to get home.:cool:

99WhiteBeast
12-18-2007, 11:29 AM

:rll::bows

StormShadow
12-18-2007, 11:56 AM
That sucks. You should stay in your car when you get pulled over though. If you get out of your car he may feel like he needs to search you for his safety but clearly not the case with your situation Tiffo. I just try not to give them a reason to **** with me. I pull over shut off the engine turn on the dome light and keep my hands on the wheel and only reach for liscence and reg when he asks for it.

tiffo60
12-18-2007, 12:04 PM
That sucks. You should stay in your car when you get pulled over though. If you get out of your car he may feel like he needs to search you for his safety but clearly not the case with your situation Tiffo. I just try not to give them a reason to **** with me. I pull over shut off the engine turn on the dome light and keep my hands on the wheel and only reach for liscence and reg when he asks for it.

i see your point here, me being 260lbs and over 6ft stepping out of my car could make a little guy like him nervous:D, but still i havent figured out why he never called for back up, especially if he felt unsafe or had any suspicion of illegal activities

Shiner1
12-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Sorry that you had to go through that but that was the point I was making in another post about no front plate. It's an excuse for the po po to pull you over. I didn't have a front plate either and I think that's the risk we run. As for the complaint that others what you ot file........other than wasting 40 minutes of your life :D, What did he do wrong? A little devil's advocate here!!

Sonicblue03
12-18-2007, 02:37 PM
I was pulled over once for an in dash TV monitor in my truck. The cop ask me to get out of my truck then placed me against the front of the vehicle and searched me. Since I was doing nothing illegal and had nothing to hide I wasn't worried, but it did bother me b/c people were driving by and it made me look like a criminal. I also had a friend who was pulled over and they searched his vehicle with "probable cause".....bullsh*t. They found some pills that were accidentally left in there by a friend (the friend had a prescription for them). He went to jail and it later was cleared up in court. One complaint might not do anything, but if people file a complaint, someone else files a complaint.....ect. ect. these officers will have to change their practices. That is nothing but harassment and needs to stop. Not saying all cops are bad but some abuse their power.

danielvalles1
12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
My mom works in Highland Park in Dallas. My friend and i were going to go visit my mom when we get pulled over by a blue Tahoe. So i pull over and roll down my window. Its been like 1 minute and here come two more Highland Park cops. So by now im like what the hell is going on and my friend he is white, so i was like this don't look right. So next thing you know here come the police the guy tells me to get out of the truck and lay on the ground and cross my feet. Then he tells my friend to do the same. So they put us in different Tahoe's and i could see they were searching my truck. And after 1 hour he tells us the reason he stop me was because we lookt suspicious. After that he was like you guys can go. I thought i was having a dream.:flaming:

L8 APEX
12-18-2007, 06:16 PM
Sorry to hear it Tiffy:(, now you know how all the other 17yr olds with Camaros feel:D.
It sounds like piss hole small town harassment to me. I would schedule a sit down with the chief and schedule to watch the dash video/audio with him and possibly with his Lieutenant. Maybe even inquire about any other complaints to see if this is a regular thing for the little officer. 45 minutes is excessive detainment IMO. You do have a dumb glassy look about you but that is what makes you so lovable:tu:.
I will never run a front plate, but I have Jedi Powers of mind control. That and they really don't want to know what is in my truck or on my person:icon_eek:.

You gotta watch the Just_us system they will keep a redneck down:tex

FRDRCING
12-18-2007, 07:02 PM
What makes this thread even more messed up, Was just talking to my neighbor who was stoped for going 85 in a 65 in northlake. She has a expired drivers license and they let her go:hammer:.

L8 APEX
12-18-2007, 07:06 PM
What makes this thread even more messed up, Was just talking to my neighbor who was stoped for going 85 in a 65 in northlake. She has a expired drivers license and they let her go:hammer:.
Does she have nice b (o)(o) b's?:icon_mrgreen:

Mark #2
12-18-2007, 07:13 PM
Is she a nurse, paramedic, teacher, military, or other form of public service?

Sonicblue03
12-18-2007, 07:50 PM
You gotta watch the Just_us system they will keep a redneck down:tex

:tu:

mustgofaster
12-18-2007, 08:03 PM
i see your point here, me being 260lbs and over 6ft stepping out of my car could make a little guy like him nervous:D, but still i havent figured out why he never called for back up, especially if he felt unsafe or had any suspicion of illegal activities

I've known a few cops & they always told me that getting out is one of the LAST things you want to do... It shows aggression. They told me, just pull over & keep my hands on the wheel where they can see them. They also told me that with my tinted windoews, especially @ night, roll down the windows & turn on the dome light so they can see me well.

L8 APEX
12-18-2007, 08:10 PM
Damn I didn't read carefully. Why the hell did you get out and intimidate the officer?:eek:. He might have let you go if you would have acted right and stayed in your car.:icon_mrgreen:

my2002lightning
12-18-2007, 08:31 PM
That's my understanding. Stay in your vehicle, both hands on the wheel, license / registration at the ready and maintain a pleasant attitude always.

charlie
12-18-2007, 09:13 PM
That's my understanding. Stay in your vehicle, both hands on the wheel, license / registration at the ready and maintain a pleasant attitude always.

Yep! :tu:

That is, unless you know the Cop stopping you. Then you get out of the truck yelling and screaming stupid stuff, just to scare the hell out of your passenger! :evil

Charlie

L-Fever
12-18-2007, 09:41 PM
i was waiting for that response:gatling:, and i was thinking that verything lastnight:hammer:

If you were rolling in a PT Cruiser you wouldn't have ever been stopped! :tu:

mikelemoine
12-18-2007, 09:43 PM
I like to shine a flashlight back at them and make jerky movements.

On a positive note, I may get full use of my right arm again once the gunshots heal:tu:

SILVER2000SVT
12-18-2007, 09:47 PM
When I was teenager I didn't know you were supposed to stay in the car. One time I got a gun pointed at me and never did it again.

Mark #2
12-18-2007, 10:02 PM
I have found that when a TX state trooper is standing in the road and he jumps out in front of you it is a good idea to miss him and pull over.;)

Ohmsby
12-18-2007, 10:14 PM
:rll:

L8 APEX
12-18-2007, 10:21 PM
One time I got stopped on a foggy night about 3am and thought I knew the cop so I jumped out and walked back to his car before he could move. I had to use some Jedi power to diffuse that one http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/TV_and_Movies/jedi-noir.gif

Then there was the time I flew by one while looking down at my laptop. He walked up and asked so were you spraying on that pass it sounded good:icon_lol:

I think it was SonicTommy with me in my 01L when I got stopped doing 60 down Main St. He whitnessed my Jedi powers first hand. The officer returned my license and said I have more important things to do, move along.
http://www.forwardeverforward.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/jedi_squirrel.jpg

Silver_2000
12-18-2007, 11:26 PM
I have found that when a TX state trooper is standing in the road and he jumps out in front of you it is a good idea to miss him and pull over.;):rll::rll:
It was a good try - I was wondering if you were gonna make it

StormShadow
12-19-2007, 07:34 AM
When the officer asks me if I have any ID I always say "About what?"

tiffo60
12-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Damn I didn't read carefully. Why the hell did you get out and intimidate the officer?:eek:. He might have let you go if you would have acted right and stayed in your car.:icon_mrgreen:

I almost always get out and stand behind my vehicle, i have always thought the officer would appretiate not having to stand on the shoulder by on coming traffic:rolleyes:

dboat
12-19-2007, 10:25 AM

+1

That is exactly what I do now.. I used to get out, but that is a sign of aggression on your part..

gbgary
12-19-2007, 03:58 PM
When the officer asks me if I have any ID I always say "About what?"

:tongue: ...then he hits you.

L8 APEX
12-19-2007, 11:47 PM
Nope, always stay in your car and await their commands. Windows down, dome light on is a good thing. For officer safety I sometimes drive a little further or exit the highway to pull over in a safer place. I will pull off in the grass so they have plenty of room. But I am just a nice guy.

wesman
12-20-2007, 10:07 AM
Nope, always stay in your car and await their commands. Windows down, dome light on is a good thing. For officer safety I sometimes drive a little further or exit the highway to pull over in a safer place. I will pull off in the grass so they have plenty of room. But I am just a nice guy.

I always thought pulling p to a safer place was a good idea too, a driveway entrance, business etc. However the last few times I've been pulled over they're mad as hell and say that you're supposed to pull over immediately.

I must say, as much as I break the law (speeding) I don't get pulled over often, and I never run a front plate on any of the vehicles. when I do get pulled, I always refuse the search...that always gets their goat.

BTW-I've noticed my insurance (USAA) and the concealed license usually leads to much nicer treatment from them.

--wes

yadisisp2
12-20-2007, 10:10 AM
FWIW... I still have the front plate. I just didn't like the look of having a front plate.

tiffo60
12-20-2007, 10:13 AM
FWIW... I still have the front plate. I just didn't like the look of having a front plate.

yup, front plates suck and ill never put one on anything i own:icon_mrgreen:

Ohmsby
12-20-2007, 10:13 AM
I always pull off the road and they do get a little cranky. I would rather them a little cranky than to be a star of one of those you tube video's where some asshat plows into the cars:D

yadisisp2
12-20-2007, 10:18 AM
lol. I'll just throw it on the back of my friends black Camaro and have him run from the cops for a while...

:nana2

tiffo60
I always pull off the road and they do get a little cranky. I would rather them a little cranky than to be a star of one of those you tube video's where some asshat plows into the cars:D

http://www.games2web.com/play-11403-Police_Traffic_Stop_Crash.html

Sonicblue03
Don't know about Texas law but here you're allowed to pull to a safe place of your choosing. At night you should be allowed to stop in a well light area for your own safety.

Ohmsby
12-20-2007, 11:37 AM
http://www.games2web.com/play-11403-Police_Traffic_Stop_Crash.html

Just like that.......:nono:

Sonicblue03
12-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Yes the chances of actually getting hit on the highway like that are slim, but...... that's what they probably thought too. Safety first :tu:

Chris94L
12-20-2007, 02:55 PM
Yes the chances of actually getting hit on the highway like that are slim, but...... that's what they probably thought too. Revenue first :tu:

FIXED

L8 APEX
12-20-2007, 07:04 PM
If they are not in a clearly marked unit I won't stop until they are verified by 911 or 4-5 marked units joining in the chase:D. There are too many of those blue light special fake cop cars out there. Any slick car cop that effects a traffic stop better be clearly identifiable:icon_eek:.