PDA

View Full Version : Nfl

Mark #2
12-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Just FYI for those who do not have the NFL channel.
They are live streaming it on NFL.com.

danielvalles1
12-06-2007, 10:23 PM
That's cool i will check it out.:tu:

dboat
12-06-2007, 10:32 PM
That's cool i will check it out.:tu:

You need to be watching it in Hi Def on that new tv of yours.. :nono:

danielvalles1
12-06-2007, 10:35 PM
You need to be watching it in Hi Def on that new tv of yours.. :nono:
Well i have charter cable. I am thinking about re installing my dish now that i have my TV.

dboat
12-06-2007, 10:48 PM
Well i have charter cable. I am thinking about re installing my dish now that i have my TV.

go with DirecTv.. more hi def.. also the nfl package..

Dana

danielvalles1
12-06-2007, 10:54 PM
go with DirecTv.. more hi def.. also the nfl package..

Dana
Yeah thats what i was thinking more hi def and more football.:tu:

L8 APEX
12-07-2007, 12:05 AM
Why did NFL games get hijacked to elite channel providers? What happened to watching the games on the basic channels. Pro sports are a national pastime for the common man to enjoy after a hard days work. You have to pay 600 a seat for the new stadium, you have to buy 120 a month Dish service to watch the game on TV. Society has strayed from its true course...:tex

ZeusSVT
12-07-2007, 12:18 AM
Why did NFL games get hijacked to elite channel providers? ...:tex

Premium channels....and not to mention that the commentators suck A$$....That cowboys game was the absolute worst. Gumbell needs to choose another path in his career. And Collinsworth is an idiot. :flaming:

dboat
12-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Why did NFL games get hijacked to elite channel providers? What happened to watching the games on the basic channels. Pro sports are a national pastime for the common man to enjoy after a hard days work. You have to pay 600 a seat for the new stadium, you have to buy 120 a month Dish service to watch the game on TV. Society has strayed from its true course...:tex

Terry, its the American way... remember, The business of America is business.

You do get the local games on local channels, on basic cable, usually. The NFL ticket on DirecTv is for people like me that play Fantasy Football and/or live far away from their favorite team and are willing to pay to watch them at home. Also included in this is the ability to watch the game in Hi Def. (editorial comment: the picture quality of a CBS standard def is awful IMHO)
So if you have a hi def receiver and tv, then its worth it to me.
However, the NFL in its wisdom has decided that it wants a piece of that advertising revenue pie, and has launched its own channel to be able to control the output and create the cash input, again IMHO. The issue is that the NFL wants to have the cable companies pay them for the channel and put it on basic cable, meaning the cable companies lose money on it, and the NFL would make more money. Anyway, its about the money, it usually is, and the NFL will see how high the revenue can go before people start to blink.

Dana

Ohmsby
12-10-2007, 03:33 PM
6 more post to 1000:postwhore:0fftopic