PDA

View Full Version : Mopar can suck it!!

GoldLS1
12-02-2007, 01:58 AM
Well put a leveling kit on my truck yesterday evening. Front went on just fine, didn't take too long and looks GREAT!! Went to put the wheels back on and some of the DAMN lug nuts wouldn't go on. Turns out one of the studs were !@#$%^&*()ed. And 2 lug nuts were !@#$%^&*()ed. WTF is that bullshit!! It's the first time the wheels have been off!! The truck has 4,122 miles on it!! HUGE THANKS MOPAR :rolleyes: . Three other lug nuts were hard to get on, so that might be more issues when I take them off again (which should be today, when I buy new tires). So Im rollin on 7 lugs on each side up front.

If that wasn't enough, went to raise the back up with Ubolts/block and ended up !@#$%^&*()ing up 2 of the Ubolts because they were a little to wide at the threaded end for the plate and flattened the threads when they were cranked down on. Had to cut the ubolts off and put the stockers back on... :flaming:

I had the Quadzilla Commander to hookup but decided I already @#$%^&*()ed up enough stuff for one night and a turbo will cost more to fix than studs, lugs, or a Ubolt!! So I'll see what I can break today!!

One question anyone know a Dodge place that will be open to get wheel studs from on Sunday??

L8 APEX
12-02-2007, 10:29 AM
ANy parts store should have studs. I don't remember how fun they were to change though. It will be a Dorman part about 2.50 a piece.

GoldLS1
12-02-2007, 05:22 PM
Finally found some.... Autozone, nope. Oreilly, nope. Pepboys!! YEP, but 4.99!! EA!! WTF!! R A P E . . . Oh well I needed them and they worked. Took all of 10 mins to change. Take off the wheel, unbolt the caliper bracket and WACK'em with a big hammer.

Turns out some of the lugs were F'ed too... luckly I bought another set of factory wheels for dirty cheap, so I stole 4 from them.

Installed the Quadzilla Commander too. Pretty easy install. Drilling the EGT hole was eeekkkkkk, turned out good tho. New problem now: high EGTs at 1350. They climb REAL quick to there too like 0 to 60ish mph and its there!! Boost is around 35lbs. Now I have to figure out how to lower them...

tiffo60
12-02-2007, 05:34 PM
have to go bigger on the down pipe and exhaust to lower the egt''s, quad usually informs his customers that when they buy his stuff, did you get it from his shop?

GoldLS1
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
have to go bigger on the down pipe and exhaust to lower the egt''s, quad usually informs his customers that when they buy his stuff, did you get it from his shop?

I left the stock 4" downpipe and put a 4" electric cutout where it 90s to go towards the rear of the truck (right behind the front passenger tire before the cat and muffler!!). I was hoping that would be enough to cool it?? Maybe not?? Its nice being able to turn the exhaust from stock to pretty loud...

I bought the quadzilla commander off ebay (its a monitor for egts, boost, water, and tranny). I have the smarty programmer for go, currently set on level 3 (which is VERY low).

tiffo60
12-02-2007, 09:09 PM
i always thought stock was 3 1/2? either way might have to run 5in from the turbo back or upgrade the turbo :-) i know on all his trucks he runs 5in and it does great, you really shouldnt let the egt's get above 1200 , his shop is in lakeworth right in front of his dads insurance company, go up there and he will tell you exactly what you need

GoldLS1
12-02-2007, 10:11 PM
i always thought stock was 3 1/2? either way might have to run 5in from the turbo back or upgrade the turbo :-) i know on all his trucks he runs 5in and it does great, you really shouldnt let the egt's get above 1200 , his shop is in lakeworth right in front of his dads insurance company, go up there and he will tell you exactly what you need

The 2nd Gens had 3.5" downpipes. The 03-04s are safe below 1200, the 04.5+ are safe below 1350!! Most in stock form run 1300s...

Who's shop are we taking about??

tiffo60
12-02-2007, 10:14 PM
quads aka quadzilla, his shop is in lake worth