PDA

View Full Version : Another stock part replaced

L8 APEX
12-23-2002, 10:31 AM
I have even driven some stock C5's hard enough to notice clutch slippage. So after my heads, cam, and other power adders my stock clutch was begging for mercy. Anything over 4K RPM would result in heavy slippage. I had time Sunday to swap it out for a more substantial unit;) The disk still had plenty of material on it just not enough friction or clamping pressure. The new clutch does have a noticably firmer pedal feel to it:D
The flywheel looked like one of my old brake rotors.
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/209-218-43073.jpg
http://www.f150online.com/galleries/images/209-218-43074.jpg

cpeapea
01-05-2003, 07:59 PM
damn your z06 is f'in sweet dude, when you gonna let me drive it? i have some friends that would **** their pants over that car. :burnout:

L8 APEX
01-05-2003, 10:47 PM
Just another heap to change oil, brakes and tires on:twitch: I ran a SHO today. We pulled over and talked for a long time. He lives in my neighborhood and I never knew it. He said man I beat Z06's all the time, I replied " So do I":D He showed me his 15psi Vortech setup on a custom short block:eek2: Watch out for a faded red POS looking SHO with some pillar gauges. Once it gets rolling it is vicious:bows

Red2002
01-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by L8 APEX
Just another heap to change oil, brakes and tires on:twitch: I ran a SHO today. We pulled over and talked for a long time. He lives in my neighborhood and I never knew it. He said man I beat Z06's all the time, I replied " So do I":D He showed me his 15psi Vortech setup on a custom short block:eek2: Watch out for a faded red POS looking SHO with some pillar gauges. Once it gets rolling it is vicious:bows

That's my buddy Tony. We used to run around together when I was still with the SHO crowd. He was at Hallsville with us, but you were too busy being Wayne's servant and heating his bottle to notice him out there. :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, it's a screamer. He runs ~13.30's at @ 113 or so. FWD and big HP don't go together, especially when the SHO has an open differential. The Yamaha is damn near bulletproof when properly built and tuned. It's the ultimate sleeper, no one sees his POS comin'. :)