PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Dealer Tech

L8 APEX
12-01-2007, 01:52 AM
The dealer charged an oil change to my warranty ticket for my head gasket repair. Since they tore the engine down they obviously had to change the oil. I noticed my oil lid was seeping a little. So I moved up my oil change and did it today. Guess what, the sorry dealer tech didn't change my oil filter:flaming:. That sorry SOB left an already dirty filter in there and charged Ford for a new one! The Filter looked like it had been abused and used up. The pleats were starting to move around. I switched to Rotella 5-40 synthetic I hope it brings me better starts and improved fuel economy.

tiffo60
12-01-2007, 08:49 AM
rotella is good stuff, i have run it in all our diesels and have had no problems

whitelightning'02
12-01-2007, 09:30 AM
rotella is good stuff, i have run it in all our diesels and have had no problems

Yeah, that's all we run in our trucks and they get more hours than miles.... It's good stuff:tu:

dboat
12-01-2007, 10:17 AM
The dealer charged an oil change to my warranty ticket for my head gasket repair. Since they tore the engine down they obviously had to change the oil. I noticed my oil lid was seeping a little. So I moved up my oil change and did it today. Guess what, the sorry dealer tech didn't change my oil filter:flaming:. That sorry SOB left an already dirty filter in there and charged Ford for a new one! The Filter looked like it had been abused and used up. The pleats were starting to move around. I switched to Rotella 5-40 synthetic I hope it brings me better starts and improved fuel economy.

So do you bust the guy by turning it into Ford?

L8 APEX
12-01-2007, 11:15 AM
The manager of the dealership is an old Lightning customer and good friend. They did me a favor by covering my repairs under warranty and installing my head studs. I will let him know what I found and he can handle it his way.

nacklas
12-01-2007, 01:06 PM
What an a-hole!!! Tryin to up charge and not put a new one on!! Alot of techs do that to cut corners and charge extra. Guys at my school talk bout it all the time.

danielvalles1
12-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Dam I'm going to start checking mine when they finish with the truck. That sucks paying full price for a new one and you get screwed. Whats the point of that, selling them outside the dealer to make extra cash or what