PDA

View Full Version : Batteries

L8 APEX
11-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I think this will be my last year on the stock batteries. It looks like Ford batteries were a poor batch for 05-07. Several diesel guys have replaced them rather quickly. I was looking for replacements online. This one is the perfect size!
One guy noted that the right battery went directly to the starter so it gets a lot more starting duty than the left battery. He rotates his batteries every three months, lol.

03LightningRocks
11-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I think this will be my last year on the stock batteries. It looks like Ford batteries were a poor batch for 05-07. Several diesel guys have replaced them rather quickly. I was looking for replacements online. This one is the perfect size!
One guy noted that the right battery went directly to the starter so it gets a lot more starting duty than the left battery. He rotates his batteries every three months, lol.

HaHaHa...what a dumb ass! Everybody knows you have to rotate them every other month.:tex

danielvalles1
11-26-2007, 09:58 PM
HaHaHa...what a dumb ass! Everybody knows you have to rotate them every other month.:tex
That makes me a dumb ass two i did noy know that:icon_mrgreen:

GoldLS1
11-26-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm not rotating shit on mine!! Let it die!!

03LightningRocks
12-03-2007, 08:25 PM
My battery went out this morning:flaming:. I am going to have to place blame on Terry. He posts this sh!t up and I'll be damned if my truck doesn't take a sh!t the week after. I went ahead and replaced them both. I don't need the battery leaving me stranded somewhere. 57K miles. Seems like the batteries should have lasted longer than 2 years.

charlie
12-03-2007, 08:32 PM
That makes me a dumb ass two i did noy know that:icon_mrgreen:

Well it's a good thing I don't have a diesel. I would not rotate them either. :rolleyes:

Kind of like rotating tires if you ask me. :rll:

Charlie

L8 APEX
12-03-2007, 09:05 PM
You get some good Wal-Mart batteries? Try going to Shell Rotella 5-40 synthetic for your next oil change. The 05-06 batteries seemed to be lame.

03LightningRocks
12-03-2007, 09:16 PM
You get some good Wal-Mart batteries? Try going to Shell Rotella 5-40 synthetic for your next oil change. The 05-06 batteries seemed to be lame.

I just went with the motorcraft batteries. They where 239.00 installed for both. Three year full replacement warranty. I wanted to give them a second chance:cool:. I told them to change the oil while they where at it. 78 bucks for the oil and oil filter change. I don't know what oil they used. I really didn't give a sh!t at that moment in my life. I'll try the synthetic on my next change. I almost forgot to put the stock tune back on before I gave them the truck. The dick weeds probably would have tried to void my 100K warranty.

danielvalles1
12-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Well it's a good thing I don't have a diesel. I would not rotate them either. :rolleyes:

Kind of like rotating tires if you ask me. :rll:

Charlie
:icon_mrgreen:

my2002lightning
12-03-2007, 10:58 PM
The first time I ever test-drove my brand-new L, they had to jump-start it.

The very next day after taking it to the hotel after the purchase, it stranded me the very next morning. Montrose Ford in OH. sent a new Ford battery to me and made good.

It ran fine for years until recently picking up an Optima Red-Top. I figure it was just months of sitting in the OH winter for the original stock battery.