PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Reports

dboat
11-25-2007, 12:48 PM
I really dont want to pay to join the website for one review.. anyone got a login and password they want to share so that we can review washing machines?
Dana

whitelightning'02
11-25-2007, 02:34 PM
Dana,
Go to the library, they have the whole set of reviews in print.

:evil

SILVER2000SVT
11-25-2007, 04:29 PM
If at all possible you want to wait for a couple of years to buy a new washing machine until they work out the bugs. The new government rules for water and energy conservation has crippled the performance of all new washers.

The general jist of what consumer reports had to say was that the new $1000++ front loaders are significantly out performing the new top load tub style, but don't wash as well as an older $300 top load style before the new restrictions.

Mika
11-25-2007, 04:53 PM
Adding to what Silver2000SVT said, there were a few news reports of the top loaders having problems with mold/mildew. The seals were holding water, and when the clothes were washed, they'd get mold on the clothes. Then the clothes were ruined. Not sure which station reported it, but it was a few weeks ago.

Mika

PUMP
11-25-2007, 05:07 PM
You can get a one month subscription to access the website. The way to do it is join with monthly payment and cancel at end of first month. I did this a while back and it cost +- 5 bucks.

dboat
11-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Thanks guys, we are looking at the top end Samsung at this point.. we have read about the mildew issue and one of the solutions is to leave the door open for a bit after you run a cycle, then the water will dry out.. also, it says to not overload it or use too much soap as that is a contributing factor as well.

The wife is on a roll for this, so I wont be able to wait..

Dana