PDA

View Full Version : House painter

toddwarren
11-15-2007, 04:06 PM
I know this is way off topic, but do any of you recommend a good house painter?? The home is in Carrolllton, it is my fathers and it needs outside and inside paint.

Thanks in Advance.:0fftopic

tiffo60
11-15-2007, 04:57 PM
I know this is way off topic, but do any of you recommend a good house painter?? The home is in Carrolllton, it is my fathers and it needs outside and inside paint.

Thanks in Advance.:0fftopic

We use a guy that goes to church with us, hes an artist and does house painting during the day, absolutely the best i have ever seen and cares about his work, he has done all of our homes and business's, and will until he retires.

Give him a call and im sure he will give you an estimate, you wont be dissappointed:tu:

Phil McDonald 817-624-7054

99WhiteBeast
11-15-2007, 08:23 PM
I know two friends that do it on the side as well. I've know them for 10+years- they are good, fair, and meticulous.

PM me for name and number

yadisisp2
11-15-2007, 09:18 PM
I can do the inside on weekends, lol. I used to paint alot.

toddwarren
11-16-2007, 10:52 AM
Appreciate the response who is it you refer?

L8 APEX
11-16-2007, 11:29 AM
I'd go with Steve's guy. Those Christians will screw you every time:tex

projlightning
11-16-2007, 11:33 AM
I'd probably get a couple of them guys at the labor ready...

tiffo60
11-16-2007, 11:40 AM

be careful

WA 2 FST
11-16-2007, 03:42 PM

It's too bad to read this type of thing, but unfortunately some of my Christian brothers in the world (not saying anything about those referred to in this post b/c I don't know them) are just as bad as anyone else. It's a real disappointment. :o

L8 APEX
11-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Anybody who knows me know the inflection it is meant with.:D Yes you have it right Wes:tu:. All too often the claim of christianity is a tip off you are about to get screwed. Not in reference to this thread I am sure Tiffy's people are straight.
Just one story from my personal experiences.
"A guy walked into the office at the shop one day. He said he was with IBOC the biggest church around. They were having a fund raising BBQ lunch that Friday. He was taking 10 bucks a plate and would deliver it Friday." I didn't buy it, but Chris and the other believers did. While I was eating my DQ Friday they were staring at the front door like kids waiting for the tooth fairy:hammer:. If someone approaches you with some holy opening line you better watch out. Again no disrespect to Tifton or anyone else here. Like most things in life if you are for real you don't flash it on people to gain credibility. Don't say it live it!

WA 2 FST
11-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Like most things in life if you are for real you don't flash it on people to gain credibility. Don't say it live it!

Terry, we can take this offline or maybe I can buy you lunch sometime (with no strings attached!!!), but if Christians are flashing themselves or their way of live to "gain credibility"... then their motives should be questioned. The last thing I should do as a follower of Christ is to bring attention to myself... I should only be a reflection of Him (which at times, I admit is not a good reflection).

I would only tweak your last comment to say, "If you're gonna say it, you better live it!"

Take care, my friend.

98Cobra
11-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I think Wes, maybe some of the time these people who wear the cross on their sleeve might get the whole "be a fisher of men" thing confused with acting that way.

Just my opinion...

WA 2 FST
11-18-2007, 05:36 PM
I agree.

Thing is, "living it" doesn't mean you'll get it right everytime... however, dishonesty and deceitful business practices are obvious issues. I see it all the time... to the point where when I go lease out one of my houses and someone tells me that they are a Christian, I politely, but pointedly say... "So am I. That means we _both_ should live up to the lease agreement with no problems, right?!"